What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Nutz

Bench
You'll lose him to Parra.
Get rid of him and Hunt too if he starts squeeling when/if Saints stop winning later on throughout the year.
Get rid of a culture of entitlement. If you're not on the bus then get the....off. That doesn't make sense :) How about if your on the bus and don't want to be then get off ha ha.
I'm only saying this because I have history with Saints and care for them to be a powerhouse club again.
Saints won't be that club unless it's one in all in mentality.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Do you see him playing at left or right centre at Parra? On the right with Cartwright and Moses would be interesting. If that happens were does Penisini fit?
On the left with Brown and Lane could be exciting too.
Wouldn't it be the left to join up with Siva. Penisini floating.
Being an ex outside centre I don't think left/right centre preferences is important as say to a ⅝ when it comes to passing as it's shorter distance and which leg do you like to step off. I couldn't make my mind up which leg to step off hence my footy nickname was "hoppy" :)
Pretty formidable pairing Lomax and Sivo.

RedVee

First Grade
Wouldn't it be the left to join up with Siva. Penisini floating.
Being an ex outside centre I don't think left/right centre preferences is important as say to a ⅝ when it comes to passing as it's shorter distance and which leg do you like to step off. I couldn't make my mind up which leg to step off hence my footy nickname was "hoppy" :)
Pretty formidable pairing Lomax and Sivo.
Remember Lomax didn’t enjoy left centre under Hook and ended up being dropped

Nutz

Bench
Flano said he tried to convince him to stay.
It wasn't successful so that's it.
He doesn't want to be here so see ya later.
Easy.
I said on another forum ages ago that Lomax will be gone this year as Flanno won't have it.
I said Lomax and Hunt would go.
Hunts has since aimed up.
Flanno is who you need as a coach right now. He cut the lazy culture out of the Sharks and look what happened there.

I havent seen this brought up yet but how does the Forum think he’ll be treated by Dragons fans from now on at all home games? For me personally i want to yell and scream at him. I have a 2010 commemorative jersey with only 1 signature on it - bloody Zac. He signed it at a fan day at Kogarah a few years ago before i could stop him and now its ruined!! I hate players who dont want to be at the Dragons so it will be interesting to see how he’s treated from now on. We need him but theres no way ill clap for anything he does from now on. If i could punch him i would. So gutted by things like this

Nutz

Bench
I havent seen this brought up yet but how does the Forum think he’ll be treated by Dragons fans from now on at all home games? For me personally i want to yell and scream at him. I have a 2010 commemorative jersey with only 1 signature on it - bloody Zac. He signed it at a fan day at Kogarah a few years ago before i could stop him and now its ruined!! I hate players who dont want to be at the Dragons so it will be interesting to see how he’s treated from now on. We need him but theres no way ill clap for anything he does from now on. If i could punch him i would. So gutted by things like this
I don't blame you mate, but pls don't punch him, I wouldn't want to bail you out hee hee
And pls don't be like this fan :)

RedVee

First Grade
As long as he keeps putting in I’ll be happy

sammymills

Juniors
It’s very interesting I think

Lomax clearly hated hook especially since the fox sports interview where he mocked him, I really don’t think that would have went down well with Ben Hunt who was close to hook.

2 weeks ago Ben Hunt comes out in media and confirms Lomax wants out. This to me was bizarre, I can’t recall any captain of a recent NRL team doing something of the sort.

the day after it’s confirmed Lomax is leaving, Hunt - who couldn’t wait to get out of the place last year- is talking about an extension for 2026.
I think there must be some really bad blood between the two of them, Lomax to me seems very immature and self centred from a number of incidents over the years (frizell incident, fox sports interview etc). Flanno seems to have changed the culture and only wants to keep players who buy in , I doubt Lomax would be one of them and as such a player like that, regardless of talent, can be a real cancer to a team and their cohesion.

justadragon

Bench
Tele scribes were today throwing around some possible candidates to replace Lomax. All were promising juniors, Sione Finau, Savelio Tamale, probably the favorites, then there were guys from Ball Cup, Jessie Williams, Hayden Buchanan, David Afu, even the pocket rocket Tyler Peckam-Harris. The poor relation of the NSW RL, the Flegg Cup missed out.
Flanagan, tho will probably bypass Finau and Tamale (yet to be resigned) and go to the market.
Flanno did mention in his PC they will be looking within the club first.

kit66

Bench
How dumb is Parra, tap the player up to break a contract and then find out that they can't get him because of salary cap issue. Maybe Wayne can get him to the Dolphins. Farnsworth and Lomax will be a pretty lethal centre combo.

I don't believe the sudden "salary cap issue" bs for a minute. With the release made public it's now a buyers market for signing Lomax. Parra can set a more reasonable price now - $800K is way overs for Lomax and who but us are that desperate.

I'd much prefer Hopgood (24)
Will Flanagan. I doubt it as he prefers to have Eisenhuth there over JDB who looks like being unwanted after this season. Jack still has plenty of juice left in the tank, but may have to use in at another club. Firstly Zac now Jack likely to follow him out the door. Saddens this ageing Dragons tragic..