What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb goneeee

Silent Knight

First Grade
8. Kade snowden
9. Danny buderus
10. Justin poore
11. Beau scott
12. Greg bird
13. Chris houston

14. Albert kelly
15. Neville costigan
16. Willie mason
17. Dane laurie

is much more likely imo. Kelly and laurie were unreal in nsw cup - they'll be impossible to ignore if they keep up that form.

wtttttffffff!!!!
-edit: I just read the rumoured targets thread.

Nonetheless...wtttttffffff!!!!

Last edited:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Russell Packer is the man we should be after.

At the Warriors he's among a lot of quality props - Ben Matulino, Sam Rapira, Jacob Lillyman, Siono Lousi, Ukuma Ta'ai, etc. I'd say if we put a decent offer on the table, the Warriors wouldn't try and push too hard for him.

perverse

Referee
Packer is often quite lazy. big unit, though... and when he puts in he's a force. a lot of untapped potential in that lad imo.

perverse

Referee
i haven't taken much notice of Smithys no-name bench this year. probably should, if there's one thing Smithy gets right from time to time - it's unearthing a diamond from the rough.

Johns Magic

Referee
I quite like Lama Tasi from the roosters

The exact type of player Bennett traditionally steers away from.

He has underperformed a bit this year in my opinion, not sure he'll kick on in first-grade as expected.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Bennett signing big islanders for his pack. Yeh... won't happen.

Also why do people refer to Russell Packer as having size? He is probably in the smallest 10% of NRL props. Tops the scales around 102kg. The average NRL prop is around 106kg. Sometimes i wonder if people even watch the warriors or just assume they are all 110kg and above.

Looks like the gamble with JWH might have backfired a little if big Sam is off the market. He is getting better every week Kasiano. Looks mighty unfit though.

Nuffy

Bench
Good luck to zeb, he exceeded expectations whilst he was here and that's a plus.

If he's gone then let's hope we can add Bird.

We still need a prop or two.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bennett signing big islanders for his pack. Yeh... won't happen.

Also why do people refer to Russell Packer as having size? He is probably in the smallest 10% of NRL props. Tops the scales around 102kg. The average NRL prop is around 106kg. Sometimes i wonder if people even watch the warriors or just assume they are all 110kg and above.

Where did you get 102kg from?

RABK

Referee
I remember seeing it in a pre season profile from last year, he doesn't look like he has put on any weight over the last 12 months and he doesn't look bigger than Matulino who is around 106kg. But i just checked wikipedia and his warriors profile. Wiki says 103kg, Warriors.nz says 112kg.

My bad. If he is 112kg he doesn't look it. Looks smaller than Matulino or perhaps that's because Matulino is twice the player. True story - we signed Matulino in 2006 but he backed out to sign with the Warriors.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yep we had Matulino on scholarship for a while, will be one who got away.
Packer is a different build to Matulino but there is no way he's the same size as someone like Daniel Vidot who's 187 and 100 odd kg. Matulino is tall and rangy, Packer is more thickset

Burwood

Bench
I remember seeing it in a pre season profile from last year, he doesn't look like he has put on any weight over the last 12 months and he doesn't look bigger than Matulino who is around 106kg. But i just checked wikipedia and his warriors profile. Wiki says 103kg, Warriors.nz says 112kg.

You can look at a player and tell if they are 102kg or 106kg? :shock: I look at Matt Parsons and struggle to tell if he was bigger than Rustin Ryder.

Serc

First Grade
i think a lot of Stone haters have to start giving credit where it was due, too. he got a lot more out of a roster that looked a lot less. i've had to defend the poor bloke tooth and nail around here, but the way this year is going really only reaffirms what i already believe regarding Stone - that's he's good. he was able to polish an absolute turd up quite a bit.

Yup, he has performed decently (at worst) at all levels so far.

Just on defence and how the first graders are 4th in points conceded this year...guess who is 2nd in NYC for the same stat? (and only by 3 points to the leader) - our boys :D

Latest posts