What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your three favourite players of all time

Ron Jeremy

Coach
DeeGan said:
/\

Add Deion 'Primetime' Sanders. If there was one guy who take out Rice in his prime, it was Sanders (see a few of the games where it was Sanders playing for Atlanta in his prime taking on Rice - magic!)
Deion was the best at his position ever!! he totally sht down one side of the field, opposition quarterbacks would not dare throw to his side fearing interception apart from small rotes or slants, he was that quick and skillful. Another player i liked watching was Doug Flutie, he came to Buffalo as really just a back up QB behind argrably the worst Buffalo QB ever Rob Johnston. Johnston came from the Jags i think on huge money after starting a coup0le of games and showing some promise, however he became one of the biggest lemons ever!!!!!. Whilst injured Flutie stepped in when we were 0-3 and ended up taking the bills to the play offs ( which we lost) it was still a great effort from the unorthodox QB and he soon became one the most talked about players in the NFL. The next season a similar scenario occured, Johnston was yet again elected the starting QB under Phillips, he got injured and Flutie stepped in and led the bills to the playoffs. However 1 game before the playoffs Flutie got injured and Rob stepped in for the game, Rob was able to play a reasonable game and in one of the most controversial moves of all time Phillips and Ralph Wilson elected to start Rob instead of Flutie the following week in the playoff match. In what proved a distastrious decision Buffalo lost with Rob playing very ordinary. Since then the Bills have failed to make the play off and the 'Flutie curse' began. An awesome player, took the NFL by storm and even had his own cereal 'Flutie flakes' he went to San Diego afterwards and finished with i think NE. He and Rob apparently hated one anothers guts as well to add to one of the biggest QB contros ever.

DeeGan

Bench
Doug Flutie lays claim to perhaps the greatest Collegiate play of all-time (search on youtube.com) and came to Buffalo after a successful stint in the CFL (Jeff Garcia followed a similar path to San Fran).

I was a closet fan of Flutie, I liked watching him play.

Just speaking of San Diego, three players I would like to mention from that would be classed as some of my favourites include; Stan Humphries, LT and Natrone Means.

Humphries was a backup QB in Washington and won the SD job and didn't relinquish it until he retired. He led the Chargers to the 1994 Super Bowl only to be dismantled by Young and Rice.

Stan's spiral was ugly, he cared little about self preservation or his stats - he cared only about winning and had a hellova winning % when he left the NFL (though perhaps diminished a little in his last couple of seasons).

Tomlinson is going to challenge any RB as the greatest of all-time. A freak. The NFL's best player.

Natrone Means was a big, bruising back in the Bettis mould. He could have had a great career though from what I read/hear, his attitude wasn't great and his weight was up and down like a yo-yo.

Had a couple of really good seasons, highlighted by the Super Bowl run with Humphries, though his career stalled and ground to a halt at the Jags from memory. I liked him though. He was a big back with attitude.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
DeeGan said:
Doug Flutie lays claim to perhaps the greatest Collegiate play of all-time (search on youtube.com) and came to Buffalo after a successful stint in the CFL (Jeff Garcia followed a similar path to San Fran).

I was a closet fan of Flutie, I liked watching him play.

Just speaking of San Diego, three players I would like to mention from that would be classed as some of my favourites include; Stan Humphries, LT and Natrone Means.

Humphries was a backup QB in Washington and won the SD job and didn't relinquish it until he retired. He led the Chargers to the 1994 Super Bowl only to be dismantled by Young and Rice.

Stan's spiral was ugly, he cared little about self preservation or his stats - he cared only about winning and had a hellova winning % when he left the NFL (though perhaps diminished a little in his last couple of seasons).

Tomlinson is going to challenge any RB as the greatest of all-time. A freak. The NFL's best player.

Natrone Means was a big, bruising back in the Bettis mould. He could have had a great career though from what I read/hear, his attitude wasn't great and his weight was up and down like a yo-yo.

Had a couple of really good seasons, highlighted by the Super Bowl run with Humphries, though his career stalled and ground to a halt at the Jags from memory. I liked him though. He was a big back with attitude.
Flutie was great enjoyment to watch, very unorthodox but improvised brillantly. Natrone means and Stan Humphries lol remember these two blokes well. SD had a gun 94 season, they went to the superbowl and won there division from memory, they shocked everyone. Natorne was just Bettis, could've been better. That year the Chargers also had a Seau in his prime, funny still seeing him go, great player.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sh*t my computer is sh*t, i put the last 2 posts in paragraphs yet when i submit the post it doesn't do it.

Skeletor

Juniors
Cowboys
Emmitt Smith - Personified determination and perseverance. Greatest RB ever.
Michael Irvin - TO before there was a TO.
Deion Sanders - A triple threat. Better than average offense, greatest corner ever and a major threat on special teams.
TO - Mouthy, but can back it up.
Aikman - Model of consistency. Just went out there and completed passes.
Larry Allen - The guy that kept the triplets from danger.

Non-cowboys
Elway - Just an amazing all around athlete.
Rice - Man was Jerry good back in the day.
Lawrence Taylor - redefined the OLB role.

Roll Tide

Juniors
1. Shaun Alexander - Best tailback in Bama's storied history. I'm proud to say that I've seen many of his finest moments in a crimson jersey live and in person.

2. Jay Barker - He would probably be number 1 if I would have been old enough to be an avid football fan during his time at Bama. I wish I could go back in time and revisit those years.

3. DeMeco Ryans - Tough as nails and an outstanding individual. It's a shame he played for the Tide during such a tumultuous time.

Roll Tide Roll!

Cupid Stunt

I know I'll want to come back & change this like a school girl on her first date BUT...

1) Jon Runyan: O-Line never gets a mention but this guy is everything you would want protecting you as a QB plus he is an NFL "Good Guy" off the field so front offices couldn't ask for more. When guys like Michael Strahan, who were at the top of their game at the time, say that you are the biggest match-up of their year then you know you really are bringing something to the game.

2) Randall Cunnigham/Terry Bradshaw: Cunnigham had a rifle of an arm & great vision. Bradshaw was Peyton Manning LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before Peyton MAnning. He called all his plays from the line & made the adjustments he needed on the fly.

3) Terrell Owens: You either love to hate or hate to love him. I fall into the latter, but for all his BS the guy can play. Through his era I think only Marvin Harrison has had a better set of hands but no-one is the route runner Owens is. Solid in a bump, leg speed to burn & hands that dont fail... The guy is a serious player that also doubles as a marketers dream.

I would also have liked to fit in Mike Ditka (for as much as he gave after playing as he did while he was), Eric Dickerson, Reggie White & Tony Munoz but stiff sh*t I guess. :lol:

aysi

Juniors
getting here late

3 of the greatest

1 Walter Payton
2 Lawrence Taylor
3 Joe Montana

and a few more...Ronnie Lott,Mike Singletary,Barry Sanders,Brett Favre,Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice plus you could throw in a few OL guys like Dwight Stephens,John Hannah should have had a best player by position

Roll Tide

Juniors
getting here late

3 of the greatest

1 Walter Payton
2 Lawrence Taylor
3 Joe Montana

and a few more...Ronnie Lott,Mike Singletary,Barry Sanders,Brett Favre,Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice plus you could throw in a few OL guys like Dwight Stephens,John Hannah should have had a best player by position

I assume you meant Dwight Stephenson.

Anyway, it's great to see a couple of Bama men in your list (Hannah and Stephenson). :thumb

kurt faulk

Coach

this is so easy

1. kurt warner - a joy to watch him pull the trigger. when he was at his peak there was no one better.

2. marshall faulk - the best all round rb ever.

3. terrell davis - the broncos became my favourite team when this guy was in the backfield. it all ended too soon.

Dan Marino
Dan Marino
Dan Marino

ok Farve was a fave too

sad day when hes father died and he came out and passed nearly 400 yards and 4 touchdown passes at the end to win the game

John Elway wasnt bad either

abpanther

Staff member
Jerry Rice - Smooth as silk, made everything seem so effortless and he just glided across the field, the best ever.

Reggie White - What a presence, on third and long everyone knew what was ocming but they couldn't stop him, they would slide the line over, max protect and everything. That club move was a thing of beauty.

Deion Sanders - What an athlete, shutdown corner, the man took away half the field on his own, a freak who loved to high step it to the endzone.

Latest posts