What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Still Nutty

Juniors
His current Eels contract will be paying him $1.5mn over the next two years according to media.
Then they'd be picking up some of the slack for us to look at him then I would expect from Brown and Mooney - I'd think it would be overs for us to pick up his contract at his age and not get some of it covered

Still Nutty

Juniors
I'd be happy enough to take that under our cap.
I know we've got the cash but I reckon that is overs - it will be interesting to see how much hard ball would be played by Mooney and Gardiner if it came down to a negotiation.

I'm not sure who else would be in the market and cashed up enough to be looking for a Centre outside of us - is there anybody else likely to be competing for him?

Johns Magic

Referee
If they plan to play Hayne at right centre, then their options might be to either hold onto a disgruntled Jennings or get out of his way. Of course contracts are a thing, but by and large it makes little sense to hang onto an unhappy player.

I am pretty sure Jennings has played the bulk of his career on the left, with a smattering on games on the right.

I would also be surprised if Hayne would be unwilling to play either side given he hasn't spent his career as a centre previously?

Hayne and Jennings in the centres is the plan they would be working towards I imagine and all the noise is that they magically have the cap space to do it.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Jennings would be a good buy. He's played heaps of first grade and is pretty solid all round. I definitely wouldn't be paying him $750k per year though. If we could get the Eels to cover most of that in the first year then it would even out over a 2 year contract term and would be a much better deal imo.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Back ended.

I'd let Hodko go if it meant paying 600k of that tbh
Honestly, id rather keep him if that were the deal

Id not want to give away our back up half and pay a club like Manly that much to do it. Trent is now the no.4 choice in the halves so its not like we want him gone to keep him out of 1sts.

50% freight at most otherwisw its not worth it

Johns Magic

Referee
Honestly, id rather keep him if that were the deal

Id not want to give away our back up half and pay a club like Manly that much to do it. Trent is now the no.4 choice in the halves so its not like we want him gone to keep him out of 1sts.

50% freight at most otherwisw its not worth it

He is our 5th choice half.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Is that just your opinion or did Brown say or infer that?

Based on the later half of this year id still suggest Cogger is behind him

Johns Magic

Referee
Is that just your opinion or did Brown say or infer that?

Based on the latwr half of this year id still suggest Cogger is behind him

Brown has talked about Cogger a fair bit of late saying he is in the same boat as Lamb and is now ready for first-grade.

I don't think he's mentioned Hodkinson at all.

Hodkinson sounds like he is off to Manly but I am pretty confident Cogger would get a run before him at the Knights if they all end up staying.

Johns Magic

Referee
200K for a starting half and goalkicker? Get your hand off it Manly. Only way that's fair is if it's a multi-year contract for Hodko at more than 200k a season in which case we would probably do it for him.

TooheysNew

Coach
If that's what they want, I'd be inclined to eat the 200k to spite them. It's an insulting offer. Yeah Hodko has no knees, but we saw in the latter half of last season that he can still play.

Plus, if we gift them a half it makes it harder for us to make the 8.

Old dog

Juniors
Any money we make/save on Hodko let's use to keep Lamb and possibly Cogger for a year or two then see how we are all (halves) going. Will take 2018 to sort everything out and then we have injuries, need them for 2019 at least.

Dave_

Juniors
Surely there's no chance we accept that dud deal. 200k means nothing for us but Hodkinson means a lot to them. Why the hell would we do Manly a favour? They need him but we don't need 200k. Play hardball with the grubs, the shoes on the other foot now so let's stomp 'em with it.

Put it this way, Manly would never have given us a deal like that

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Surely there's no chance we accept that dud deal. 200k means nothing for us but Hodkinson means a lot to them. Why the hell would we do Manly a favour? They need him but we don't need 200k. Play hardball with the grubs, the shoes on the other foot now so let's stomp 'em with it.

Put it this way, Manly would never have given us a deal like that

100% we've been on the wrong end of these sorts of deals for a decade now. Time to rub it back in someone's face. Manly were stupid enough to release Blake Green and are now desperate for a replacement, so let's make them pay good money for the pleasure of taking Hodko off our hands.