What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Tips: 1. Warriors Vs Eels

Who will win?

• Warriors

Votes: 73 54.5%
  • Eels

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters

imasharkie

Coach
Charlie124 said:
In all honesty, and taking the Cowboys out of my equasion for bias reasons, i think the Eels are the team most likely to beat Melbourne in the GF if they can get there.

Storm - should be there
Eagles - Orford is a big game choker, their form has been shabby of late
Warriors - no chance
Bulldogs - even less of a chance
Eels - have shown in the last 2 weeks they can come out and rip a team appart, but also they can grind out a win in a hostile environment.
Broncos - as good as gone
Souths - might win a game but not good enough to make the GF

IMO Dogs,Eels or Souths can beat Storm. The rest make up the numbers.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I like how after a loss we go from GF contenders to no chance.

Oh well it's probably better that way.

Rovelli

Bench
Sea Eagles - have they got the string around their neck yet?

Cowboys - surely not

Warriors - wouldn't write us off just yet, but we have to: a) stay in the comp b) win thrice in Australia...

Eels - have got the goods - almost tipped them over in Melbourne if Grothe scores

Bulldogs - not feelin' em right now

Rabbitohs - won't make the GF - moot point?

Broncos - big chance that they are history after tomorrow's game

----

Eels would want a Bulldogs win tonight, because it will mean that Parra would avoid Melbourne in the preliminary final. If everything goes to plan and the higher-team wins, we'd have:
Melbourne v Parra
and
Manly v NQ
in the preliminary finals

But if the Bulldogs win and the higher-placed team wins from there on in:
Melbourne v Warriors
Manly v Parramatta
in the preliminary finals

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I don't know where everyone gets this 'Warriors are poor in Australia' notion from. They aren't great, sure but....

Home record: 8-4 (finals notwithstanding)
Away record: 5-6-1

It's probably no better or worse than most teams away form. Interestingly, during the six game losing streak they lost four at home and only two away.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Dr Crane said:
Nein haven't yet shown the game where you are, have they?

Mate, Mckinnon made one break. Witt was a partner in the havles so you'd think he would be held responsible for the fact Warriors scored 1 legtimate try in the game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
eels_fan_01 said:
Mate, Mckinnon made one break. Witt was a partner in the havles so you'd think he would be held responsible for the fact Warriors scored 1 legtimate try in the game.

You could argue Finch and Smith did just as much. Considering Peeejay put in the kick for your second try.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Dr Crane said:
You could argue Finch and Smith did just as much. Considering Peeejay put in the kick for your second try.

Smith had a bad game, i never have made any comments on hes game, i thought he was very ordinary. Finch while not setting the world on fire i thought he had a strong defensive and kicking game. I see your point though.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I thought Tim Smith was very good and controlled, his pass to Tahu to almost score was a beauty as well.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
I thought Tim Smith was very good and controlled, his pass to Tahu to almost score was a beauty as well.

I thought he was erractic, hes passes on the 5th tackle put other players under pressure.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eels_fan_01 said:
I thought he was erractic, hes passes on the 5th tackle put other players under pressure.

I think his 5th tackle options were ordinary due to the warriors pressure, finch & Hayne also had significant pressure applied to them as well.

Charlie124

First Grade
Fast Eddie said:
I like how after a loss we go from GF contenders to no chance.

Oh well it's probably better that way.

I can only speak for myself but i said you were no chance before last nights game, in fact i think it was earlier in this thread i said the Eels would do it easily.