What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. I said it was the commission and NRL CEO signed off, you said it was some middle manager. Which is most likely do you think? And you ask if i'm stupid lol.
You literally said:
It was a absolutely shthouse decision by the ARLC/NRL CEO and should be called out as such.
And have now TWICE shifted the goalposts on your argument. Either the decision was made by the CEO or it wasn't. You don't know who made the decision, you're just casting stones.

2. All for optimism but it is going to be sht, 99% guaranteed, the sooner it fails miserably the sooner it can be fcked off and a reasonable timeslot introduced in its place. We can all live in unicorn land and hope its good, but hoping rarely makes something reality.
And if the 1% comes true and it succeeds, do you still want it turfed?
3. AFL got over a billion $ and didn't agree to play such a fcked up schedule. Yeh we got more money but paid a hefty price in our scheduling, something AFL didn't have to do to get equally large amounts. Mon and Thurs for 1 year and then Fri 6pm and Thurs for 6 years. Just another part of the failure of our leadership to get what the games worth without selling it out for the fans.
You know this forum has its own word filter right? Deliberately avoiding it doesn't make you cool.

And who gives a f**k what the AFL got? We got our money and in 2018 the NRL re-assume control of the fixture from the networks. Fact.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any particularly reason why the total is up by 30k to last year.

More people have signed up to memberships? I guess as more roll over sign ups happen the numbers at beginning of year will increase on previous years.

Some good solid increases from 6 or 7 clubs at this stage is greater than some drop offs from 3 or 4 clubs giving the overall increase.

Billythekid

First Grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
Very broad appeal across the country. I heard they have over 3000 members in Perth. They have a good model of revenue generation based on building a strong fanbase across a number of cities, merch sales and membership sales. They have also centralised themselves in Sydney and made the brand trendy, helps if you have a Hollywood a lister owner, making them appealing to a much broader market than most clubs.
They get paid to play at anz handsomely so ticket sales aren't as big a deal for them and can take games regularly to other places to increase reach

DiegoNT

First Grade
How do Souths manage to get so many members?
For many years souths have sold membership with an emphasis on it making you part of the club and making you part of the souths family. Souths fan have also lost their club in the recent past and don't want to go through that again so are more willing to contribute out of their own pocket for the club. Being a souths member isn't about getting a good ticket deal. That's why souths membership numbers don't really have an effect on crowd figures .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How do Souths manage to get so many members?
Very good marketing and distribution of non-ticketed memberships. I'd be surprised if ticketed memberships accounted for much more than 50-60% of their total figure.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Very broad appeal across the country. I heard they have over 3000 members in Perth. They have a good model of revenue generation based on building a strong fanbase across a number of cities, merch sales and membership sales. They have also centralised themselves in Sydney and made the brand trendy, helps if you have a Hollywood a lister owner, making them appealing to a much broader market than most clubs.
They get paid to play at anz handsomely so ticket sales aren't as big a deal for them and can take games regularly to other places to increase reach

agree with all you say except for the highlighted part. souths are still very much viewed as the bogan team or the team that the lower socio economic fans follow by general league fans in sydney.