What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
How good is he really? I have only seen bits of him.

Brown is after an experienced centre ideally from what I've read but if he is good I'm sure we will take what we can get.
From what I have seen of him... he's got some toe and can set up his winger. I'm in a similar boat to you, though... I haven't particularly taken notice of him and watched him play much. Probably as good a young prospect as any.

perverse

Referee
Very much doubt Manly would let him go though.
Then they can play one of Hastings (who is hated by his teammates), Cameron Cullen or Lachlan Croker in the halves. Easy.

We're not super desperate for a centre unless Sione has to retire or really doesn't work out there. I think we could survive with Sione there for 12 months and hit the market again for 2019 anyway. Realistically we're in the box seat, we have a half, they need a half.

PhilGould

Bench
Manly are shopping Kelly and from what I've heard I think a swap for Hodkinson is a possibility. They're shopping him for a reason though, he was terrible during the back half of the year. Definitely a talented attacking player but defends like Gagai.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Kellys defence is ok. He is young so sometimes misses a read but he is no where the jumper grabber thsat Gagai is

Put it this way, Dylan Walker missed 30 more tackles this season than Kelly did playing on the other side of the ruck

Still Nutty

Juniors
Lurker linking us to Jennings again today. How many more good years has he got left in him?
I know some might see it as a bit of a gamble but I still rate Jennings and think a 2 year deal would give us enough to squeeze the best of what he has left...I think he'd make a good foil for Moga, I think he's a solid defender and he still seems to have pace and evasion. He turns 30 in April next year so I wouldn't look at any longer but that should give us time to develop what is coming through and put some depth in the backs ranks.

EDIT - it would also depend on the asking price...we might be cashed up but he'd have to be at a reasonable asking price

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Jennings would be a great get but I don't see the Eels having to release him after the NRL very suspiciously gift-wrapped them Hayne at 40% of his existing contract value.

perverse

Referee
I know some might see it as a bit of a gamble but I still rate Jennings and think a 2 year deal would give us enough to squeeze the best of what he has left...I think he'd make a good foil for Moga, I think he's a solid defender and he still seems to have pace and evasion. He turns 30 in April next year so I wouldn't look at any longer but that should give us time to develop what is coming through and put some depth in the backs ranks.

EDIT - it would also depend on the asking price...we might be cashed up but he'd have to be at a reasonable asking price
Yep, I could get comfortable with that.

Jennings would be a great get but I don't see the Eels having to release him after the NRL very suspiciously gift-wrapped them Hayne at 40% of his existing contract value.
If they plan to play Hayne at right centre, then their options might be to either hold onto a disgruntled Jennings or get out of his way. Of course contracts are a thing, but by and large it makes little sense to hang onto an unhappy player.

Latest posts