What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
And if it's a straight contract, say $1000 for a LB you thought was a DL, you can cut him post draft and replace him for a 1k DL without any cap hit?

Long answer: Under the current rules, you would have to wait until the season to cut him as everyone carries 1 year of guaranteed salary until then. However, coincidentally, ab and I discussed this yesterday and if the draft finishes early enough and year and development squad designations get done, we'll relax that rule and run some blind bind and FCFS waivers in the weeks leading up to the season with usual cap hits (ie the bonus amount*years).

Short answer: Yes, contingent on the draft finishing in a timely manner.

nick87

Coach
:D Alright cool
i thought i was going to have to wait for the season proper anyways, so that's fine

nick87

Coach
From memory it starts at 20k for the first over all pick, then goes down 2k every pick there after in round 1. Round 2 and beyond are 1k.

zombie jesus

Staff member
From memory it starts at 20k for the first over all pick, then goes down 2k every pick there after in round 1. Round 2 and beyond are 1k.

That's basically it, although I forgot to change it when we went down to 12 teams, might adjust it a little bit down the track.

Mjp81

Juniors
How does everyone feel about their squads? I think I've built a solid squad but maybe lacking some real star power. Prob a mid table finish in year 1 for the BallZachs.

My favourite purchase - Paul Perkins
Least favourite - prob trading Sanders for Brees.

nick87

Coach
Im really liking my team, thinking i can contend in year 1.
If Dion Lewis and Eddie Lacy have good years, i'm looking pretty good

Favourite purchase: The Wholesome Greg Olsen for 9.5k
Least favourite purchase: Vic Beasley 1k because i thought he was a DL, not LB. Other than that, i probably spent 3-4k more than i was comfortable with for Demaryius Thomas.

zombie jesus

Staff member
To give everyone a chance at getting the players they want at the cheapest price we will be running a one-off nomination period.

You have until Wednesday at 3pm to email or PM me a list of up to 5 players you would like to nominate.
After that time any player that you (and only you) have nominated will be put up for auction in your name at $1000.

Be careful who you put up as only unique selections will get through. If two or more owners nominate the same player, they cancel each other out and that player remains in the draft pool.

My advice would be to stick to those deep sleepers you have been keeping in your back pocket or development squad eligible players (you have two of these slots and they must be rookies on $1000 contracts).

Please send your nominations through ASAP if you want to participate.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Im not sure I understand the purpose?

It's to give everyone a chance to get players on the cheap. For example, development squad players need to be rookies on $1000 contracts. The only way you can get a player with a $1000 contract is by nominating them. Any player can be nominated, not just DS eligible guys.

As we've got a limit on nominations not everyone gets the opportunity to nominate. This is an opportunity for people to get a nomination in without having to be lucky enough to be on the site when an auction ends and hopefully get a few $1000 players on their roster.

100% optional.

Tom155

Coach
To give everyone a chance at getting the players they want at the cheapest price we will be running a one-off nomination period.

You have until Wednesday at 3pm to email or PM me a list of up to 5 players you would like to nominate.
After that time any player that you (and only you) have nominated will be put up for auction in your name at $1000.

Be careful who you put up as only unique selections will get through. If two or more owners nominate the same player, they cancel each other out and that player remains in the draft pool.

My advice would be to stick to those deep sleepers you have been keeping in your back pocket or development squad eligible players (you have three of these slots and they must be rookies on $1000 contracts).

Please send your nominations through ASAP if you want to participate.

In the league rules it says there is only 2 DS spots, which is it?

nick87

Coach
Yeah i thought it was 2 DS spots? Happy to go with 3. Or even 5! haha
I reckon 5 would be fantastic

andrew057

First Grade
It's to give everyone a chance to get players on the cheap. For example, development squad players need to be rookies on $1000 contracts. The only way you can get a player with a $1000 contract is by nominating them. Any player can be nominated, not just DS eligible guys.

As we've got a limit on nominations not everyone gets the opportunity to nominate. This is an opportunity for people to get a nomination in without having to be lucky enough to be on the site when an auction ends and hopefully get a few $1000 players on their roster.

100% optional.

Seems like its rewarding people who have already spent a large chunk of their cap by eliminating any possible bidding.

If you want a rookie for $1000 nominate them on the draft page, simple.

The draft is almost over, there will be no problem nominating a player you want in a few days time.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Seems like its rewarding people who have already spent a large chunk of their cap by eliminating any possible bidding.

If you want a rookie for $1000 nominate them on the draft page, simple.

The draft is almost over, there will be no problem nominating a player you want in a few days time.

This is the point, unless you're on the page when a draft ends you're not going to get a chance to nominate. We want to give people who can only log in once or twice a day a chance to put some names up.

They're not awarded the player immediately, the auction just starts in their name, everyone is free to outbid.

For some perspective of how the nominating system has gone, more than half of the auctions have been started by 2 owners (and I'm not one of them).

nick87

Coach
yeah ive got no problem with that. I've been pretty active on the noms process, and im sure it's given others the shits but ive toned it down now we're down to the bare bones to give others a chance to fill their squad out without having to bid over me to do it.

nick87

Coach
Quick question @zombie jesus - do Development Players contract years count to our 80 quota? I know the 1k doesnt count to the cap, so im thinking we are free to hand those DP players the full 5 year deals without it impacting the 80?

kurt faulk

Coach

just a quick question. if we pick up someone in preseason can they be locked in for more than 1 season?

plus another, if we drop someone this preseason will their contract count towards the cap? seeing this is our 1st attempt and we're still feeling our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.