What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Given the body language of McGregor over the last couple of weeks and his determination to caste blame on everyone else, it wouldn't surprise me if a "meeting" took place and McGregor was told to improve the teams performance or face a sacking.
McGregor probably brought up "unfair" dismissal identifying that:
1. we made the 8 last year
2. the opposition score tries from kicks
3. the recruitment staff are to blame
4. it's JD fault
5. the NRL had given us an unfair schedule
etc, etc.

This would explain the lack of response from Doust and Co, and the premise that we cannot afford to pay him out.

If this is the case (and this is written tongue in cheek) then we are a very, very sad club indeed.

"... McGregor is said to be divided between his loyalty and respect for Marshall, and the need to move forward for the betterment of the club’s future."

And therein is the issue.. Unwilling to make decisions for the betterment of the clubs future. Surely a part of his tenure is to improve the clubs position now and into the future.

A simple rule Paul.. Leave the place better than you found it.. At the moment it's a photo finish between him and Price for the biggest disaster.

He hasn't been concerned to date .. So why start now I guess.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/11edd15edb3a4761b4603f674fdd9c9b

Dea

Juniors
Mary has had oversight for a decline in onfield performance and a diminishing support for the club off it. We cannot afford another 12 months with him "in charge". Move Mary on!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
One of the biggest issues we have, and one that could be a total disaster, is that we have around 20 players coming off contract at the end of 2017. Some of those coming off are our top players and our rising stars including: Aitken, Milne, Packer, Host, Dugan, Mann, Masoe and Widdop.

My worry is that, if McGregor is still coach next year, these players will look to "shop" themselves around, just so they can play football.

With the club unable to attract any "decent" players to the club, or retain any of our Juniors, what sort of team are we going to have in 2018.

Hello Newcastle 2016!!!!!

grouch

First Grade
One of the biggest issues we have, and one that could be a total disaster, is that we have around 20 players coming off contract at the end of 2017. Some of those coming off are our top players and our rising stars including: Aitken, Milne, Packer, Host, Dugan, Mann, Masoe and Widdop.

My worry is that, if McGregor is still coach next year, these players will look to "shop" themselves around, just so they can play football.

With the club unable to attract any "decent" players to the club, or retain any of our Juniors, what sort of team are we going to have in 2018.

Hello Newcastle 2016!!!!!
Yep. We need to sack the impostor and get someone fit and proper in asap to start planning for next year and beyond. The clock keeps ticking and other clubs are circling.

Sack him you idiots

1st & 10

Juniors
There is alot of anger among the fans and this forum is great for that expression (and count me as one).

However, I emailed the club and returned my red V. Out of curiosity, has anyone else emailed the club expressing their discontent of management ?

I am aware of a petition, any update on that?

Cheers All

Coffs dragon

Bench
Cannot believe we have reached page 36 of this topic and the deluded arrogant nob is still our coach.
I hope those Illawarra arse wipping Board members aren't keeping him on cause he painted the Gym and saved the club some dollars. Those board members that voted to appoint Mary should stand down for gross error of judgement.

FlameThrower

Bench
There is alot of anger among the fans and this forum is great for that expression (and count me as one).

However, I emailed the club and returned my red V. Out of curiosity, has anyone else emailed the club expressing their discontent of management ?

Cheers All
I emailed them, told them was disgusted with performance and unless there is change of coaching staff won't renew in 2017.

No and i doubt he will be.
Although I think his time is way past.

So "super coach" is going to have a look at Hutch for next year... And he is using this weekends game to do it.

From there he is going to make a call on this kids future. Surely this "look"was one for 12 weeks ago.

He then drops him back to give BM a send off.. Why bother giving the kid a week .. Not long enough to prove himself .. But possibly long enough to be contaminated.

Is this guy fair-dinkum.. Genius or madman .. It's a fine line... But I have little doubt he is no where near the genius line.

“He said he wanted to have a look at Drew for next year, but would still bring me back for the final game of the year."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...9e6a36cd9e6fbe249bb2a9740158982?client=safari

_Johnsy

Referee

Cheers All
I emailed them, i'll try & dig up the response & edit it in here. I posted it somewhere in some thread, probably this one somewhere.
Found it

"Hi Simon, Thank you for your email, for being a Red V Member for 14 years, and for the 41 years of support you have shown towards the club. As you are aware, membership is an integral component of our club with your investment going directly towards supporting our on-field ambitions. We would be extremely disappointed to lose you as a member, as it is the continued support of our loyal fans which will ultimately bring the team back to form and to play to their full potential.We have communicated openly this past week via our member eDMs regarding various subjects concerning the Club raised by external media.
Please find attached the following links for your reference:
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/07/19/red_v_member_update.html
http://www.dragons.com.au/red-v-members/dragons_open_letter_.html
The decision though is ultimately yours to make whether you opt to renew next season but given your long standing commitment and support, it would be disappointing not to see you and your family renew having experienced the many highs and lows that have come with supporting the team. Whilst we’re currently experiencing a rough patch, we know that those who stand by the team during these difficult times are the ones who relish in our successes the most.
Kind regards,
Anna Barwell
Membership and Customer Service Coordinator "

I love how they still treat you with contempt & imply that true fans stick buy the club in hard times.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
So "super coach" is going to have a look at Hutch for next year... And he is using this weekends game to do it.

From there he is going to make a call on this kids future. Surely this "look"was one for 12 weeks ago.

He then drops him back to give BM a send off.. Why bother giving the kid a week .. Not long enough to prove himself .. But possibly long enough to be contaminated.

Is this guy fair-dinkum.. Genius or madman .. It's a fine line... But I have little doubt he is no where near the genius line.

“He said he wanted to have a look at Drew for next year, but would still bring me back for the final game of the year."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...9e6a36cd9e6fbe249bb2a9740158982?client=safari

Insult to both Benji and Drew. Pathetic call by a coach. Either let a legend play out 2 dud games, as you had 26 rounds to make a call. What can be achieved by Drew playing a game? Like or not Marshall deserves a decent send off, and Drew has had his chances. He may come good, but 1 game against a point deficient side, is no marker. Time to walk Mary, and yes I have backed you for a long time.

Smurf

Juniors
Om

omg I just read this.
I thought Price was bad ( and he was )
Now I think McExit has actually overtaken him.

Sad times

Please please can we have a coach , a 9 and a 7

Latest posts