What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Shorty

Staff member
The man's looks are part of his legend and they choose a weazely looking androtop with a greasy head and face

They needed to at least match Jamie Lannister
Exactly! His features are extensively written about in the books, even Cersei is dickmatized by him!

Game_Breaker

Coach
I don't get what people were expecting for the casting though?
He looks like a Targaryan and there time as warriors was supposed to be over at this point. Much like their dragons they had become weak and that's what led to their downfall.

Actually Rhaegar was meant to be a bad ass warrior, not the best, but still very capable.

I suspect a lot of people are upset because they expected Legolas from LOTR

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So much going on this episode that we forget the little things. Enjoyed the hounds little exchange with the mountain, surely this is setting up for clegane bowl.

Cleganebowl is totally gonna happen
Actually Rhaegar was meant to be a bad ass warrior, not the best, but still very capable.

He wasn't supposed to be a beast though, jousting was his thing. Robert messed him up good in a man on man scrap (Robert was a genuine beast, and was also far more of a miscast, Mark Addy was a foot too short and had brown hair, not black)

Shorty

Staff member
Gosh no!
Just a bit prettier and softer features I suppose.
But I think it's probably just the wig, the actor isn't too bad without the wig having viewed him on google.

This is the first casting I didn't really like, I initially didnt like Mance either but he grew on me.

Game_Breaker

Coach
He wasn't supposed to be a beast though, jousting was his thing. Robert messed him up good in a man on man scrap (Robert was a genuine beast, and was also far more of a miscast, Mark Addy was a foot too short and had brown hair, not black)

Robert didn't escape unscathed from the battle of the trident. He was a beast, and he killed Rhaegar, but he was also wounded by him

Game_Breaker

Coach
Gosh no!
Just a bit prettier and softer features I suppose.
But I think it's probably just the wig, the actor isn't too bad without the wig having viewed him on google.

This is the first casting I didn't really like, I initially didnt like Mance either but he grew on me.

prettier with softer features and better hair
That's pretty much Legolas

Pommy

Coach

Was he meant to be a great warrior or a great jouster?
That gay bloke who's name I forget (Margeries brother) was a great jouster but I wouldn't have him down as being a great warrior.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Can someone explain the Jaime/Cersei scene

Jaime dares Cersei to give the order to the Mountain to kill him
She nods
Mountain pulls out his sword and Jaime just walks away?

Danish

Referee
ok, my bad
but why did the mountain pull out his sword?
I thought her nod implied approval of the order

She'd informed the mountain beforehand that she might need to threaten Jaime with death, but not to actually kill him.

So the sword pull was supposed to intimidate Jaime into staying. He saw through it (or equally likely figured if it was true then he was f**ked anyway) and walked out.

the Jaime/Tormund/Brienne love triangle should be a good one.

Parra Pride

Coach
She'd informed the mountain beforehand that she might need to threaten Jaime with death, but not to actually kill him.

So the sword pull was supposed to intimidate Jaime into staying. He saw through it (or equally likely figured if it was true then he was f**ked anyway) and walked out.

the Jaime/Tormund/Brienne love triangle should be a good one.

Might not be a love triangle to happen by the time Jamie get's North. Highly doubt Tormund is dead at this point, but when he does get down from that wall he will be really f**king close to the Walkers and their army.

Danish

Referee
Might not be a love triangle to happen by the time Jamie get's North. Highly doubt Tormund is dead at this point, but when he does get down from that wall he will be really f**king close to the Walkers and their army.

I reckon he'll travel along the wall to Castle Black, and get back to Winterfell from there. The speed at which the army of the dead travel is directly governed by the plot, so I'm sure he'll beat them back by several episodes.

nick87

Coach
I reckon he'll travel along the wall to Castle Black, and get back to Winterfell from there. The speed at which the army of the dead travel is directly governed by the plot, so I'm sure he'll beat them back by several episodes.
Hahah f**k spot on
Tormund will have time to get back to winterfell, spend a few weeks battling Jamie for Brienne's love, win the battle, marry her, and have her deliver two hideous looking children before the dead army get to winterfell is the storyline dictates that it must