What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Tips: 1. Warriors Vs Eels

Who will win?

• Warriors

Votes: 73 54.5%
  • Eels

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters

Charlie124

First Grade
Parra easily. I dont think the Warriors have anything that could trouble the Eels, home ground advantage is probably the only thing that will keep this from being a flogging.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If Parra shutdown Wade and Price we'll win, the problem is how? Price is a big game player and look for him to make 200+ metres plus more game time. Wade? well last time we played the Warriors over there he carved us up, only way to stop him is kicking to the wingers, kick to him and he takes it on the fly watch out, plus his support play is fantastic.

Fien out of dummy half is another worry.

Parramatta have the talent, but as said earlier in the thread cloud 9 could be a massive problem. The last time 2 times Parra unleashed its guns the next game we lost, firstly Canberra 34-10 and Cronulla 25-24.

3rd time lucky? hopefully, and hopefully we end up wining the GF.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Charlie124 said:
Parra easily. I dont think the Warriors have anything that could trouble the Eels, home ground advantage is probably the only thing that will keep this from being a flogging.

If Parramatta flog NZ over there in there first semi i wont post for a month! it wont happen! the best result for us is a 2-4 point win.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Charlie124 said:

The Eels dont' have their favourite Warriors winger target ;) There ain't no cheap points avaliable sorry.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm tipping the Warriors. I just don't know what team we'll take over there, and I don't know how Sunday's absolute massacre will affect the team - will they be cocky? Will they gain confidence out of it but still be focused?

:crazy:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
If Parra shutdown Wade and Price we'll win, the problem is how? Price is a big game player and look for him to make 200+ metres plus more game time. Wade? well last time we played the Warriors over there he carved us up, only way to stop him is kicking to the wingers, kick to him and he takes it on the fly watch out, plus his support play is fantastic.

Fien out of dummy half is another worry.

Parramatta have the talent, but as said earlier in the thread cloud 9 could be a massive problem. The last time 2 times Parra unleashed its guns the next game we lost, firstly Canberra 34-10 and Cronulla 25-24.

3rd time lucky? hopefully, and hopefully we end up wining the GF.

If you spend too much time worrying about how to deal with Pricey or Wadeo, some one else is gonna burn you. How? Look at our draw with the Roosters. (for Pricey being almost kept quiet- injection Lauaki), vs Sea Eagles 2 weeks ago (kick bounced away from Wadeo and what he do?), vs Panthers...half a sniff and you're in trouble.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Price and McKinnon are very good players...But so are Mannering...Luaki...Fien...Rovelli...Rapira...

As you said - if we focus on stopping just Price and McKinnon, it's bye bye Eels.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
The problem with this game is I can actually see either team winning like 36-14. Neither would surprise me. Eels depends largely on what team will show up. Warriors we are largely used to how their games go...poor start and then a surge before HT to even things up or take the lead.

So basically, with Warrior backline injuries...if Eels bring their A game, then it's all over.
If they bring their A game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Traditionally, the Finals is where we tend to choke and whatnot. But this year, we have a new coach - perhaps he is the tonic we need to get properly fired up? I don't know.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
We may have injuries striking at the wrong time TD but if we have the focus to push that aside and ply athe way we can, anything is on the cards

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Personally, I think it's down to the forwards.
They have more strike power in the backs but I can't reaaally see the likes of Cayless and Hindmarsh giving us too many problems, FuiFui included.
Feleti Bill Williams may be a problem with his offloading, though I really think if Steven and the boys can dominate then Smith won't have as much time on the ball.

Dazzraider

Juniors
This will be a cracker of a game. Warriors to me will win this though.
The home ground advantage and parramattas win will help the warriors. Why?
well tim Smith has been known to get very cocky after a great game and the young parra players have that sense of cockiness in them which will haunt them this week coming up against Price,Wiki,Mc Kinnon and Lauaki.Great runners in there own style of play and with Wiki's Defence he will be davastating against players like Mateo and Riddell, they will not have a chance to break the line through him. Wrong way to come into a final but it is a confidence boost as well for the Eels.
But its semi final footy and the warriors showed last week 14 points down they still got it in them to score 3 tries in under 10 minutes which they seem to have a knack of.
my score for this game would be Warriors 32 Eels 22.

kav

Juniors
Eels have had a poor preparation for this game - inconsistent form, a too easy win last week when everything turned to gold, a 5 day turn round. Warriors have been more consistent, had a tough game last week and play at home in front of 29,000 fans. Their injuries are significant but their replacements will not let the side down.

Warriors by 6

Kav

Bazal

Post Whore
If we attack the way we did against Brisbane the Warriors won't be able to stop us. But consistency is an issue for us, and the last time we played a match where we dominated like that we wound up on the end of four tries in 11 minutes in Canberra...the other thing I would worry about is our pack and bench...we have only picked one prop on the bench against a big, strong Warriors side, and we are still carrying 4 workhorse backrowers in the Hindys, Chad and Wagon. The warriors, for mine, have the worst halves of all the top 5or 6 sides. If we manage to contain the Warriors pack and outmaneouvre them with our mobile forwards, we will win. If the Warriors get a roll on up front, McKinnon Witt and Rovelli will benefit immensely and they will probably win. At the moment I just can't pick it...

Latest posts