What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Cowboys

DiegoNT

First Grade
But Goodwin is the big problem says Diego:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Alien you're spot on.

He is A problem
I've also said our forwards, especially the twins have been a problem.

At the very least goodwin is a fixable problem once aj is fit, if hopefully hunt is suspended for to long. How we fix our forwards i don't know

Rsag85

Bench
He is A problem
I've also said our forwards, especially the twins have been a problem.

At the very least goodwin is a fixable problem once aj is fit, if hopefully hunt is suspended for to long. How we fix our forwards i don't know

Auva'a was a problem for us as well tonight

DiegoNT

First Grade
Auva'a was a problem for us as well tonight

Gotta fix one problem at a time. If we had 2 decent outside backs to put it then auva'a might get the flick. There might be an option for gray to go centre with aj and oldfield on the wings, but I'd prefer gray stay on the wing as he is killing it their. But out of auva'a and goodwin i think goodwin has to go 1st

Southno1

Juniors
Playing him at five-eight would have its advantages in that it would allow him to get his hands on the football more, which is just not happening at the moment. Ideally you want him at fullback though and getting the ball at second receiver in a position where he can threaten the line. As I said earlier, that is the job of the halves. In saying that, the reason why playing at five-eight is more demanding is the defensive duties that come with it. Unlike fullback, playing at five-eight involves defending up in the line, which means making 12-25 tackles a game depending on how much traffic comes your way; at fullback he would only have to make 5-7 tackles a game, which is less tiring.

I don't think a few extra tackling will take much of a toll on a professional rugby league player. He isn't getting service and once Inglis gets the ball at second reciver he is already tightly mark with no room to move. He needs to be first reciver

Rsag85

Bench
Gotta fix one problem at a time. If we had 2 decent outside backs to put it then auva'a might get the flick. There might be an option for gray to go centre with aj and oldfield on the wings, but I'd prefer gray stay on the wing as he is killing it their. But out of auva'a and goodwin i think goodwin has to go 1st

I like that idea of Gray in the centres

alien

Referee
actually all my family are in stiches r20 after that last cam comment

shadow_family_by_oblivionxx.jpg

alien

Referee
next week put Greg Inglis at 5/8. He covers less ground, doesn't have to hit up the ball from the back and at 5/8 he will get his hand on the ball more. I dunno why eveyone is saying 5/8 is more demanding than fullback, why did Darren Lockyer switch from fullback to 5/8 later on in his career then.

to get his hands on the ball more?

alien

Referee
Playing him at five-eight would have its advantages in that it would allow him to get his hands on the football more, which is just not happening at the moment. Ideally you want him at fullback though and getting the ball at second receiver in a position where he can threaten the line. As I said earlier, that is the job of the halves. In saying that, the reason why playing at five-eight is more demanding is the defensive duties that come with it. Unlike fullback, playing at five-eight involves defending up in the line, which means making 12-25 tackles a game depending on how much traffic comes your way; at fullback he would only have to make 5-7 tackles a game, which is less tiring.

i think gi could actually go well at five eighth. i think he would straighten up the attack and draw in defenders. oldfield can play fullback, or maybe they would try cody. i definitely don't want aj at fullback when he returns - he should stay on the wing where he is good. the club should actually try and snatch tedesco away from camp concord. he would liven our attack up which is looking a bit stale

alien

Referee
Just look at the way he tackles, never dominate a tackle, once the defender reaches him they gain another 5 metres by leg drive

he is still inconsistent. he looks strong when he has the ball (including good leg drive). i think maybe he needs to stop playing 80 mins, so he will have plenty of energy for defense too

English Rose

Juniors
Sam Burgess, Aaron Gray, Paul Carter and Luke Keary are the only players who looked interested in this game. Adam Reynolds can let off 2 is suppose as he was always going to be a little rusty. The rest of them.........Well!