What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

SGMax

Juniors
Very funny in the post match interview with Flanno saying "Jack can fail a test" suggesting he would find a way to fail any test whether HIA related or not.
I can see how Jacks responses would be interpreted as being influenced by HIA after effects.
Lets hope they don't re-test to give him the all clear to play again.
We need Bird in the team to keep Lomax in his best position.
Will be interesting how it all goes this round.

Very funny in the post match interview with Flanno saying "Jack can fail a test" suggesting he would find a way to fail any test whether HIA related or not.
I can see how Jacks responses would be interpreted as being influenced by HIA after effects.
Lets hope they don't re-test to give him the all clear to play again.
We need Bird in the team to keep Lomax in his best position.
Will be interesting how it all goes this round.
Yes, that was funny as hell. Bird is hilarious.

I think it should be a different protocol with Bird. If he gets any answers right, they know he must be concussed.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see this an optimal career move for Zac.

I think SGI is on the up for different reasons. The eels should be going a lot better.

I might even put a tenner on a SGI top 8 finish at $6.00. Real odds are $8.50, so a bit short, so there’s some hope out there somewhere.

And $1.01 to miss the top 8. Bizarre.

As a warning to youths, I’ve met people who went bankrupt gambling. Life destroyed, pull up.

Dragon David

First Grade
I find it interesting at how Parramatta have been able to go ahead and sign Zac in a virtual 'no contest' from any other club, especially given that the Roosters are losing Manu & Suali'i at the end of the season.
Yes, very interesting indeed matPORTS. The usual thing when a player is free to leave is that the manager of that player uses his best endeavours to obtain a better deal for his client and in many cases, that player becomes the centre of a "tug-of-war" with several clubs pulling this way and that way to sign the bugger. Not in Zac's case and his manager has surely had someone directly come to him to say, we want him if he can be released and here is the deal.

A deal and offer that the Manager could not refuse I guess because he has gone to the Eels who think that they have bought the best player on the market that would bring them greatness for years to come. There was no other club showing any interest such is the little demand for Lomax. We did not even put up a big fight to keep him and refused his wish to leave but such was his persistence the club agreed to let him go on the basis that he continue playing with the club until the end of the season. In this case, why has the Dragons even agreed with this arrangement - do they see him helping us make the semis and if the club makes it then what's the go with that? I just don't understand it. If Lomax said that he doesn't want to be at the Dragons then why in blazes is he still at the Dragons? Crazy???

Yes, very interesting indeed matPORTS. The usual thing when a player is free to leave is that the manager of that player uses his best endeavours to obtain a better deal for his client and in many cases, that player becomes the centre of a "tug-of-war" with several clubs pulling this way and that way to sign the bugger. Not in Zac's case and his manager has surely had someone directly come to him to say, we want him if he can be released and here is the deal.

A deal and offer that the Manager could not refuse I guess because he has gone to the Eels who think that they have bought the best player on the market that would bring them greatness for years to come. There was no other club showing any interest such is the little demand for Lomax. We did not even put up a big fight to keep him and refused his wish to leave but such was his persistence the club agreed to let him go on the basis that he continue playing with the club until the end of the season. In this case, why has the Dragons even agreed with this arrangement - do they see him helping us make the semis and if the club makes it then what's the go with that? I just don't understand it. If Lomax said that he doesn't want to be at the Dragons then why in blazes is he still at the Dragons? Crazy???
I think there was a fight at the start but it became clear he wasn’t going to stand down.

And for team unity, cohesion and command reasons, you shot him.

I was also thinking, if you let him choose his position and boxing and then other players see this and try to turn it on and it could get pretty messy.

Zac should have realised, Flanno and the club, they can’t be seen as being weak to the players as well.

All these other demands might turn up and you’ve got bulk unhappiness.

Players are very emotional, strong sense of justice about their careers.

And the side is going OK under Flanno.

No one wants that momentum to slide away.

saint-stefano

Juniors

same can be said with ben c.... if he dont wont to be at the dragons why is he still there .... unless he got his wish and got rid of lomax

Dragon David

First Grade
Foxsports News says -

"Eels recruit Zac Lomax has a huge opportunity to prove to his new club why they’ve signed him on a four-year deal after being shifted to the centres."

Aah, sorry, what a stupid thing to say. Zac has only been on the wing this year - a total of 8 games (2 trials and 6 comp games). He has spent most of his NRL time playing in the centres. If he wanted to prove to the new club why they have signed him as a centre, they just need to look at his highlights reels which overall has been unremarkable as far as I am concerned.

...the club agreed to let him go on the basis that he continue playing with the club until the end of the season. In this case, why has the Dragons even agreed with this arrangement - do they see him helping us make the semis and if the club makes it then what's the go with that? I just don't understand it. If Lomax said that he doesn't want to be at the Dragons then why in blazes is he still at the Dragons? Crazy???
This is why Flanno's claim that he doesn't want players who don't want to be here cannot be taken seriously. Lomax is here now (whether or not he wants to be) because Lomax is a good player and Flanno can't do what he would like to do with the Lomax money yet. On the other hand, Flanno knows or anticipates that he can do something with that money next year. That's why Lomax is gone next year.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Foxsports News says -

"Eels recruit Zac Lomax has a huge opportunity to prove to his new club why they’ve signed him on a four-year deal after being shifted to the centres."

Aah, sorry, what a stupid thing to say. Zac has only been on the wing this year - a total of 8 games (2 trials and 6 comp games). He has spent most of his NRL time playing in the centres. If he wanted to prove to the new club why they have signed him as a centre, they just need to look at his highlights reels which overall has been unremarkable as far as I am concerned.

I'm coming to terms with this. He doesn't want to be here. Fine. We get a shit load of money to play with. Good. We get an opportunity to find a real speedster. Great. Hell, I'm I even happy he's off to Parra, rather than the teams I hate. Best.
I don't see Parra winning anything sooner with him than without.
In Flanno I trust.

Foxsports News says -

Yep.

And the fact that he’s got nothing to prove to the eels, because they’ve already taken the bait and signed him.

Seems that Zac isn’t going to elaborate on the reasons why he’s leaving, we will have to wait for his official autobiography after he’s crowned boxing champion of the world.

That’s his dream isn’t it?!

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Yep.

And the fact that he’s got nothing to prove to the eels, because they’ve already taken the bait and signed him.

Seems that Zac isn’t going to elaborate on the reasons why he’s leaving, we will have to wait for his official autobiography after he’s crowned boxing champion of the world.

That’s his dream isn’t it?!
Who knows? We'll never know. My gut feel, nothing more, is that Bunt exerts a lot of influence.

TheRev

First Grade
I think if the Eels could come up with a suitable player swap that we would let Zac go early too.. if it was in our longterm interests.. because its certainly not in our short-term interests.. we need him.

But unless Parra are going to offer us 2 players.. there is really no way for them to get that sort of equivalent value.. and they arent going to leave themselves short for 2024 in other positions either.. otherwise whats the point of getting Lomax early...

Parko1310

Juniors
I think if the Eels could come up with a suitable player swap that we would let Zac go early too.. if it was in our longterm interests.. because its certainly not in our short-term interests.. we need him.

But unless Parra are going to offer us 2 players.. there is really no way for them to get that sort of equivalent value.. and they arent going to leave themselves short for 2024 in other positions either.. otherwise whats the point of getting Lomax early...
I think the only player they might give us would be Matterson which is not at all adequate. Bad attitude, can be solid but never a world beater, and struggles defensively quite a lot. The only players we'd consider taking, I don't think there's any way they'd be willing to give us, so I don't see Zac going early

I think the only player they might give us would be Matterson which is not at all adequate. Bad attitude, can be solid but never a world beater, and struggles defensively quite a lot. The only players we'd consider taking, I don't think there's any way they'd be willing to give us, so I don't see Zac going early
Junior Paulo and Blaize Talagi will be players at the top of Flanagan's list if the Eels do want Lonax for say the 2nd half of the season.
If we are going to give up a player who is in the prime of his career, the Eels will need to cough up big time.

Latest posts