What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

no name

Coach
Can these f**king floggers on 360 get their agenda straight.

Bring up the fact that the NRL integrity employs 14 people, and giggle how 'they need every one of them tut tut'

Then next episode they will bang on how the NRL has too many employees and are wasting money blah blah blah.

Stallion

First Grade
Also note that Fox news continually plug upcoming union internationals and other football codes. This doesn't occur for rugby league internationals. Understand that this channel isn't covering the rugby league world cup however the only magazine style show I watch on Fox502 is their Monday evening 360 show purely for news and chat about the world cup. The disregard for the rugby league world cup is poor form regardless of whether they are covering it or not. FOX SPORTS is based in Australia. The rugby league world cup is in this part of the world. The massive tv ratings suggest many people are interested in this tournament. They should be enjoying the ride regardless of no coverage of world cup games contract.

Also note that Fox news continually plug upcoming union internationals and other football codes. This doesn't occur for rugby league internationals. Understand that this channel isn't covering the rugby league world cup however the only magazine style show I watch on Fox502 is their Monday evening 360 show purely for news and chat about the world cup. The disregard for the rugby league world cup is poor form regardless of whether they are covering it or not. FOX SPORTS is based in Australia. The rugby league world cup is in this part of the world. The massive tv ratings suggest many people are interested in this tournament. They should be enjoying the ride regardless of no coverage of world cup games contract.

That is not how marketers think. The people doing the marketing at Fox Sports would probably be saying "why bother promoting the RL World Cup. It is on a different network, so you are giving a rival a free plug". We might not like it, but I can see the logic behind the argument.

As to "massive ratings", if they are so "massive", why are most of the games being carried on 7mate? When it comes to ratings, the free to air networks treat their additional channels as second class citizens as their big rating programs are carried on their "main" channel.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Again, for the benefit of special needs student Stallion, fox isn't PBS, SBS or the BBf**kingC.

They have no obligation to mention the world cup. It would be nice but they're not, if you don't like it tune out ffs.

Stallion

First Grade
Again, for the benefit of special needs student Stallion, fox isn't PBS, SBS or the BBf**kingC.

They have no obligation to mention the world cup. It would be nice but they're not, if you don't like it tune out ffs.

You fn dickhead! Its a valid point. Pretty sure these Fox slimebags dont get any decent ratings from union! And the FTA ratings are kicking arse for the rugby league world cup! Undeniable yet you dismiss the figures. Absolutely dickhead stuff from you! You have form though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You fn dickhead! Its a valid point. Pretty sure these Fox slimebags dont get any decent ratings from union! And the FTA ratings are kicking arse for the rugby league world cup! Undeniable yet you dismiss the figures. Absolutely dickhead stuff from you! You have form though.
ZomboMeme 31102017150900emp.jpg

Stallion

First Grade
That is not how marketers think. The people doing the marketing at Fox Sports would probably be saying "why bother promoting the RL World Cup. It is on a different network, so you are giving a rival a free plug". We might not like it, but I can see the logic behind the argument.

As to "massive ratings", if they are so "massive", why are most of the games being carried on 7mate? When it comes to ratings, the free to air networks treat their additional channels as second class citizens as their big rating programs are carried on their "main" channel.

Massive ratings comment.
Pretty sure they (marketers )sit up and take note when the secondary channel outdoes the primary channel a number of times during this world cup!? Marketers also make mistakes!
Fox Sports comment.
Plenty on this website have seen exposure for other codes that are not covered on the Austrlian Fox network? The fox sports coverage of this world cup is not commensurate or reflective of the public interest in this tournament. They (fox) tend to pump up other codes even when that code is not going to be shown on its network. This is where the imbalance occurs. Like someone said a clearly popular world cup (tv ratings wise) is not receiving the mentions it deserves on a network that has links with rugby league. And even more disturbing, the code of RL is its main high ratings source over the past decade!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fox must be kicking themselves they didn’t get the World Cup,sim7 cast. I bet the ratings and turn off for nrl channel must be terrible. I haven’t turned it on since season ended.

I wonder if a summer nines comp might add some interest and maintain viewers? They could pick up the French league which runs from oct to apr, would help keep subscribers over summer

Stallion

First Grade
Fox must be kicking themselves they didn’t get the World Cup,sim7 cast. I bet the ratings and turn off for nrl channel must be terrible. I haven’t turned it on since season ended.

I wonder if a summer nines comp might add some interest and maintain viewers? They could pick up the French league which runs from oct to apr, would help keep subscribers over summer

Good thinking! Should be explored. Especially the coverage of RL elsewhere. Watching live or recent rugby league is always better than reruns of the past unless appropriate.

Latest posts