What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Titans Game Day Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Every ball straight down is pretty much deemed a knock on.
Except for the Tits, all night in fact.

The refs changed the momentum of the game but after half time we offered nothing. Lazy, soft insipid performance.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We were garbage tonight but I reckon the performance from the refs was even worse.

Neither team had blatant forward passes called. All of their lost balls in the ruck were penalties and all of ours were knock-ons.

A titans player played the ball facing towards the sideline ffs.

bartman

Immortal
At least you are happy, agenda driven twat.

Such a big fan he refuses to go to ANZ because he doesn't get his special seat..... :yum:
Lol, here's the Thaiday of the forums... always third man in. ;)

I refuse to go to Homebush because... it sucks as a ground to watch rugby league.

bartman

Immortal
We were garbage tonight but I reckon the performance from the refs was even worse.

Neither team had blatant forward passes called. All of their lost balls in the ruck were penalties and all of ours were knock-ons.

A titans player played the ball facing towards the sideline ffs.
Agree, and last night's refs were pretty bad too imo.
It's costing more, but the standard of reffering is getting much worse as the years go by.

Bazal

Post Whore
End of the day, our forwards actually outplayed theirs....Mannah, Ma'u. Matagi made over 100m. Brown made 85 even with the stint at hooker. Only Paasi made over 100m for the Titans.

We lost that game on some poor defence, very poor basic skills and the lack of control from the halves. Very disappointing effort from Robson, with over 150 NRL games, to not take control at any stage tbh. Even as a back up, as an experienced halfback he should have taken control of the side.

Kornstar

Coach
Lol, what?

He ripped at the ball, it came out due to a loose carry. He put himself in a position for a penalty to go against him, and it did. Was it 50/50? Yes. But that doesn't excuse him for giving the penalty away in the first place.
The penalty that he was deemed to have stripped that i am referring to was the one just before the ball he lost wasn't deemed a strip later in the game and they were both the same, a hand was barely in there but one was penalised and the other was not.

Like i said, both should have been lost balls, simple!

You telling everyone they are whingers cause they point out the refs are inconsistent during a game where there are legitimate f**k ups doesn't mean anyone is blaming them for the loss, just pointing out in frustration how f**king useless the merkins are and when the team is playing shit really bad or inconsistent decisions compound the frustration.

Not everyone can be as level headed as people like you.

Avenger

Immortal
They were all garbage except Brown and Mannah. Beau Scott looked like a 60 year old man out there playing golden oldies and I couldn't help but laugh when that tampon, Pritchard came off again. He is made of glass. Gutherson is the most uncoordinated half we have had since Finch. He was shit house. His lack of pace annoys the f**k out of me. Robson was very disappointing and should go back to park football permanently.

hindy111

Post Whore
5 day turn around
3 away games in row
Missing best player

Always hard game.
What we learnt.
Robson shouldnt get a run again unless Gutherson out. No attack.
Taka will be targeted by every team and has been so far this year.

Better times ahead.

Chipmunk

Coach
Seriously!! That is pretty much what he did all last year, only playing 40-50 minutes.

It had nothing to do with Scott, it was stupid errors that cost us the game. We hold the ball and complete our sets and we win!!

And we had plenty of points scored against us last year whilst he was off the field.

We seem to lose our way when Scott went off the field tonight and never got the momentum back.

I'd like to see all our points scored and against stats from last season with Beau Scott on and off the field.

With Norman out I don't think it was the best move having him off the field for so long.

Bazal

Post Whore
The penalty that he was deemed to have stripped that i am referring to was the one just before the ball he lost wasn't deemed a strip later in the game and they were both the same, a hand was barely in there but one was penalised and the other was not.

Like i said, both should have been lost balls, simple!

You telling everyone they are whingers cause they point out the refs are inconsistent during a game where there are legitimate f**k ups doesn't mean anyone is blaming them for the loss, just pointing out in frustration how f**king useless the merkins are and when the team is playing shit really bad or inconsistent decisions compound the frustration.

Not everyone can be as level headed as people like you.

The point is a senior player (the captain, no less!) shouldn't put himself in a position where he can be so easily penalised.

Scott, for all his upside, gives away a lot of penalties.

Happy MEel

First Grade
It didn't make a difference to the result but I was disgusted with the bunkers reasoning for awarding the try off the bomb. He said that the ball stayed behind his hand which means that it went backwards. All of his momentum was going forward so of course his hand stayed in front of the ball. That doesn't mean that the ball didn't travel forward. Also not sure why they refused to look at the side on angle.

Bazal

Post Whore
They were all garbage except Brown and Mannah. Beau Scott looked like a 60 year old man out there playing golden oldies and I couldn't help but laugh when that tampon, Pritchard came off again. He is made of glass. Gutherson is the most uncoordinated half we have had since Finch. He was shit house. His lack of pace annoys the f**k out of me. Robson was very disappointing and should go back to park football permanently.

Matagi was very good. Gutherson started well but he suffered because his halfback couldn't take charge of the game and order the side around....tough to blame him in his third game at 6 when Robbo has over 150 at 7.

Latest posts