What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R26 - Warriors 18-40 Eels @ Mt Smart Stadium

Round 26: Warriors v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timbo

Staff member
It is an absolute tragedy the Warriors aren't in the finals.

And even worse that their style of football doesn't equate to winning games the way the sport is at the moment.

Someone made a comment on this forum a while ago which still rings true; the Warriors have a number of players who would rather score an individual spectacular try in a 32-24 loss than be involved in a grinding 10-6 win.

It still rings true today. The club needs some serious culture change.

Someone made a comment on this forum a while ago which still rings true; the Warriors have a number of players who would rather score an individual spectacular try in a 32-24 loss than be involved in a grinding 10-6 win.

It still rings true today. The club needs some serious culture change.
And I'd rather watch that 32-24 loss than the 10-6 win.

And that's why it's a shame they aren't playing next week.

vvvrulz

Coach
The hilarious thing is, Tui was just as bad a few weeks ago and got re-selected at fullback

We have a real fullback out there plodding at centre

Timbo

Staff member
And I'd rather watch that 32-24 loss than the 10-6 win.

And that's why it's a shame they aren't playing next week.

You would rather watch the team you support lose spectacularly than win by toughing it out?

That is a truly bizarre place to be coming from as a sports fan. Don't get me wrong, I love the way Canberra is winning with the Harlem Globetrotters stuff, but if we were eeking out wins I'd be on board too.

vvvrulz

Coach
Eels don't have to do much really, just keep hoofing the ball to Ken and Tui and Bob's your uncle

You would rather watch the team you support lose spectacularly than win by roughing it out?

That is a truly bizarre place to be coming from as a sports fan. Don't get me wrong, I love the way Canberra is winning with the Harlem Globetrotters stuff, but if we were eeking out wins I'd be on board too.
The point is, they can win games by playing their style. They do. Just not enough. If there was a bit less wrestle and a maybe a rule like the SL free play rule the Warriors would probably win at least a few more games. And that's what I mean by their style doesn't lead to success. And that sucks because it's far far more entertaining than the shit we see from the likes of Melbourne. This sport was designed to be entertaining. The NRL has developed into something that does not fit that ethos.

Latest posts