What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think we will struggle. The refs have given up on the play the ball and the ruck speed is now twice as quick as it was a few weeks ago and our defence goes to water when teams get quick play the balls. Also signs of the grind kicking in and Parra are a very good side when they get into gear
If we lose this we won’t deserve to make the 8.

They r shithouse & wouldn’t have beaten anyone else last wk except for the manly rabble.We have improved rapidly have been super competitive in all our matches.Weve lost 2 matches 1 due to an epic refereeing blunder & the other at the death in a game we were nowhere near our best in.

We will win this by 10-20pts.

Clifferd

Coach
I do think we are missing Packers leadership more than anything else, we are just lucky we’ve only played manly and Knights during his absence. Hopefully Mats and a couple others stand up

Agree with Ted though these are the games we should be winning, just like last week. No excuses

super_coach

First Grade
Sadly I think we are in for hard long day at the office. I think its all about momentum and ours seems to have stalled while Parra seems to have started. Of course I could be way off the mark, but Newcastle last week gave 15 clubs a road map how to beat us. Anyway you can take heart because I am often wrong.

Vozzy

Juniors
Chance Fonua will play wing and Taylor being out does Grant come in. We have good depth if Grant is 5th - 6th inline for Prop forwards. He used to start for us.

Fonua needs to take his chance no better time to do so. Last week was not our best performance but we completed at 92% and Knights 88% so was just a high quality game in which we lost by 2. The boys have done well even if we lose again won't be lack of effort. Ivan said before round 1 there will be hard times. We have set ourselves up before origin starts where I think we will do well.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Win and we’re in 2nd or 3rd. Lose and we’re 5th but it means we may drop out of the 8 if we have another loss next week away to the warriors. Hugely important game in the context of the year.

lingard

Coach
I can’t think of a more braindead amateurish pathetic organisation than the NRL hierarchy.The fact that the ignorant gump P.Beattie was appointed as chairman of the commission demonstrates the appalling judgement of the decision makers.

So in 8 rounds in a comp with 16 teams we would’ve played 6 teams instead of 8.U wouldnt dream this level of stupidity !

Have a look at Parramatta's draw, mate.
We've got Manly, Tigers, Sharks, twice in the first 10 rounds. Absolute joke.

Das Hassler

Bench
But i'll bet that prior to season kickoff you ( top 4 / title favourites) would have been happy to be having the spoon favourites and an internal drama plagued penrith twice ....play the cards you're dealt in good grace...Tigers have

macnaz

Staff member
But i'll bet that prior to season kickoff you ( top 4 / title favourites) would have been happy to be having the spoon favourites and an internal drama plagued penrith twice ....play the cards you're dealt in good grace...Tigers have
Especially when they had a dream draw in 2017 .

magpie4ever

First Grade
The wheels have fallen off.

I don't believe they will be on the end of hidings, but they can't put together an 80 minute game and go on with it when they lead.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Hate to say it but Benji has probably cost us two weeks in a row now

Oh well, onto next week now