What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis admits himself to mental health clinic

Chimp

Bench
It's a shame that depression has been abused so much by every dickhead when they get into trouble that the first reaction to this is 'what's he done.'

All the best, hope he is getting the help he needs

Absolutely - that reaction is happening now because over recent years the only time we've seen players being 'brave' enough to seek help or talk about depression/mental illness is when they've farked up and are in need of an excuse or some positive PR.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's a shame that depression has been abused so much by every dickhead when they get into trouble that the first reaction to this is 'what's he done.'

All the best, hope he is getting the help he needs
Agree..

He's taken a proactive step to fix himself, not as a result of any incident*

As much as I've given him shit in the past, good on him for this step.

*hard part with a lot of these incidents where people pull the depression card is that sometimes they are indeed the case of someone hitting rock bottom..

Bazal

Post Whore
Agree..

*hard part with a lot of these incidents where people pull the depression card is that sometimes they are indeed the case of someone hitting rock bottom..

This is what a lot of people fail to understand. Especially in a position of prominence and high pressure people often internalise the problem until it becomes too much and then they have a major melt down... But clowns will roll out the "Lol bullshit he's just a dickhead using it as a distraction" without fail.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If GI comes out of this setback the way that Darius Boyd did a couple of years back then god help anyone that the rabbits play against. He will be unstoppable.

Also, in light of this news coming out, pretty good of Mal meninga for including him in the kangaroos camp and getting him around the team

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One can only imagine what is like to that weight of expectation on one's shoulders.

To be from a young age told you can be the best, become the best, have a torchlight on everything you do, even when you excel......have your critics.....

I can only imagine, my life seems so humble.

Get well young man. Buy farm retire.

POPEYE

Coach
If he concentrates on establishing a satisfied life after footy the depression will be easier to overcome. Constantly worrying about the here and now is hard to recover from, has to be similar to not being able to do the work you once could. Good luck to him on the road many of us have travelled

First Grade
I hope he receives the help he needs.
The cynic in me initially thought here we go, his knee is fooked so they put him in for mental illness, next minute he moves to brisbane or retires and souf$$ have money to play with, but that's hopefully not the case.

no name

Coach
Brett Kimmorley just lost his wife to cancer and has to raise 4 daughters on his own, and GI's sad cos he has a sore knee and he's not a good player anymore? Perspective.
While their current circumstances are very different, people are made up differently.
We also don't know all the factors going on for GI.
I don't even really care what the factors are, he has sought help which is a good thing.
I hope he gets that help and gets his life back to the best it can be, on and off the field.