What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt faulk

Coach

i was just going through my junk email account and saw that the gronks offered a trade to me and i never knew until just now. is there a way to make a notification come up on the mfl site? i won't be seeing any trade offers otherwise until it's way too late.

kurt faulk

Coach
yeah, i just saw that. i don't go there as i have the auction page as my favourite and it goes straight to that.

thanks anyway.

nick87

Coach
Ive been throwing out a few trades. Ive found its easier to send a PM here to parties so they know ive put in an offer. Laughably ive not made one stick yet. And i've been giving some banger deals!! Haha

skeepe

Immortal
I probably would have been better off taking the cap hit from your trade instead of trying to bid up and accidentally winning the Fleener auction. :rolleyes:

nick87

Coach
I probably would have been better off taking the cap hit from your trade instead of trying to bid up and accidentally winning the Fleener auction. :rolleyes:

Haha. Look, ive been there on this draft! Only once thankfully but it's hurt me :D

We're really starting to rip in now, i reckon we'll be all but finished up in another week or so

abpanther

Staff member
By the way for anyone looking for WR help, I've got a very nice quartet of
Mike Evans
Alshon Jeffery
Kelvin Benjamin
John Brown

I'm very happy with this group but happy to entertain offers if anyone is keen

kurt faulk

Coach

Is there any way to get rid of the Richard Rogers bid. I clicked on the wrong guy. Unless of course someone will bid for him. But i don't want to end up with him.

kurt faulk

Coach

You know what, it's gonna be Freakin hard to determine the contact lengths. Especially since all of us took the bonus for pretty much every player on our team.

So just one question. If you give a player a 1 year contract with a bonus and cut him during the year does the bonus stay on your cap or does it go away? Example, 1k player, 200 dollar bonus. If you drop him does your cap increase by 1k or 800?

zombie jesus

Staff member

You know what, it's gonna be Freakin hard to determine the contact lengths. Especially since all of us took the bonus for pretty much every player on our team.

So just one question. If you give a player a 1 year contract with a bonus and cut him during the year does the bonus stay on your cap or does it go away? Example, 1k player, 200 dollar bonus. If you drop him does your cap increase by 1k or 800?

During season the penalty is split 20/80.

In the $1000 case you'd have a $200 cap hit, $40 (20%) would stay on this year's cap and $160 (80%) penalty would be carried over to your 2017 cap.

kurt faulk

Coach

Ok, thanks. We'll have to leave some cash in the kitty because we all know there will be much better idp players showing up than the ones we drafted.

zombie jesus

Staff member
An extra note if anybody has missed it. Players picked up during the season are limited to one year contracts, whether they're won through blind bidding or first come, first serve waivers.

nick87

Coach
And if it's a straight contract, say $1000 for a LB you thought was a DL, you can cut him post draft and replace him for a 1k DL without any cap hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.