What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your'e favourite match of all time

Anonymous

Juniors
AdamH said:
Eddie. said:
This might sound dumb as a "favourite game" but losing to Penrith 32-31. For a 15 minute period after half time thats the best ive ever seen my team play, scored some stunning long distance tries. They then decided to play the worst they have ever played for the last 20. It was an epic though.

This is my favourite game! I was there and the Tigers were awesome... Craig had a Field day ;-) Hicksy saved us with some amazing sideline conversions and T Puletua was at his rampaging best!

A brilliant match.

What really pisses me off though is that since that day i've never seen that merkin kick a goal from the sideline. He's literally a pretty average kicker, but on that particular day decided to kick EVERYTHING. What a bastard.

JK

azza said:
1994 semi-final Raiders v Bulldogs. The Raiders lost in extra time after having 2 or 3 shots at field goals hitting the post (of course, we had our vengeance two weeks later :D).

That was a fantasitic game - extremely tense and should have been the GF even if the result was reversed. In the end that was such a letdown.

For me the 1998 Semi Dogs vs Eels.

OMFG I nearly died that day! :shock: :D :D :D 8)

skeepe

Immortal
I'll add in an honourable mention for the Warriors vs Raiders semi last year... The atmosphere at the ground was absolutely amazing and the game was top class.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Either Saints vs Canberra or Saints vs Norths from the 1996 Finals Series. We were expected to win neither of those matches but blitzed them with dazzling football. The "mousetrap" try, Bartrim's "try of the season", Choc's intercept. The Army was going nuts both days - Brilliant stuff!!

Saints vs Cronulla, the major semi final of 1999. A local derby in front of 65,000+ fans, everyone going wild when Saints can back from 8-0 down at halftime to storm home on the back of an Anthony Mundine hat-trick. "Can you hear the Sharkies sing?? Nooooo!!"...

Cheers,
Ben S.

The Colonel

Immortal
1998 Semi Final Parra v Norths. Won 25-12 by Parramatta. Some of the most brutal defence, I have not seen for a long time, was dished up that night. Down 12-6 at halftime the Eels came back on the back of bruising defence lead by Dean Pay and the ball skills of Jason Smith and John Simon.

melon....

Coach
The 75 Grand Final....destroying St.Illasocks 38-0 after going in at half time up 5-0.

The 2002 Grand Final, Freddy's First as Captain.

The 2000 Major Semi against the Knights. Knights went in at half time up 16-2, Johns was telling Ricko as they walked off "Enjoy Mad Monday" Then Cross and Fittler destroyed Newcastle in the Second half. Watching Johns CHUCK THAT MOUTHGUARD INTO THE SFS TURF!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fat_mike

Juniors
loved that major semi, i was absolutely filthy at half time. loved every m,inute of the second half but, went to the grand final the next week and ahd to sit in amongst the broncos cheer squad. bloody broncos everywhere. didnt even stay around to watch the trophy being lifted by the broncos.

JamMastahShane

Juniors
Wests Tigers inaugural match against Brisbane Broncos in 2000 at Campbelltown the best game I've ever been to the atmosphere was awesome. Satisfied with the 24-24 scoreline. A close second is the game between the Magpies and Illawarra in '96 to secure 8th spot on the ladder for a finals berth.

banner15.jpg

bluesbreaker

Bench
Flogging the Roosters in 2001 or the 97 Grand final... I don't care what you say, greeneyed, that was a heaps better game than the 89 grand final.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
last years grand final. not a big fan of the panthers, dont like the roosters, but i had a bet with a mate that the roosters would win, neither of us felt safe with our bet until the final whistle. brilliant game, but my already high blood pressure was going nuts

Pigskin

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:
Rnd 3 I think 2000. Brisbane late come back to nail Cronulla. Final try off a Brad Thorn bomb.

I have that game on tape ;-) Wendell scored the try.

"That Try" .... Coyne in the corner ... game 1, 1994 .... what a great night

Qld smashing NSW in game 1, 2001 ..... "the Cowboys, the Cowboys .... who's gonna score next ? John Wayne ?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

92 gf was great, but the party after 93 was better .... sorry Dragqueens ..... Kevvie Walters over a loud speaker at Red Hill, 11pm ... "We've just been informed that St George have been sighted at the SFS in the last 5 mins trying to score a try" ........ the wait was over in 92

Oink !

Rise Against

1995 semi vs raiders, broncos, st george and of course the gf

98 St George Vs Dogs semi
98 Nths Vs dogs semi
98 Newcastle Vs dogs semi
98 Parra vs dogs semi

2001 Dogs vs Nthn Eagles - The el masri pass 2 d smith in the corner!
2002 vs Newcastle el masri kick
2003 Vs roosters UTAI SLAM
2004 demolition of Parra

Skinner

Coach
greeneyed said:
1989 Grand Final .... obviously the best ever Grand Final ever and probably the best ever game ever. Incredible game. Any suggestion that last year's Grand Final is better or that 1997 is better is ridiculous. The people concerned obviously never saw the 1989 Grand Final or have an agenda.

Absolutely spot on. Nothing could ever match that one.

Skinner

Southernsaint

Staff member
Tang said:

98 Nths Vs dogs semi
98 Parra vs dogs semi

2004 demolition of Parra

LOL, Tang your two favourite games against St George are ones where only refereeing could save you ;-)

The shepherd in 1995 & the forward pass in 1998...

Cheers,
Ben S.

thickos

First Grade
89 GF for the result obviously but I'm going with a loss for my team - Warriors-Raiders semi 2003. 17-16 in what I think was one of the games of the season.

Raiders written off in the media all week. No Croker, Drew under a fitness cloud. Warriors belting the crap out of the Dogs the week before, Rhys Wesser talking about how much they were looking forward to playing the Warriors in the GF qualifier.

An incredible atmosphere - 32k for two non-Sydney teams! The intensity in the Raiders was like nothing I've seen before. McLinden opens them up for a 70m run in the first set - Woolford scores a few minutes later. 10-0 Raiders then the Warriors fight back with two hot tries. The attack is good but the defence is even better, hits like you wouldn't believe. Wiki belting everyone in sight. When the Warriors made it 16-10 I thought our run was over but incredibly the Raiders held their own, and got it back to 16-16. With 5 to play Mogg and Monaghan but Meli into touch 10m out, you could sense the knockout blow coming.... but it slipped through our fingers :cry: Then Jones stepped up to the plate as always to break our hearts.

Never been more gutted but never more proud. A superhuman display that night.

melon....

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Tang said:

98 Nths Vs dogs semi
98 Parra vs dogs semi

2004 demolition of Parra

LOL, Tang your two favourite games against St George are ones where only refereeing could save you ;-)

Cheers,
Ben S.
Classic whinge.....you guys are the best at it for sure.

Southernsaint

Staff member
melon.... said:
Southernsaint said:
Tang said:

98 Nths Vs dogs semi
98 Parra vs dogs semi

2004 demolition of Parra

Cheers,
Ben S.
Classic whinge.....you guys are the best at it for sure.

No mate, when it comes to whingeing we sit at the foot of the masters, Eastern Suburbs fans.

Still, not too many refereeing decisions go against the Roosters, do they?? :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

JK

Southernsaint said:
Tang said:

98 Nths Vs dogs semi
98 Parra vs dogs semi

2004 demolition of Parra

Cheers,
Ben S.

:lol:

The next day the tele showed photos that clearly displayed that the try was fair.

As for 95 :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is one for the Manly fans to deal with!

Latest posts