What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Week2: Finals Footy Sept 16,17

strider

Post Whore
Yeah, even tho they probably sweated out every ounce of liquid in their bodies tonight, i reckon theres still a massive likelihood they will do the sharks

I guess it depends on TPB

Suitman

Post Whore
Best game of the season by far.
Well done Cowboys. Amazing effort by Taumalolo. He was a beast, and Thurston proved once again why he is the best player this generation.
I'd just like to add that I have to give the referees a wrap. They were faultless tonight.
Toughest job in RL and they came through with flying colours under enormous pressure in the toughest, fastest game of the season. Well done.

My only gripe with the game was the trip. It used to be an automatic send off. What has changed over the years for this type of offence to just be put on report?

Anyhow, sensational viewing, and bring on tomorrow.

woddy

Juniors
If the Sharks play quick ball and don't lay around in the tackles, the cows might be penalized for not playing the ball quick enough after 20mins .

Basil Brush

Juniors
Well done Cowboys. Amazing effort by Taumalolo. He was a beast, and Thurston proved once again why he is the best player this generation.
I'd just like to add that I have to give the referees a wrap. They were faultless tonight.
Toughest job in RL and they came through with flying colours under enormous pressure in the toughest, fastest game of the season. Well done.

My only gripe with the game was the trip. It used to be an automatic send off. What has changed over the years for this type of offence to just be put on report?

While i do agree with the essence of your post, did the refs get that last decision wrong in normal time i.e. a knock on and not a penalty for offside.

Believe me i was massively going for the cows and hate the broncs with a passion, but that will be a big talking point

strider

Post Whore

Agree ... great work from all involved ... and i loved the extra 5 mins not being a ugly field goal attempt mess

re: the trip ... i don't think something like that should be a send off .. if some one trips hard by kicking then yeah its dangerous, but that was practically him falling over gillets hip and he just lifted his leg to ensure he went down ... i think there are degrees of trips, just like there are degrees of high tackles - getting sent off for something like that would be wrong

woddy

Juniors
A trip is a trip, well ............unless you count HR Puffinstuff or Bananas in Pajamas. If he hit him with his hip first hmmmm maybe