What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Bazal

Post Whore
They're both fullbacks. You want more than one run for 11 metres from a winger. French's hit ups are ineffective but he is dangerous carrying the ball in shape.

How often did we attack using French? Between that and the Dragons shit kicking game he barely had to run the ball.

Honestly as long as he's in the side somewhere we're going to do well out of it.

Djay

Juniors
They're both fullbacks. You want more than one run for 11 metres from a winger. French's hit ups are ineffective but he is dangerous carrying the ball in shape.
French is a winger, you slated me weeks ago saying his a weakness on the wing.

Today he was one of our best there and had his best game all year.

He has to stay there, simple, Guth at the back.

French is a fullback, if it weren't for his injury he would have retained the no.1 jersey. He has the skill and speed and vision to be a great no.1 or 5/8. But You can tell that the injury had affected his confidence in the last few games. Anyway, just like Hayne when he first played first grade it would not do bevan any harm to play on the wing for the immediate future. He's a freak.

Avenger

Immortal
French is a fullback, if it weren't for his injury he would have retained the no.1 jersey. He has the skill and speed and vision to be a great no.1 or 5/8. But You can tell that the injury had affected his confidence in the last few games. Anyway, just like Hayne when he first played first grade it would not do bevan any harm to play on the wing for the immediate future. He's a freak.
Arthur in his press conference said his best long term position is fullback.

eel01s

Bench
Bevan has football smarts, great hands, and blinding pace. Fantastic combination wherever he plays.

I dunno if he'll ever have Tedesco's power. But fullback is definitely his position, that speed and agility chiming into the backline is lethal and he's got a quality pass on him too.
I doubt he'll ever have that power but Tedesco is fairly slight too. And I think French's playmaking might exceed Tedesco's. Still, they could be very similar players.

Djay

Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Right now French is a winger, and should stay there.

Plain and simple, no wonder he played so well and no wonder we won, currently Gutherson is a better fullback.

Like I have said for weeks, he needs to bide his time on the wing.

In a couple years time I am sure he could be a great fullback.
You think French played well on the wing despite contributing f**k all in attack?

Djay

Juniors
You think French played well on the wing despite contributing f**k all in attack?
What I do know is Gutho offers more at fullback currently, so for now he should be our fullback.

He still scored a try didn't he on the wing? Could've had a double also but apparently the last pass was forward.

He did the job on the wing and that's what we need, the formula yesterday worked, it should not be changed. Plain and simple, I called for it weeks ago it will not hurt anyone playing the backline like that right now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A winger should normally be making more than11m in a game. He did well not bagging the kid but he's a fullback and even Ba said as much.

Latest posts