What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

The other elephant in the room with flavour of the month "Madge" is that he quickly lost 2 playing groups in a row and became toxic. One at a premiership winning team and one at the wooden spooners. So both ends of the spectrum.
Not an character trait I'd want in my so called "best ever coach".
Amused to see OT backs the guy who had finally played 1 good consistent season in his 7th year of NRL. And that season just happened to coincide with a selection masterstroke by his new NRL coach after giving him some cold hard truths....
Touché Mark 2.

Old Timer

Coach
Of course you would say that as a Flanno blamer hater..the blame and hate morphs itself in all shape and forms
Big statement by you
"not one player trained harder", more professionally, more dedicated last 5 years?. You know this how?
But Zac is entitled to his opinion.., as am I watching him for 7 years where he played the previous 6 as an individual not whats best for the team
But his words not mine..think about it
"Best coach.. hands down.. I have ever had". What you know after 3 origin camps where this more scrutiny, more $$ thrown at it and more at stake.
All that would have creedence if he went through an off season and played under Madge for 1 whole year
Why is it under this coach you love to hate that his form and abilities stood out to be picked for NSW
I hope they ask Zac the same question after the International series and same time next year?
He would of spent more time in camp with both
But carry on OT..Zac is right Flanno is a dud
FMD you go off like fire cracker on Guy Fawkes night.

Wake up to yourself my post was not bagging S F in any fashion whatsoever.

I merely pointed out that Lomax is entitled to his position and opinion.

You very conveniently left out the bit where I said “someone of Lomax’s personality type” which indicates that “he” thinks / sees things differently to others.

You narrow the view to 1 year being Flanagan but conveniently leave out Hook & Mc Fookknuckke who pandered to all sorts of no hopper bums who gave very little.

If you think that Leilua & Lawrey were professional in their approach to fitness levels this year then you really are oblivious to the facts.

Lomax is not everybody’s cup of tea and there are a wide range of differing views about his ability or lack there of but there is no doubt he was always invested and professional in all aspects of his training and preparation for a game.

He has been recognised by many players and commentators as the fittest player in the game and one of the strongest and it’s a pity that some of his team mates didn’t have the same attitude over the last 5 or so years including this one.

By the way you keep banging on about Hunt and fail to see how f**king lazy and disinterested he can be at club level. All the coaches has had in his time at the club have allowed him to be bog ordinary without consequence and don’t give me the but where S F called him out at the end of the season it should have been done long before that.

Anyway keep up your defence of all things S F by misconstruing what I have said in relation to a players perspective.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Ok, so Lomax goes for the hero plays at times, and makes some mistakes. That’s followed by dickhead comments at times.
BUT
He always tried to win, he took it all on his shoulders at times, and was an absolute competitor for us. Even once he had been pushed to the wing, and even after he had signed the contract with the eels, he didn’t stop putting in with 100% effort. How did we loose him? Why wasn’t he coached better, developed better?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don't think anyone will disagree that Lomax always gave 100%, but i think the most disappointing thing is he never reached his full potential that most supporters thought he would achieve, i think we all thought he was our next MGasnier, well atleast i did at the time, never eventuated, as far as i'm concerned he has left us now and i don't care how he performs at Parra, all i hope is when he plays us, he has a shit game like i hope all our opponents do..

Illusion

Bench
Ok, so Lomax goes for the hero plays at times, and makes some mistakes. That’s followed by dickhead comments at times.
BUT
He always tried to win, he took it all on his shoulders at times, and was an absolute competitor for us. Even once he had been pushed to the wing, and even after he had signed the contract with the eels, he didn’t stop putting in with 100% effort. How did we loose him? Why wasn’t he coached better, developed better?
If the rest of the team competed like him we would have been playing finals footy .......

possm

Coach
He's been coached in 3 meaningless exhibition games by "Madge" and he's the best coach he's ever had?
Sounds like all you have to do is blow smoke up Zac's ass for 3 weeks and you'll get his favourite coach award.

Had also decided before the season started he was leaving. Yeah don't let that door hit you on the way out Zac.
Yes, it seems to me that Lomax and the Eels should not have been able to talk turkey until Nov 1 2025 and Lomax not released until the end of the 2026 season

possm

Coach
What is it with the Dragons and their wingers:
B Morris - the best in the competition let go early
Saab - the quickest player in the NRL let go early
Zack Lomax - the current SOO winger let go early

since77

Juniors
How did we loose him? Why wasn’t he coached better, developed better?
People seem to forget Lomax asked for a release 6 times over the last few years. Issues related to not being allowed to box (I applaud the club for their stance on this) and him really not liking being told when he's not performing to expected standards. In past years I've been one of Zac's biggest defenders but he has literally never lived up to his potential prior to 2024. Some of this can be put down to the inept coaching of McGregor & Griffin but Zac has to own his 5 -6 year run of poor / inconsistent form too.

People also tend to miss that the first time in his career that he had an actual NRL quality coach he finally began to shine and realise his potential. The fact that Zac hasn't once credited Flanno for this at any time this season is either ignorant or shameful depending on your point of view.

How did we lose him? Zac was thinking all about Zac and wanted out. Simples.

Anyway, he's gone now - we've replaced him with a better, faster centre and a better goal kicker and a player with premiership winning experience. Zac on the other hand needs to go out next year under an L plate coach and prove he can perform 2 years in a row. Let's see if he can.

Anyway, he's gone now - we've replaced him with a better, faster centre and a better goal kicker and a player with premiership winning experience. Zac on the other hand needs to go out next year under an L plate coach and prove he can perform 2 years in a row. Let's see if he can.
Spot on 77. Why are we still arguing about the bloke? He didn’t want to stay, gone elsewhere and we have replaced him with a better player. He’s an Eel now, we shouldn’t be even talking about him. Good luck to him. Time to move on.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I am of the opinion that Zac did some good things when he was a Dragon, so thank you Zac, but he is an Eel now so ...... see ya later Zac. Who is the DRAGON'S winger who will replace him? He will be the one who has my support!

Latest posts