What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 bowlers of all time?

muralitharan the greatest baseball pitcher never to play baseball. maybe a contract with the yankees is on the cards when hes done thieving cricket

ambrose
walsh
wasim
waqar
marshall

enough said

Red Bear

Referee
1. Mcgrath - Some say he isnt quick enough blah blah blah. 550 wickets at 21.5 or so, his average was its best after the lords test in 2005 just before he stepped on that f**king cricket ball (wasnt the same bowler after that). Just supurb. Not only the 550 odd wickets but he pretty mch has created most of Lee's wickets, gilliespies and warnie owes him big time, as Mcgrath had the pressure on the entire time he bowled. Friggen Gun.

After Mcgrath the next 4 in no real order
Ambrose
Donald
Warnie
Akram

(bowlers ive seen only, unlucky are Younis, murali, Gillespie and Walsh).

Timbo

Staff member
1-Shane Warne
2-Michael Holding
3-Dennis Lillee
4-Wasim Akram
5-Mike Procter

lockyno1

Post Whore
SK Barnes
Warne
Lillie

Then there is a stack of bowlers who could fill position 4-5 on my list- Ambrose, Imran Khan, Kapil Dev, Hadlee, Fred Trueman, Jim Laker (personally rate him ahead of murali), and a few others. McGrath as good as he was wouldn't make my top 10-15.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mick Lewis
Gavin Robertson
Martin Snedden
Phillip De Freitis

and lastly

Shane Watson :crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Scott Muller was not that bad, was made a scapegoat. Hardly was a shocking test bowler. Swung the ball consistently!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah fair enough, there have been worse test bowlers for Australia. Sunshine has bowled in test matches for Australia :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sunshine is a batsman who can bowl a bit, will never be a front line bowler. 4th change is where he should be, partnership breaker.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Since 1990 and tests only

1. Murali
2. McGrath
3. Ambrose
4. Warne
5. Younis

I wanted to leave Warne out but subbed him in for Akram at the last minute. Akram and Younis were both slightly better in ODIs than tests. Akram is probably generally regarded as the better bowler (maintained his peak longer) but Younis was my personal fave and more lethal- actually, more lethal than any bowler that I've seen- in his prime.

Next on the list- Donald, Pollock, Akram

lockyno1

Post Whore
Any list that DOES NOT have SF Barnes on their list is just silly. None of us would have seen him but he is regarded as the best bowler of all time by many experts.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Any list that DOES NOT have SF Barnes on their list is just silly. None of us would have seen him but he is regarded as the best bowler of all time by many experts.

I don't feel silly leaving him off my 1990 onwards list, I don't think he played much after 1990

lockyno1

Post Whore
Manu Vatuvei said:
I don't feel silly leaving him off my 1990 onwards list, I don't think he played much after 1990

Wasn't aimed at you, as you specified the time period. But anyone who didn't specify the time period and does not include Barnes is silly!

Latest posts