What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over rated artists

Canard

Immortal
Part 4 of 216.

Simply Red
Daddy Cool
The Proclaimers
Tina Turner
Cher
Macklemore
Ed Sheeran
Vance Joy
Jonas Brothers
Oasis - I put this in because Blur shits all over them
Nicki Minaj
Lil Wayne
Kanye West

It is interesting to note when I was compiling the above list, I googled "the most over rated band/artist" and most of the bands I have mentioned are on Top 10/20/50 lists.

Oasis. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk yooooooooouuuuuuu :)

The only list the Proclaimers would be on is 2 hit wonder compilations.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
For f**king sure. Not to mention they've released what, 3 albums in 21 years?
But isn't that part of the appeal?

They can keep touring on the strength of three pretty f**king good albums, and put out new material with their individual solo/side projects.

In that same length of time Iron Maiden would have pumped out fifteen albums of varying levels of quality, gone through four singers, five drummers, fifty guitarists and you just hit the "meh, who gives a f**k?" stage. Putting up with Janick Gers was bad enough, then Blaze Bayley? f**k that nonsense.

I'm glad Tool didn't go down that path.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The first name that comes to mind is Kendrick Lamar.

Absolute rat shit.

Is that really what the kids love these days?

Oh and Courney Barnett might be the least talented singer/songwriter to ever get so much airtime on JJJ.

She belongs in an outback pub with no patrons. Awful.

Her voice sounds like self harm

bileduct

Coach
Oh shit yes. Origin of Symmetry is quality but f**king hell talk about self indulgent.

Any Aussie artist that JJJ pretends are objectively good are by definition overrated.
I still really like Showbiz, about half of Origin of Symmetry, and there's one or two good songs on Absolution. Everything after is that is just absolute pretentious horseshit.

mongoose

Coach
The first name that comes to mind is Kendrick Lamar.

Absolute rat shit.

Is that really what the kids love these days?

Oh and Courney Barnett might be the least talented singer/songwriter to ever get so much airtime on JJJ.

She belongs in an outback pub with no patrons. Awful.

Her voice sounds like self harm

HUMBLE is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. i like how this guy featured on a taylor swift song but has the JJJ hipster seal of approval.

edabomb

First Grade
When were they establishment?

Just their big crusade vs Ticketmaster. I'm not a huge fan but it always struck me as something they did to gain notoriety rather than any real stand. It always contrasted with how they were the most rock-radio friendly of that Seattle scene to me.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

They can keep touring on the strength of three pretty f**king good albums, and put out new material with their individual solo/side projects.

In that same length of time Iron Maiden would have pumped out fifteen albums of varying levels of quality, gone through four singers, five drummers, fifty guitarists and you just hit the "meh, who gives a f**k?" stage. Putting up with Janick Gers was bad enough, then Blaze Bayley? f**k that nonsense.

I'm glad Tool didn't go down that path.

That’s a shit comparison considering apart from the two albums with Bayley Maidens lineup has been remarkably stable since the mid 80s, just Gers replacing Smith for a while then Smith rejoining.

And their album output has been fairly steady and consistent too, they’ve never really phoned it in.

Black Sabbath would’ve bern a fair better example particularly in the 80s/90s when Iommi was the only constant.

bileduct

Coach
That’s a shit comparison considering apart from the two albums with Bayley Maidens lineup has been remarkably stable since the mid 80s, just Gers replacing Smith for a while then Smith rejoining.
Well it's interesting that you've gotta start from the mid-80's otherwise you might have had to mention Paul Di'Anno, Clive Burr, Dennis Stratten...

And their album output has been fairly steady and consistent too, they’ve never really phoned it in.
No Prayer for the Dying was absolutely phoned in and signaled the start of a terrible era for Iron Maiden that lasted throughout the entire 1990's. I was a massive Iron Maiden fan in the 80's and other than seeing a few shows after Bruce came back they've certainly not recaptured my interest.

This is one of the main reasons why:

Black Sabbath would’ve bern a fair better example particularly in the 80s/90s when Iommi was the only constant.
I don't disagree that Black Sabbath is a better example.

Latest posts