What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Steve Morris went from premiership winning halfback to a winger, at a time when wingers were not valued highly. no whinges, just wanted to be in the red V. Hornby went from fb to halfback, as Boyd was a great fullback. Just wanted to help the red V. Neither raised a yelp, both made the best of it. Lomax has seemingly sulked all the way to be now an elite winger and i havent yet heard a whisper from him or anyone that Flanagan may just be a good judge and everyone else, including me, was way off.

maestro1

Bench
It sounds like there was a massive communication breakdown with Zac and Hook and Zac must have decided he wanted out and nothing was changing his mind. There was talk that initially, Flanno tried to convince Zac to stay, but Zac kept asking for a release. We'll probably never know the truth, but blaming Flanno is easy for the Flanno haters who have been Flanno bashing even before a ball was kicked in season 2024.

Old Timer

Coach
It sounds like there was a massive communication breakdown with Zac and Hook and Zac must have decided he wanted out and nothing was changing his mind. There was talk that initially, Flanno tried to convince Zac to stay, but Zac kept asking for a release. We'll probably never know the truth, but blaming Flanno is easy for the Flanno haters who have been Flanno bashing even before a ball was kicked in season 2024.
Moreover the people that hate any player ever leaving our club like to portray all sorts of false narratives as to why they might be leaving and there are plenty in this place that will turn on a player very quickly if there is any suggestion he is leaving.

Quality players like B Moz, Mike Cooper, Widdop and others were called sooks etc but all obviously had good reasons for wanting out but that didn't stop the vile spew that emanates from some in this place.

Lomax has his reasons and has remained professional in all respects and should be respected for that.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So true Old Timer. Zac I am sure has his reasons and you got to hand it to him, he has handled it well and played great footy.

Blaming Flanno is a bit rich as Zac wanted out before he joined. He had the issues with Hook which Flanno unfortunately inherited. Flanno could not change his mind to stay and the rest is history.

Has anyone ever thought Parra is the bigger blame of all as he had 2 years to go and the fact they showed interest just made it a bigger issue? They should not have even talked to him. The Manager screwed Lomax over more than anything for letting it happen and simply not telling Lomax to give it a year under Flanno the new coach and then see how you feel. I am sure if he waited a year before talking to Parra he would have remained a Dragon.

Dragon David

First Grade
So true Old Timer. Zac I am sure has his reasons and you got to hand it to him, he has handled it well and played great footy.

Blaming Flanno is a bit rich as Zac wanted out before he joined. He had the issues with Hook which Flanno unfortunately inherited. Flanno could not change his mind to stay and the rest is history.

Has anyone ever thought Parra is the bigger blame of all as he had 2 years to go and the fact they showed interest just made it a bigger issue? They should not have even talked to him. The Manager screwed Lomax over more than anything for letting it happen and simply not telling Lomax to give it a year under Flanno the new coach and then see how you feel. I am sure if he waited a year before talking to Parra he would have remained a Dragon.
Yeah to me the whole issue just really got out of hand and there was just no way that Lomax was going to withdraw from his desire to leave. It should have been nipped in the bud ages ago once the problem started. The club's management/administration have probably not given one thought about it and maybe not caring one bit.

Zac wanting to leave and agreeing to get paid less at the Eels to me indicates that the issue hurt him greatly. I wonder what affect him going will have on other players at the club and players from other clubs being talked to join us. The question - what is this club all about?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Moreover the people that hate any player ever leaving our club like to portray all sorts of false narratives as to why they might be leaving and there are plenty in this place that will turn on a player very quickly if there is any suggestion he is leaving.

Quality players like B Moz, Mike Cooper, Widdop and others were called sooks etc but all obviously had good reasons for wanting out but that didn't stop the vile spew that emanates from some in this place.

Lomax has his reasons and has remained professional in all respects and should be respected for that.
Good post OT. Mike Cooper in particular. Got bashed on here but he was 100% right with all his comments about the club.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Yeah to me the whole issue just really got out of hand and there was just no way that Lomax was going to withdraw from his desire to leave. It should have been nipped in the bud ages ago once the problem started. The club's management/administration have probably not given one thought about it and maybe not caring one bit.

Zac wanting to leave and agreeing to get paid less at the Eels to me indicates that the issue hurt him greatly. I wonder what affect him going will have on other players at the club and players from other clubs being talked to join us. The question - what is this club all about?

The club has been a basket case for a while & we're still dealing with the fallout. I can't blame Lomax leaving as a result of it but hope under Flanno we prevent this in the future.

Mojo

Bench
Nah, Mike Cooper, prop that came over to us from England about a decade ago who no one heard of but ended up going alright for a few years. Ended up going back to the Super League and I think still playing even now

He talked a bit how the club is living in the 50s and 60s and need to move on
Ok. Thanks.

Latest posts