What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZERO raiders make the tri nations train on squad

Juniors
i am highly suprised actually, even souths snuck a player in, i thought tounge was a sure thing, and despite schif leaving, he deserved a go, are u raiders fans all that suprised or is it business as usual?

Raider_69

Post Whore
not surprised at all, the selectors dont care about anyone in lime green,
pissed off and dissappointed for Alan Tongue who should have been there, but not in the least bit surprised

How Nathan Merrit is picked ahead of Adam mogg on the wing, who hd a blinder of an origin series is beyond me.

And how Waterhouse is picked ahead of Tongue is a joke.

D

Deleted member 10972

Players i HIGHLY rate from Raiders that will be there in 2007:

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (injured)
Alan Tongue
Todd Carney
Phil Graham
Troy Thompson

I'm surprised none of them got into the squad (Lahrs has an excuse though), all quality players.

Juniors
thompson?
graham?

boys lets not get too excited here, i thought tounge deserved a spot, but please, the day graham knocks gaz or inglis or hodges out of a centre spot and the day thommo knocks o'meley, bailey or civenociva, calm down fellas

1999 said:
thompson?
graham?

boys lets not get too excited here, i thought tounge deserved a spot, but please, the day graham knocks gaz or inglis or hodges out of a centre spot and the day thommo knocks o'meley, bailey or civenociva, calm down fellas

I agree, no way Graham or Thommo deserve a spot this year. But how Mogg, Shif and Tongue missed out is an absolute disgrace

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Schif was never going to make it...he's going to the dark side.
Beat me to it.

As for the rest, I think only Tongue and Mogg are realistic shots at such a level (being train on, that is). You have to be very, very good to make a test side, and as good as these 2 are, they are not quite what a test jumper requires, imo.

Raider_69

Post Whore
but titties, what about for the PM's team?
stapleton, merritt, waterhouse and hayne arnt Test quality players either but they are named

The Horse

Juniors
Phil has come on leaps and bounds this year granted he' not close to gas or inglis but his defence has improved alot and if he gets involved more he could easily make a rep team in the near future

Timbo

Staff member
Schif missed out because of Union. There's an outside chance of him lining up for QLD in an APC game before the year is out.

Mogg missed out because he's going to England.

I think Tongue and Carney should've been picked though.

Chachi

Bench
Surely nobody honestly expected we'd get anyone even near the squad.

IMO Mogg wouldn't have made it even if he wasn't going to ESL. His great mid-season form really dropped at the business end of the season.

Edwahu

Bench
The thing that pisses me off is hearing people calling Tongue a "honest toiler" and nothing but a tackler. He is way more then that and one of the more skilled backrowers in the comp.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
but titties, what about for the PM's team?
stapleton, merritt, waterhouse and hayne arnt Test quality players either but they are named
I agree with you to the extent that Tongue is better than those players. However, I think his size is probably what holds him back. I think Tongue could (and probably would but am not sure) absolutely carve it up in a rep side with his excellent work rate and support play, but unfortunately the selectors do not see it that way. I really don't know how Waterhouse made it other than history - his form hasn't exactly set the world on fire!

To be honest, I think that the Sydney media plays its part as does the fact that the Raiders got knocked out first game of the finals. Also hurting his prospects, I feel, was that he missed out in the Dally M awards completely.

Latest posts