What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 V Melbourne

ozbuck

Juniors
I recall that particular incident, but no, Dugan wasn't offside as you claim.

Whoever the referees' boss at the time (Harrigan?) came out in the media, and said so.

Oh well. If checcin really hates us and is against us like your limited beliefs lead you to see he must have had total change of heart.

He could've purposely ignored the call by the other ref in the first half to penalise the storm which would've lead to a storm try.... Just like he apparently purposely ignored the siren a few years ago.

And gee, he called quite a few line ball passes forward by the storm too...easily could've let those go if he wanted.

Big change of heart by him... Or possibly he is just a human being reffing a game and sometimes the calls go for us and against us.

But keep believing your little victim story that checchin is purposely seeking out to ruin our day. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story old fella

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am happy with the score, but if I was coach, I would not be entirely happy with our performance. Nightingale and Aitken were exposed very badly on our right side. Nightingale's lack of speed is a liability in attack and defence. Dufty has to get more involved. He should be sniffing around the ruck. He has to take a leaf out of Slater's book. Our ball control was very poor in the first half. I thought Hunt was quite today. Our kicking game could have been better. I think the scoreline flattered us.

I could not believe that the refs disallowed Melbourne's try in the first half, if that happened to us, I would have been spewing big time.

I thought Aitken's second try was a shepard.

I think we can play a lot better than we did today. I also think that Melbourne can play a lot better than they did today. Melbourne were missing Bromwich and Scott.

It is good to be 8 wins from 9 games. Who would have predicted that at the start of the season? lol

How sweet it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see the crowd singing with 15 to go.

Excellent defence generally.

Congrats to all the players for their efforts.

We now have a buffer.

Host injured in ISP.

Time to get Sele in to the squad, before the on going wear and tear becomes a factor.

getsmarty

Immortal
Oh well. If checcin really hates us and is against us like your limited beliefs lead you to see he must have had total change of heart.

He could've purposely ignored the call by the other ref in the first half to penalise the storm which would've lead to a storm try.... Just like he apparently purposely ignored the siren a few years ago.

And gee, he called quite a few line ball passes forward by the storm too...easily could've let those go if he wanted.

Big change of heart by him... Or possibly he is just a human being reffing a game and sometimes the calls go for us and against us.

But keep believing your little victim story that checchin is purposely seeking out to ruin our day. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story old fella

Could have something to do with the sin binning of Smith..wasn't that Cechin ? Also the constant calls (Finally ) from the press that Smith manipulates the Refs....The public has had enough...The Storm threw heaps of Forward passes today that were not called...they held down in the ruck longer than most other teams...there were also a number of cheap shots...

All I can say is Sucked in Storm...the dirtiest team on the NRL....hopefully the refs start to call them more and more on their illegal plays.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I
Started well, went into a shell, held tight & then burned them. Our right side defence is a massive concern but, you know what, it has been all year & we still keep winning. I’m just going to savour it.
We have a very good team here.
Yeah I agree Nighty got burnt several times today ....but we thought that would be the case.....what we didnt think was the final score line.....go the Red V you beauties

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I am happy with the score, but if I was coach, I would not be entirely happy with our performance. Nightingale and Aitken were exposed very badly on our right side. Nightingale's lack of speed is a liability in attack and defence. Dufty has to get more involved. He should be sniffing around the ruck. He has to take a leaf out of Slater's book. Our ball control was very poor in the first half. I thought Hunt was quite today. Our kicking game could have been better. I think the scoreline flattered us.

I could not believe that the refs disallowed Melbourne's try in the first half, if that happened to us, I would have been spewing big time.

I thought Aitken's second try was a shepard.

I think we can play a lot better than we did today. I also think that Melbourne can play a lot better than they did today. Melbourne were missing Bromwich and Scott.

It is good to be 8 wins from 9 games. Who would have predicted that at the start of the season? lol
it took a superstar backline to get past them but there were plenty of issues there too, hope they can sort that out before the return bout at the end of September.

Bench
This was our biggest test so far this season. We are the real deal. We deserve to be favourites now.
Lafaii (my man) another awsome game in defence and attack. Aitken, he is a gun.
The ball didn’t get to Dufty but he was solid. All played well and just need to address the defence on our right side.

Latest posts