What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax in Kangaroos train-on squad

kit66

Bench
Mal has chosen Lomax as part of his Kangaroos train-on squad. Along with Hunt.
Congratulations to them.

It's hard to believe Lomax will turn just 24 later this month, he seems to have been around a lot longer than his age suggests. His form has improved dramatically this year, cutting back on his handling errors significantly and ditching those stupid no-look passes in the latter half of the year. His confidence seems to be up as well and he's more fluid and successful at contesting for Hunt's bombs near the line. A Green and Gold call up (if not a jersey) will boost his confidence even more and mingling with the best of the best can only be good for his learning new skills.
I rewatched a 2011 Saints vs Sharkies game yesterday and marvelled at the efforts of our halves' (Sowie and Fein that day) ability to get quality early ball out to Coops and Gasnier and watching them have a field day. What a backline that was, Darioos, Morris, Nightie, Coops and Gaz.
Congrats to both of them, they'll need to work hard to earn a jersey though with some of the competition for spots they'll face.

justadragon

Bench
It's hard to believe Lomax will turn just 24 later this month, he seems to have been around a lot longer than his age suggests. His form has improved dramatically this year, cutting back on his handling errors significantly and ditching those stupid no-look passes in the latter half of the year. His confidence seems to be up as well and he's more fluid and successful at contesting for Hunt's bombs near the line. A Green and Gold call up (if not a jersey) will boost his confidence even more and mingling with the best of the best can only be good for his learning new skills.
I rewatched a 2011 Saints vs Sharkies game yesterday and marvelled at the efforts of our halves' (Sowie and Fein that day) ability to get quality early ball out to Coops and Gasnier and watching them have a field day. What a backline that was, Darioos, Morris, Nightie, Coops and Gaz.
Congrats to both of them, they'll need to work hard to earn a jersey though with some of the competition for spots they'll face.
And we didn't even want Coops back to give us a hand at training our backline, go figure that out !!

thebigredv

First Grade
I read elsewhere (SMH) Lomax looks set to replace Sloan at fullback under Flannagan. Lose a lot in speed but replaces our least physical player for one of our most. Hopefully this makes it a lot harder for us to score against because the efforts from the likes of Sloan and Feagai wearing the red v we’re making me physically sick.

TheRev

First Grade
Its a nice gesture for Lomax, I think he could do with some of the positives that have come late this season. That said there must be 20 centres in front of him in terms of playing for OZ.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I think he's also in the PM's team to play PNG.

BLM01

First Grade
Zac Lomax has been named in the PM's XIII Squad to play PNG on September 23... and... staggeringly... so has Tyrell Sloan.

Yes it makes you wonder. Everyone is some sort of international representative and PM's use it where they can to gain advantage for resumes and $$$.. and so do media in their reporting.
Back on track
I thought the PM's 13 or 17 was for fringe and or potential test players that have not made semis with some just not quite good enough to make the best in the country squad.
Mal has stated that he likes emerging talent to play in this but what message does it send.
I suppose whatever message you want depending on who you are
A kangaroo jersey should be for the best even if it is a Non Top 8 or reserve elite level side.

Victoire

Juniors
Yes it makes you wonder. Everyone is some sort of international representative and PM's use it where they can to gain advantage for resumes and $$$.. and so do media in their reporting.
Back on track
I thought the PM's 13 or 17 was for fringe and or potential test players that have not made semis with some just not quite good enough to make the best in the country squad.
Mal has stated that he likes emerging talent to play in this but what message does it send.
I suppose whatever message you want depending on who you are
A kangaroo jersey should be for the best even if it is a Non Top 8 or reserve elite level side.
They have always given young outsiders a taste in these games, but I feel big Blake Lawrie deserved a crack at something like this, well ahead of Tyrell.

btw congrats also to Teagan Berry, named in the women's side. Well deserved

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Curious to where Sloan would play, seeing HTF is also in the squad. The Fox and Khan-Periera would be the wingers. So maybe HTF will play centre?

BLM01

First Grade
When i look at the PM X111's squad I still cant get my head around how Sloan is the fullback and M Molo is on the bench amongst mostly origin / test players.
The Tigers fullback, Averillo or even Laurie goes better???
I know that is what Mal wanted but I thought it was for experience only
Does not matter I will keep scratching my head.

Draginzaaar

Bench
When i look at the PM X111's squad I still cant get my head around how Sloan is the fullback and M Molo is on the bench amongst mostly origin / test players.
The Tigers fullback, Averillo or even Laurie goes better???
I know that is what Mal wanted but I thought it was for experience only
Does not matter I will keep scratching my head.
Maybe Albo really picked the team.