What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
If Pritchard can remain fit ( which isn't likely but we can hope), we won't need a better hooker. The kid can play and is good enough to be our starting hooker next year.

Just needs to remain fit!'

Sadly he seems a tad too brittle for NRL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Prichard has shown he is nippy from dummy half after 30mins but i don't think his service is that great or he has the vision to lead a team around the park. Benchie at best IMO.

84 Baby

Referee
If backups are in demand elsewhere there's no guarantee you will get them for minimum salary.
Well then let the greedy merkins stink up someone else's cap. If there was one of the club "chasing" said back-up and one team decided $100k wasn't worth it, do you think the "winning" club would be cheering knowing that they're the only team who thinks that player is worth more than minimum?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well then let the greedy merkins stink up someone else's cap. If there was one of the club "chasing" said back-up and one team decided $100k wasn't worth it, do you think the "winning" club would be cheering knowing that they're the only team who thinks that player is worth more than minimum?
You're missing the point mate - not all backups are equal. Your first choice backup fullback, outside back, half, edge forward and hooker (if they're not already in the top 17) should be better than minimum salary in quality. That probably means they'll have a higher than minimum salary. You'd be very lucky to get hold of eight backups (top 25 minus 17) worthy of the top 25 who are also available for minimum salary. Most of the blokes who will sign for minimum aren't the type of player you want as your first choice backup, especially at positions that play 80 minutes.

Morgan is only a waste of money because we have Gutherson (whom we signed well after Morgan re-signed).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Is he under contract for next year ?

Personally I would rather see a young player get a run as there is no future in Morgs imo

T.S Quint

Coach
If Pritchard can remain fit ( which isn't likely but we can hope), we won't need a better hooker. The kid can play and is good enough to be our starting hooker next year.

Just needs to remain fit!'

When was the last year that Pritchard lasted through the whole season uninjured?
Has he ever done it? Even in the lower grades?
He may have plenty of talent but I wouldn't trust him to stay on the park as our first-choice hooker. A decent bench when fit, but until he plays a full season (or at least only misses a small handful of games) then he will be nothing else.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne's a fullback though. Far less influential than a half. And we have a couple of fullback options already.

But far more important to your second fiddle half. You do not need 2 x million dollar halves.
Brisbane thou have boys- MIlford-Hunt.
Cowboys have coote-Morgan thurston

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is he under contract for next year ?

Personally I would rather see a young player get a run as there is no future in Morgs imo
There is always room for experienced backups if they're better than the alternative. It comes down to whether or not they want to keep earning a backup's salary.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Still on their roster, last I checked. If they have another injury I'm sure Morgan will get another run. That's why they signed him - to be first choice backup centre. Rather than "any alternative".

Like I said already.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Rather him on their roster than ours, he cant tackle, pass of catch a ball, I dont consider him back up at all.

Do not rate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many matches did he cost them? That's the sign of a good backup. Counting how many games a player won is more for top 17 players, and even then plenty of good ones are never the difference between the sides.

Morgan is a quality backup, which is why he still has a career in his late 20s.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Personally I would like to hear less chatter about Hayne being an Eel in the very near future, as personally feel he will not be rejoining Parra, hence a lot if disappointed fans, everyone has an opinion regarding his return but has Hayne given any indication he is coming back ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's definitely sent out the feelers. Unfortunately for him there is no desperate board in place for the fans to relentlessly pressure.