What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Knights

betcats

Referee
The Yeo comparison isn't the best. Yeo is clearly suited to the role. Peach has been going great but it's not like he's setting up his winger with class. Hes just running the ball well, which can be done in either position.

Yeo has just been running and tackling well, he can do that playing centre. Peachey had 9 try assists in 24 games last season. In the set up king Whare's last full season(2014) he played 26 games and had 8 try assists so this peachey doesn't set people up is just a myth based on one play last week imo.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
God there are some precious fans on here... Heaven forbid someone not rate a player as highly as someone else - Scapegoat? Please. Downsides get pointed out, and all of a sudden he's a scapegoat?

chrisD

Coach
It's a change being brought by an injury at the moment. The situation is Blake goes back to centre and Peachey to backrow in place of our injured first options. Now I'd prefer that to the other options, the next best I think would be keeping things the way they are and debuting CHN. If Peachey is ineffective at second row then we know and we can move him back, hopefully it won't cost us against the knights, it shouldn't. Provided that's the way the coach goes.

TheFrog

Coach
Hiku is a shit defender. That's a fact not opinion
12 tackles with 0 misses in 27 minutes isn't earth shattering, but it's acceptable for a centre returning from injury playing in the second row.

I'm no particular Hiku fan but like Peter Wallace early last year when he was returning from a long-term injury, I think he deserves a much better go than he's getting on here.

I wonder what Mansour can expect from some of this club's "supporters" if he doesn't slip immediately back into 2016 form when he returns in a few weeks.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
It's a change being brought by an injury at the moment. The situation is Blake goes back to centre and Peachey to backrow in place of our injured first options. Now I'd prefer that to the other options, the next best I think would be keeping things the way they are and debuting CHN. If Peachey is ineffective at second row then we know and we can move him back, hopefully it won't cost us against the knights, it shouldn't. Provided that's the way the coach goes.

Fair enough I can understand that its just Peachey would be the last person I would move atm, his future is at centre imo and he has really been killing it there, he has potential to be one of if not the best centre in the game IMO. If he isn't in the centres he is a bench utility, I don't think he is big enough to play big minutes in the back and he is too talented to leave sitting on the bench for half a game or more. Anyway if we play well I don't care if they switch all the forwards and backs around.

betcats

Referee
That is my thoughts on it too. Injury has forced the move but if we get Whare in 2014 form and Blake in last year's form. We will be very hard to beat

Peacheys form last year and this year at centre was better than Whares in 2014. We already had a gun centre pairing that were firing, one of them still is. Compare Whares 2014 and Tyrones 2016 and Peachey killed Whare for metres, tackle breaks, linebreaks, and when I say killed I mean a significant difference, double for some. He also had more tries and try assists. He even made more tackles and missed less then Whare did in 14, and that's all in about 200 minutes less then Whare played in 14 and he made less errors. Since then Whare has missed almost two years of footy. Peachey is our best centre, theres not even an argument for mine.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
A few years back it seemed we had more 2nd rowers than any other team. 3 games in and we are already having our depth tested. I think we should start with latu in the 2nd row and give Corey a shot, leave the peach as is.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peacheys form last year and this year at centre was better than Whares in 2014. We already had a gun centre pairing that were firing, one of them still is. Compare Whares 2014 and Tyrones 2016 and Peachey killed Whare for metres, tackle breaks, linebreaks, and when I say killed I mean a significant difference, double for some. He also had more tries and try assists. He even made more tackles and missed less then Whare did in 14, and that's all in about 200 minutes less then Whare played in 14 and he made less errors. Since then Whare has missed almost two years of footy. Peachey is our best centre, theres not even an argument for mine.
Exactly. Although f**k the stats... peachey looks more dangerous than any player in our team has in a long time when het gets decent ball at centre.

He had struggled for consistency in the second row. His size hurt him a bit I think. But at centre he's one of the most dangerous players in the game.

Our backline last year was nearly perfect. Better than it has been in years. But rather than let players build on that form. We are looking at moving them around to positions they never showed consistency in before.

We are yet to see what happens yet. But it sounds like Akauolo will start in the second row.

franklin2323

Immortal

That's because all those stats you mention are stats you get from Hogging it. Do you think Simmons would of scored all those tries outside Peachey?

betcats

Referee
Exactly. Although f**k the stats... peachey looks more dangerous than any player in our team has in a long time when het gets decent ball at centre.

He had struggled for consistency in the second row. His size hurt him a bit I think. But at centre he's one of the most dangerous players in the game.

Our backline last year was nearly perfect. Better than it has been in years. But rather than let players build on that form. We are looking at moving them around to positions they never showed consistency in before.

We are yet to see what happens yet. But it sounds like Akauolo will start in the second row.

Yeah ever since Peacheys first game at centre ive said that is his spot. Like you have said he is one of the most potent attacking centres already and that's after half a season there. Defensively he has a bit to learn but the gap between Peachey and Whare defensively is not as big as some make out.

betcats

Referee
That's because all those stats you mention are stats you get from Hogging it. Do you think Simmons would of scored all those tries outside Peachey?

Even hogging the ball he still gets more try assists then Whare lol what horseshit. He is just better, and that was before Whare missed two years with serious injury.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even hogging the ball he still gets more try assists then Whare lol what horseshit. He is just better, and that was before Whare missed two years with serious injury.

Here is stats. There is no way if Whare gets to this form he will be left out. Couldn't find Peachey's stats for once he went to centre so it has has his 2nd rower defence too

Whare 2014 stats
upload_2017-3-23_15-46-44.png2015

upload_2017-3-23_15-47-30.png

Peachey last year

upload_2017-3-23_15-48-45.png

betcats

Referee
Mate the stats I was talking about were Peacheys 20016 stats v Whares 2014 stats directly from the NRL website, the link is below so you or anyone else can check I was telling the truth. Peacheys 2016 stats absolutely kill Whare's, he was better in everything but offloads all that with two less games so I don't know what argument you are making. Also theres a lot more chance Peachey maintains his form from last season than Whare gets back to his form from 3 and four years ago. Whare is great but Peachey is just better.

http://www.nrl.com/Stats/TelstraPremiership/PlayerStatistics/tabid/10877/Default.aspx

Use the filters and compare Peachey last season to Whare in 14. Peachey is a beast, if we need to move him to cover an injury fine, but IF he cant perform in the back row like he has been at centre it would be beyond stupid to not move him back to centre no matter who we have to drop.

Anyway im done with this, theres no argument left that will convince me Peachey isn't a better option at centre than Whare. I watch every game and last year that told me Peachey is a beast centre, check the stats and it tells me the same thing. Meanwhile you are reduced to calling Peachey a hog when presented with facts(despite getting more try assists) and using David Simmons try scoring efforts from 2013 to pump up whare(Whare had 6 try assists that year according to your stats).

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Thankfully it looks like Peachey will start in the centres. Although that means Hiku will either come on in second row. Or push Peachey to second row.

Akauolo seems to be the starting second rower. Unless Griffin is trying to play games

Latest posts