What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your tips for first week of the finals

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
newcastle - at home, rested & focused, over manly who may have had the stuffing knocked out of them by the storm & with kennedy's fitness still clouded.
brisbane - at home & in better form than saints.
raiders - upset win - the dogs seem to be running out of steam at the wrong time without some handy players.
storm - if parra had all their props, it would be an interesting tussle. but they look out on their feet with backrowers having to do twice the work they normally do, leaving no energy to run wide. in short - they're f*cked. pity that their luck has abandoned them (injury-wise) but a great effort to turn the season around nonetheless. cricket score on the way.

what he said.

keeney

First Grade
Broncos are the team I'm most confident about, their defence is as good as it traditionally is at the start of the year, which is surprising. Dragons are a 3 legged horse begging for a bullet IMO.

Hutty1986

Immortal
keeney said:
Broncos are the team I'm most confident about, their defence is as good as it traditionally is at the start of the year, which is surprising. Dragons are a 3 legged horse begging for a bullet IMO.

They've done enough to win past couple of weeks.

They'll be ready on Saturday night

Knights vs Sea Eagles
A very close game, both sides being very even, with the difference being in the halves with Joey using his big game experience to outplay Orford
Knights 24-18
MOM Johns

Broncos vs Dragons
Again another exciting game, both sides will go at each other with everything, Dragons prevail in the end
Dragons 28-24
MOM Gasnier

Bulldogs vs Raiders
I sense an upset here, the Raiders are very good in a close game, and will not let in many soft tries, like the dogs the raiders have a good forward pack and can definately win this one
Raiders 22-16
MOM Schifcofske

Storm vs Eels
Storm should be able to win comfortably here, but if they drop lots of ball parra will get them, if they hold the ball they will win by plenty
Storm 36-12
MOM Smith

Dutchy

Immortal
Manly by 14
Storm by 22
Dogs by 6
Broncos by 18

Burns to carve up Mullo and Kidley

_Johnsy

Referee
Newcastle vs Manly - Knights by 7
Brisbane vs St.George - StGeorge by 16
Bulldogs vs Raiders - Bulldogs by 3
Storm vs Eels - Storm by 22

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Is it just me or do the dragon's centres play average at best against the broncos?? im not degrading them or anything, i rate gasnier and cooper very highly, but i dont think ive seen them dominate the broncos like they do against other teams...

just my 2 cents

by the way.... GO THE BRONCOS!!!! by 14!!!

azza

Juniors
There is usually an upset first round of the finals but I don't think the Dogs will make the mistake of taking the Raiders lightly and being ambushed by them. The Raiders will have to play superbly to beat them.

JJ

Immortal
Newcastle vs Manly - Newcastle by 4
Brisbane vs St.George - Brisbane by 10
Bulldogs vs Raiders - Bulldogs by 12+
Storm vs Eels - Storm by 6

Very confident about Dogs, but the other 3 could all upset

mighty eel

Juniors
Knights vs Sea eagles (Knights should win but it will be tough)

Knights 28 Sea eagles 18

Broncos vs Dragons (Broncos will be to strong in defence and attack and should win confortably)

Broncos 30 Dragons 14

Raiders vs Bulldogs (Raiders will win only because the Bulldogs have not got Asotasi Tonga and Matui Raiders will win.)

Raiders 24 Bulldogs 18

Eels vs Storm (Eels will win only because they have there captain coming back and have a great record when Cayless is there playing with Hindmarsh it will be a close game and Eels will win)

Eels 29 Storm 22

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Knights v Manly. Heart says Manly, but head says Knights. I will go with the heart by 1.

Broncos v Dragons. Depends who the Broncos put on Gaz. Home ground didn't help Brisbane earlier in the year, but should this time. Broncos by 8.

Bulldogs v Raiders. Mason will be back and damaging. Too much stike power in the forwards, but it wouldn't take much for them to get rolled. If it gets close at the end, you would expect a Raiders win. I just hope this one doesn't turn into a goalkickingathon. Shif v El Mazri. Dogs by 12.

Storm v Eels. Storm looked bloody good on the weekend. I think they have a bit of improvement in them too. If it's wet the Eels may have a chance. The Storm can drop the pill a bit at times. Storm by 16.