What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 favorite gigs

DB

First Grade
^^^ I agree... I've seen them do it on TV at a concert before, but to see it live was incredible.

LESStar58

Referee
I must be the only person in Australia who is not creaming his pants over the Springsteen Tour. I am not discounting his status as a performer and songwriter, I just don't care much for him.

Flogging Molly, Lawrance Arms & Lucero at the Tivoli in February makes it in to my top 5 at the expense of the last FM tour. They did a cover of Folsom Prison Blues beacause they played on Johnny Cash's birthday.

carcharias

Immortal
I must be the only person in Australia who is not creaming his pants over the Springsteen Tour
he doesn't do anything for me.
yeah sure he is an icon I guess...never owned or purposely listened to his stuff...never will.

redvscotty

First Grade
Voodoo Glow Skulls - Last night.
Municipal Waste - About 6 years ago in Brisbane
Slipknot + Hatebreed - Same year they both played Big Day out. Saw them twice in 2 days. The Southbank Convention centre show was f**king awesome.
Mudvayne at BDO was good, as was Rammstein and Limp Bizkit. Good times.
Warped Tour was another good one.

Foz

Bench
I'm an oldie so apologies if you havent heard of any of these artists.
Cant remember the year the gigs were played.

1.Paul McCartney-played for 3 hours and still couldve played for another 3 hours and he still wouldve had more hits to play.(Hordern Pavillion/Parramatta Stadium)

2.Queen.My girlfriend made me go to this one and what a performance.Freddie Mercury's voice had to be heard to be believed.(Entertainment Centre)

3.Simon and Garfunkel.Like Freddie,Garfunkels voice was amazing.When he sung bridge over troubled waters you couldve heard a pin drop.(Sydney Sports Ground)

4.Billy Joel.Put on a good old fashioned pop concert with many hits.(Entertainment Centre)

5.America and Hot chocolate.Both great concerts and cant split them.Elton John was pretty good too.(Central Coast Leagues/Entertainment Centre)

Disappointments.
Lionel Ritchie.He was great but only sung for about an hour and a quarter.
Genesis.Fantastic musicians but got carried away with the instruments and left out their solo hits.
Jesus Christ Superstar.Great cast but couldnt get into the show.
(all Entertainment centre)

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
Bump.

Having trouble fitting in

Asleep At The Wheel- The Broken Spoke- Austin TX- June 2014
Merle Haggard, Jason Boland & The Straggers, Sunny Sweeney- Floore's Country Store, Helotes TX- June 2014

Red Bear

Referee
Basically the concerts I've been to ssince that post could fit in.

They Might Be Giants, both at Canberra for Groovin and in Washington DC, sensational fun. QOTSA in Nashville and in Sydney, both excellent. The Bronx in Sydney this year was awesome.

LESStar58

Referee
Haven't managed to see QOTSA yet.

They are a very good live band although Josh Homme is an a-grade kent.

I once worked with a girl who shagged him in London and she said he was the biggest wick prick. Acts like his shit don't stink but couldn't keep up with her drinkin', druggin' or anything else.

1) Pink Floyd '87 Ent Cent. Sure it was without Waters but it was still Floyd and blew me away. The sound quality, the special effects, David Gilmour, nothing like it.

2) Queen '86 Ent Cent. What can you say about Freddie ? Everything !

3) Narara '83 - Angels, Chisel, Mentals, Oils, f**k I can't remember, it was a 3 day outdoor concert and those brain cells involved stopped working long ago.

4) Elton John '81 Horden Pavilion - special midnight concert as it was EJ's birthday and he just kept playing ! (and his voice was good back then)

5) Deep Purple 'mid 80s Ent Cent, when a special guest got up on stage for 3-4 songs. It was George Harrison.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Pearl Jam - 2001 - Sydney Entertainment Centre
Killswitch Engage & Lamb of God - 2006 - Luna Park Sydney
Foo Fighters - 2005 - Acer Arena Sydney
Korn/Disturbed/Hate Breed - 2005 - Acer Arena Sydney
PJ Harvey - 2001 BDO Sydney - A festival performance but was blown away by this woman.

LESStar58

Referee
I saw Dave & Phil Alvin at Northcote Social Club in Melbourne last night.

Have to consider where in the top five that places but my gawd they were phenomenal! Playing the new album mainly but also worked in a few Blasters covers (Border Radio, One Bad Stud, Marie Marie) in to the set. Totally blown away!

Incorrect

Coach
In no particular oder...

Fishbone w/ The Porkers - Selina's Coogee Dec 1996. Simply astonishing
AC/DC Stadium Australia 2010 (?) - Great entertainment
Rocket From the Crypt - Glenworth Valley Festival... no idea what year, late 90's?
The Music - Metro Sydney, can't rememebr the date. Not a fan per se but they were really f**king good that night
Shihad General Electric Album Show - Annandale 2010. One of my all time fave albums played Go to Whoa - Brilliant

Special Mention - The Screaming Jets at the Phoenician Club in Broadway 1994. I was a massive fan of them when I was in high school, this was the first gig they played at a licensed premises after I turned 18 so I went along and it was a cracking gig. For a period in the early to mid 90's they were untouchable as a live band - EDIT - as far as local acts go that is...

Last edited: