What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was Just Rejected At ANZ Stadium Homebush Tonight

alien

Referee
I agree with those 3 clubs but you cannot leave Saints out of that discussion. It's difficult to know exactly who the biggest club is but average attendance and membership to a lesser extend are the best indicators. Saints are disadvantaged as they have split their home games over several stadia making it more difficult to attend all home games or to get value for money from memberships compared to the 3 clubs mentioned. Anecdotally there appear to be just as many annoying dragons fans as those from the other 3 clubs lol.

it is up to st george illawarra to make their kogarah games only membership and wollongong games only membership good value

Pommy

Coach
it is up to st george illawarra to make their kogarah games only membership and wollongong games only membership good value

Of course but it doesn't mean they have less supporters just because they get less memberships.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Currently sat in the SFS and the floor, walls and seats seem to be adequate. Half an hour until SFC v CCM kicks off and it already feels more vibrant than than an average NRL game at ANZ.

Congratulations.

I go to an NRL to watch quality product, not watch dickhead 15 year old nerds jump around and sing songs.

On another note last weekend the women's big bash out rated the highest rating A League game by 150k viewers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cronulla isnt even popular in its heart land.

They're a lot more popular then they were 10 years ago. In the shire everyone under 30 are sharks fans. 30-50 mainly sharks with a decent amount of dragons fans. Over 50 it's pretty much half half between dragons and sharks fans.

Pommy

Coach
Congratulations.

I go to an NRL to watch quality product, not watch dickhead 15 year old nerds jump around and sing songs.

On another note last weekend the women's big bash out rated the highest rating A League game by 150k viewers.

Well done but the point is SFS is a better stadium than ANZ. Your preaching to the converted about league being better than football but unless you've not noticed its December.

Cockosh

Juniors
They're a lot more popular then they were 10 years ago. In the shire everyone under 30 are sharks fans. 30-50 mainly sharks with a decent amount of dragons fans. Over 50 it's pretty much half half between dragons and sharks fans.

I agree on your first point. Think they are developing bit of a cult following down there with the younger crowd. For me personally Shark park is my favourite away game every year despite it being a graveyard of late for us chooks. A lot of fun down there and the banter is usually pretty good natured. The club afterwards isn't bad either. Asking for the trophy cabinet is always a good conversation starter.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well done but the point is SFS is a better stadium than ANZ. Your preaching to the converted about league being better than football but unless you've not noticed its December.

Sorry mate, get very defensive when a league wankers bang on about the amazing 'atmosphere'

Vic Mackey

Referee
I agree on your first point. Think they are developing bit of a cult following down there with the younger crowd. For me personally Shark park is my favourite away game every year despite it being a graveyard of late for us chooks. A lot of fun down there and the banter is usually pretty good natured. The club afterwards isn't bad either. Asking for the trophy cabinet is always a good conversation starter.

Oztag is helping a lot. Every kid plays oztag here, even the girls. Gets them interested in league and sharks are naturally the team they go to.

Sharks fans are definitely the best natured of Sydney fans IMO. Could be a reason why they haven't ever had huge success, the fans don't demand it like other clubs.

beave

Coach
I found Dragons fans at Kograh the most welcoming of all the sydney clubs. Wollongong not so much but I always enjoyed staying down there for the weekend. Penrith, Leichardt, Cambo were alright. The 1999 battle for the wooden spoon in the 2nd last round in front of 5500 at Campbeltown was a highlight of my life.........

Worst was always Parra and Newy.

Pommy

Coach
Sorry mate, get very defensive when a league wankers bang on about the amazing 'atmosphere'

There's more atmosphere in most library's than ANZ. Even when Chelsea came it'I was shit, I'm not bigging up the A league just saying ANZ for normal games is dire.

ANZ will likely get government money to redevelop into a flexible rectangular stadium, and add an open-close roof. That will change the atmosphere, and make ANZ the premium rugby league stadium in Australia.