What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Cowboys

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stop lying R20 I judge players on how they perform week to week, I've told you before I rated Goodwin highly in the first few rounds even had him in my top 3 list, so please no need for bullshit comments because your dead wrong about my views on Goodwin understand?

That was a one off though.

It trust Southsports ability.

I know you don't like Bryson just like he knows too.

souths_pride

Juniors
When Souths won the comp in 2014 Goodwin was not part of the team in the run to the finals and during the finals. He is not a top 17 NRL player and never has been. He is a handy backup for injuries and suspensions. The less games of NRL he plays during a season the better off the team is. Souths should have released him to the Titans when they had the chance
And who would we play instead? You can't have a squad full of superstars 1-17 as the salary cap doesn't allow it. Basically you need to have a few squad players in there - solid first graders who can do a job. Sterlo was talking about that tonight during the commentary and Goodwin fits that description. You can replace him all you want but its not going to see us improve as he is not the reason why we are losing. I'd be dropping Auva'a before I'd drop Goodwin.

Southno1

Juniors
We need to try something, the same thing has been going on for too long, next week put Greg Inglis at 5/8. He covers less ground, doesn't have to hit up the ball from the back and at 5/8 he will get his hand on the ball more. I dunno why eveyone is saying 5/8 is more demanding than fullback, why did Darren Lockyer switch from fullback to 5/8 later on in his career then. Keary isn't giving him any balls in good area, time to make Inglis first reciver and see what he can do.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So goodwin can fumble and bumble his way through the worst performance of any Souths player this year and it's ok, but Hymel Hunt can't dare to talk to an opposing player after the game and be polite and smile. Maybe they are old friends who don't get to catch up often, maybe they're were opponents talking about an incident in the game, maybe the Cowboys player made a joke and Hunt couldn't help but laugh. Your really stretching it on the blame game as you can probably sense that your golden boy goodwin surely has to be on the chopping block for next week

Don't cover it up Diego.

Blimey me shadow. Hunt shouldn't be smiling. He should be distraught.

Goodwin will be there next week.

You just argue with everything I say.

At times Diego I agree with your posts and say well said. I complimented you the other night Diego as shadow knows too.

You never compliment me though. You've got in for me and ganged up on me on the main NRL forum with all the Souths haters.

I try really hard to respect you Diego but you don't try hard respecting me.

Rsag85

Bench
That was a one off though.

It trust Southsports ability.

I know you don't like Bryson just like he knows too.

Well Southsport might know me from other sites but he doesn't know how I judge the team or the players performances as I said I had Goodwin in my top 3 in the first few rounds if I disliked him then I wouldn't of done that also If I disliked him that much I would call him a dud or in the dud list as shadow likes to call it. I haven't as I judge him and others from week to week sometimes he has good games and I would say he played good and sometimes like tonight he is terrible and I would say it. So please again don't believe everything you hear and don't make bullshit comments like that because they are false.

Rabbits20

Immortal
it won't be good news if we continue playing like this! :shock:

Correct.

Rsag and Diego are just blaming Bryson pretty much. Ok he had a bad game. But so did Auva'a, Hunt and GI. Gray was our best back but let's blame Bryson for it all.

Geez I'm fired up!!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can understand if you don't rate Goodwin but you need to accept that there are others who are far more accountable for tonight's debacle; wingers don't win or lose you games of footy. If I were you, I'd be directing my anger at McInnes, the Burgess twins, Keary or Tyrell - those players all have a bigger bearing on results than Bryson Goodwin.

Well said.

souths_pride

Juniors
We need to try something, the same thing has been going on for too long, next week put Greg Inglis at 5/8. He covers less ground, doesn't have to hit up the ball from the back and at 5/8 he will get his hand on the ball more. I dunno why eveyone is saying 5/8 is more demanding than fullback, why did Darren Lockyer switch from fullback to 5/8 later on in his career then. Keary isn't giving him any balls in good area, time to make Inglis first reciver and see what he can do.
Playing him at five-eight would have its advantages in that it would allow him to get his hands on the football more, which is just not happening at the moment. Ideally you want him at fullback though and getting the ball at second receiver in a position where he can threaten the line. As I said earlier, that is the job of the halves. In saying that, the reason why playing at five-eight is more demanding is the defensive duties that come with it. Unlike fullback, playing at five-eight involves defending up in the line, which means making 12-25 tackles a game depending on how much traffic comes your way; at fullback he would only have to make 5-7 tackles a game, which is less tiring.