What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings is Pearce 2.0

betcats

Referee
You could tell as soon as he came into grade that this sort of stuff was going to happen, even without knowing the guy. He had 'I'm so great' written all over him but didn't have the next level talent to justify it.

I remember a try the Roosters scored in a drubbing of Souths (?) in his first year, where he threw a piss poor ball to Pearce who soccer kicked it through to score. Hastings performed like he'd just won the GF with a 75m field goal, running around taunting the crowd, pulling the fingers etc.

It's sad though, I know he's sought professional help in the past for how he deals with all of this.

Agree almost every time I saw him I thought the kid doesn't have what it takes attitude wise, the talent level may be debatable but he just looked like a little prick on the field all the time.

You would think he was desperate for another shot at the NRL after the Roosters moved him and no one really wanted him He would have pulled his head in and knuckled down.

cant understand why Manly bought Hastings and Lewis Brown

Probably because they did not have to pay big coin to sign them (in Hastings case at least) as he would have gotten some payout from the Roosters as they decided to cut him whilst he was still under contract.

macavity

Referee
Away from the field Hastings is an amiable young kid that can be quite likable.
Unfortunately he has moments where he is an absolute fruit cake, none of it has anything to do with drugs or alcohol. This seems to be exacerbated when on the field.
He can be like a 6 year old that hasn't been taught boundaries

Sounds like a mental illness... hope the dude gets some help.

Clifferd

Coach
Lol I’ve known Hastings since he was about 10. This doesn’t surprise me as he was always the most arrogant individual (and tbh was never even that good)

He’s another Mitchell Moses, just less talented

Helps to have a surname like his i suppose.

Last edited:

gunpk

Juniors
How much of a d1ck do you have to be to have teammates refusing to play with you?
Everyone that's played footy would've had one or two dickheads in their teams from under 6~7s but still played together

Lambretta

First Grade
Away from the field Hastings is an amiable young kid that can be quite likable.
Unfortunately he has moments where he is an absolute fruit cake, none of it has anything to do with drugs or alcohol. This seems to be exacerbated when on the field.
He can be like a 6 year old that hasn't been taught boundaries

It sounds like a form of personality disorder
Either that or he's never had his head pulled in and been made to see the error of his ways

Fingers crossed he works out how to deal with things as the lad does have some ability

Lambretta

First Grade
You would think he was desperate for another shot at the NRL after the Roosters moved him and no one really wanted him He would have pulled his head in and knuckled down.

You would have thought so, but some people have to fall further before they realise where they are

Manly are short of depth so getting rid of Jackson would be a ballsy move, but if the other players are refusing to have anything to do with him they have no choice.

If no one in the NRL will sign him now, what are his options? The Super League is about it

So what happens if Super League clubs pass? Will Jackson sit down with the Manly playing group and promise to do better? Will he be dropped to NSW Cup until his contract expires?

Whatever he does, he has to see that he can't carry on the way he's been going.
Something has to change. I wish him well.

betcats

Referee
Lol I’ve known Hastings since he was about 10. This doesn’t surprise me as he was always the most arrogant individual (and tbh was never even that good)

He’s another Mitchell Moses, just less talented

Helps to have a surname like his i suppose.

Yeah I find it hard to believe this guy is a nice young man away from the field. He just seems like a wanker through and through.

betcats

Referee

Especially after spending so much time commuting to and from wyong to play with tradies, he even did an interview about how humbling that experience was lol obviously that didn't stick.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeah I find it hard to believe this guy is a nice young man away from the field. He just seems like a wanker through and through.

Good blokes don't usually have to say "I'm actually a good bloke away from this situation (which takes up the majority of my life) which makes me seem like a complete merkin"

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pearce mark 2.0? So he's going to play shithouse for nsw for 10 f**king years and then head up to Newcastle and be hailed as a a God?

adamkungl

Immortal
This whole thing is fascinating.
For a coach to come out and admit he's dropping someone for being a serial merkin..
Normally this is the kind of thing they'd keep behind closed doors and shut down any rumours.

t-ba

Post Whore
This whole thing is fascinating.
For a coach to come out and admit he's dropping someone for being a serial merkin..
Normally this is the kind of thing they'd keep behind closed doors and shut down any rumours.

Welcome to the Penn Lunatic Asylum.