What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Tips: 1. Warriors Vs Eels

Who will win?

• Warriors

Votes: 73 54.5%
  • Eels

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I'm concerned that of the top six teams, we're the most likely to get bounced in straight sets.

We played 40 good minutes to win 34-18 in round one, and lost 6-30 at the lowest point of our losing streak.

I'd back us right now, but i'd like to see the backline named on Tuesday.

Rovelli

Bench
I'm a bit scared too Doc, really need a Finals Week 2 home game, which can only come if we win on Friday.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I think both sides fans should be nervous. On our day we could smash them, on their day they could smash us. I do think we will win but im not sure whether im thinking cleary

NZ Warrior

First Grade
This should be a fantastic game, with a big scoreline.

Both sides are at their best with broken field play. So what ever team shuts down the offloads, should come away with the win.

Parra have their excitement machines and the Warriors have their support plays. This will be match of the round.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The only positive i can think of right now is that usually teams that post 50, 60, 70 points usually struggle to follow it up the next week.

I don't see the Hagan coached Eels letting off.

The only teams i see us being away is the Bulldogs, Cowboys and the Storm if they play at Docklands.

We don't have a lot of finals experience, but hopefully the old heads we have should hold enough influence over everyone else.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
eels_fan_01 said:
I think both sides fans should be nervous. On our day we could smash them, on their day they could smash us. I do think we will win but im not sure whether im thinking cleary

:lol:

eels_fan_01

Bench
NZ Warrior said:
This should be a fantastic game, with a big scoreline.

Both sides are at their best with broken field play. So what ever team shuts down the offloads, should come away with the win.

Parra have their excitement machines and the Warriors have their support plays. This will be match of the round.

I agree. I think both teams have the potential to win the comp but unfortunately potential doesnt get you there.

Rovelli

Bench
Good point.

The last time a team came over to Auckland with some confidence, and riding the crest of a wave following a comprehensive win, was R18.

The team: St George-Illawarra Dragons, who had beaten Canberra 58-16 at WIN Stadium in R17.

The result: New Zealand Warriors 44-16 St George-Illawarra Dragons

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Rovelli said:
Good point.

The last time a team came over to Auckland with some confidence, and riding the crest of a wave following a comprehensive win, was R18.

The team: St George-Illawarra Dragons, who had beaten Canberra 58-16 at WIN Stadium in R17.

The result: New Zealand Warriors 44-16 St George-Illawarra Dragons

It was like when we put 66 on Souths last year - we struggled to 28 points against Penrith, and when the Broncos put 71 on the Knights - they managed 4 points against the Dragons the next week, i think.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tough game to pick, if we stop Mckinnon and Price geez that will go along to beating them.

Very hard game, but praying to god that Parra win and the win today was the start of something.

Rovelli

Bench
Yep...and wet conditions/dewy ball could favour us too and not them, although the ball-playing skills of the Eels' is a sight to behold

Rovelli

Bench
The following are Warriors' killers:
- Mark Riddell - gets under our skin

- Nathan Hindmarsh - if he gets the ball close to the line and finds a half-gap, he happens to score time after time

- Daniel Wagon - so often has he nabbed tries to break Warrior hearts

- Timana Tahu - Newcastle days, Australia days

- Michael Witt - wait, he's one of us now.

- PJ Marsh and Nathan Cayless will want to play hard against their former team/team-mates

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rovelli said:
The following are Warriors' killers:
- Mark Riddell - gets under our skin

- Nathan Hindmarsh - if he gets the ball close to the line and finds a half-gap, he happens to score time after time

- Daniel Wagon - so often has he nabbed tries to break Warrior hearts

- Timana Tahu - Newcastle days, Australia days

- Michael Witt - wait, he's one of us now.

- PJ Marsh and Nathan Cayless will want to play hard against their former team/team-mates

Mate i think Inu may relish the slippery conditions as he's very elusive.

I'd throw in Fien as a player we need to watch also.