What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Stallion

First Grade
England waĺloped a representative team of development states yesterday 76-12. No mention of it on Fox Sports news unless I missed it? They pumped up other codes and RL news not about the approaching world cup . Hope to see a decent focus on the world cup this week from all media. Would be a good weekend in Melbourne coming up. World cup opener Kangaroos v England on Friday evening and Cox plate racing on Saturday. A quality weekend for the sports purist!

Stallion

First Grade
Nrl 360. Not one mention of this weeks world cup opener in what they are said to be discussing tonight! This is disgraceful if no world cup mentions happen on this show tonight! However their are world cup team lists in print on bottom of screen. That's something! Stop press! They have given the world cup almost 10 minutes discussion. It’s a shame their was no background stories done on players on the visiting nations. Oh well. That's what we are dealing with! The human interest factors alone would have been fascinating to know! A real shame. Maybe channel 7 could have done a magazine style program? Oh well!

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Paul Kent couldn't possibly find the time to discuss the International game he needs to talk shit about the state of the game and spread untrue rumours about players.

You know the stuff that he says the fans want to hear even though the fans don't actually give a shit about it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nrl 360. Not one mention of this weeks world cup opener in what they are said to be discussing tonight! This is disgraceful if no world cup mentions happen on this show tonight! However their are world cup team lists in print on bottom of screen. That's something! Stop press! They have given the world cup almost 10 minutes discussion. It’s a shame their was no background stories done on players on the visiting nations. Oh well. That's what we are dealing with! The human interest factors alone would have been fascinating to know! A real shame. Maybe channel 7 could have done a magazine style program? Oh well!

Yeah would've liked to have seen some sort of show in the lead up to the World cup, even if its on 7mate, or 7two.

However in the last week on Ch 7 news and their updates during the ad breaks they mention quite a bit on the World Cup, including the other nations like Italy, USA, Fiji, Ireland and Lebanon.

I'm loving this build up, however Id love it even more if they talked up the Australia England game, bring back the hate, someone say something nasty so the media will pay attention to it.

Reactions: Vee

El Diablo

Post Whore
6c2.gif

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I wish they would show replays of old test matches and world cup games leading into the tournament. I guess because 7 has full coverage of the tournament they probably didn't want to bother with it. Still would've been good in the lead to the World Cup instead of the same stuff that's been replayed 20 times this year.

Stallion

First Grade
It's a real shame with such a potentially great tournament in this part of the world has been ignored for the most part by a designated rugby league channel? It's poor form and would not have occured for other codes!

Life's Good

Coach
It's a real shame with such a potentially great tournament in this part of the world has been ignored for the most part by a designated rugby league channel? It's poor form and would not have occured for other codes!
You’re right. The AFL World Cup organisers would not tolerate this sort of thing. Oh wait.....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone actually watched it since the gf? I caught a bit of nrl360 and that's about it. Never been really one for watching replays of recent games. Historic ones are interesting to compare players and the games evolution. Thank goodness for formula 1 and NFL.

Stallion

First Grade
I can't even be bothered to switch on the channel since they aren't showing any World Cup even at the very least old test matches.

Given they (fox)should want viewers, I'm pretty sure designated coverage of the world cup would have achieved that outcome on a rugby league channel! ?

Given they (fox)should want viewers, I'm pretty sure designated coverage of the world cup would have achieved that outcome on a rugby league channel! ?

If they do not have the TV rights to it, pray tell how could Fox be showing it?

Same with the "old" test matches. I'll bet they do not have the rights to them which is why they aren't showing any.

I'm not saying there aren't things other than say the "Best of Matty Johns" they could be showing, but just because it is meant to be a dedicated Rugby League Channel does not automatically mean Fox Sports have access to (let alone broadcast rights to) every past rugby league game ever televised/recorded.

Stallion

First Grade
If they do not have the TV rights to it, pray tell how could Fox be showing it?

Same with the "old" test matches. I'll bet they do not have the rights to them which is why they aren't showing any.

I'm not saying there aren't things other than say the "Best of Matty Johns" they could be showing, but just because it is meant to be a dedicated Rugby League Channel does not automatically mean Fox Sports have access to (let alone broadcast rights to) every past rugby league game ever televised/recorded.

Would have thought something on the world cup would be watched by rugby league fans. I'd suggest it would rate well?

siv

First Grade
Cant believe how far downhill it went in the last few weeks

Perfect opportunity to show games from the prior years

All we get are reruns of 2017 magazine shows and 2017 season matches

roofromoz

First Grade
They need to do something like the guest programmers blocks they do on the AFL channel.

Just anything to deviate away from the 'Simply the Best' guff.

Latest posts