What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bachelor 'How To' Thread

afinalsin666

First Grade
Kilo of mince for $5, packet of taco seasoning for 1.50, Coles dollar bread, cheap processed cheese, and a sandwich press. Food for days. Get a couple lettuces and tomatoes and your set.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Kilo of mince for $5, packet of taco seasoning for 1.50, Coles dollar bread, cheap processed cheese, and a sandwich press. Food for days. Get a couple lettuces and tomatoes and your set.

That doesn't sound too bad, actually. I do a pretty mean black bean and lentil burrito filling that makes heaps and is great reheated with or without tortillas too.

Still trying to sell my Mum on batch cooking stuff, freezing it, and driving it over once a week. It's only a two hour drive. She's so lazy! :sarcasm::lol:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Kilo of mince
An onion
A cup of rice
5 cups water
A couple handfuls of stripped cabbage
Pack of chicken noodle soup
Soy sauce
Curry powder

Brown the mince and onion, chuck in chicken noodle soup, some curry powder, and soy sauce until it tastes good. Then add the rice, cabbage, and water, and simmer for half an hour. Bam, Nan's chop suey.

The recipe scales well, and will freeze pretty good.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Best advice honestly is to get a slow cooker. Tons of recipes online, and it makes bulk so it's easy to spread one cook around.

Or store bags with your ingredients in a bag in the freezer, then you wake up, take a bag out of the freezer and empty straight into the cooker on low, go to class, then come home to food, with the tenderest of tender meat.

I would do this except o am too lazy to organize it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh man, maybe I should consider getting a slow cooker.

I haven't had chop suey in forever, and your recipe made me want it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm bumping this to implore my fellow FFBers to share their bachelor cooking tips. I'm gonna need 'em.

you'd be better off cooking a married man instead.. their meat has a wagyu marble score of at least 9...

afinalsin666

First Grade
Here's an idea. Make beer.

Wouldn't be much more than 100 bucks to get started, with a big pot and a couple fermenters and sanitizer, probably cheaper on Gumtree, and a smash (single malt and single hop) recipe isn't too pricey, around 25 bucks for a 19 litre batch. Get a batch a week going, and by the end of the month you'll be rolling in beer.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Here's an idea. Make beer.

Wouldn't be much more than 100 bucks to get started, with a big pot and a couple fermenters and sanitizer, probably cheaper on Gumtree, and a smash (single malt and single hop) recipe isn't too pricey, around 25 bucks for a 19 litre batch. Get a batch a week going, and by the end of the month you'll be rolling in beer.

I'm hoping to get into that once I move into my own place. Won't be possible while using on campus accommodation, sadly.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm bumping this to implore my fellow FFBers to share their bachelor cooking tips. I'm gonna need 'em.

*Jasmine Rice serving (preferably microwavable from Coles).
*Thai style noodles (also from Coles)
*Laksa cuppa soup (yep - Coles).

Basically, heat the Jasmine rice up in the Microwave, then mash it into a bed-of-rice on a deep-dish plate or bowl.
Add boiling water to the noodles. Drain the water when ready, then put the noodles on the rice.
Add boiling water to the Laksa cuppa soul, then pour the contents on the rice and noodles.

Bang... for under $10 you've got yourself a filling Thai meal.

Nice and easy!

Latest posts