What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 V Melbourne

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I am happy with the score, but if I was coach, I would not be entirely happy with our performance. Nightingale and Aitken were exposed very badly on our right side. Nightingale's lack of speed is a liability in attack and defence. Dufty has to get more involved. He should be sniffing around the ruck. He has to take a leaf out of Slater's book. Our ball control was very poor in the first half. I thought Hunt was quite today. Our kicking game could have been better. I think the scoreline flattered us.

I could not believe that the refs disallowed Melbourne's try in the first half, if that happened to us, I would have been spewing big time.

I thought Aitken's second try was a shepard.

I think we can play a lot better than we did today. I also think that Melbourne can play a lot better than they did today. Melbourne were missing Bromwich and Scott.

It is good to be 8 wins from 9 games. Who would have predicted that at the start of the season? lol
huh? not even Smith thought it was a shepherd and it was him most likely affected.

gitano

Juniors
I am happy with the score, but if I was coach, I would not be entirely happy with our performance. Nightingale and Aitken were exposed very badly on our right side. Nightingale's lack of speed is a liability in attack and defence. Dufty has to get more involved. He should be sniffing around the ruck. He has to take a leaf out of Slater's book. Our ball control was very poor in the first half. I thought Hunt was quite today. Our kicking game could have been better. I think the scoreline flattered us.

I could not believe that the refs disallowed Melbourne's try in the first half, if that happened to us, I would have been spewing big time.

I think we can play a lot better than we did today. I also think that Melbourne can play a lot better than they did today. Melbourne were missing Bromwich and Scott.

It is good to be 8 wins from 9 games. Who would have predicted that at the start of the season? lol
Haha. Keep floggin that dead horse, Frank.

You were obviously completely wrong about Aitken. Don't let it get to you!

SAP58

Juniors

I agree our right side defence s a concern, I have written this a number of times this year and I will do so again......why don’t wingers stay on their opposing winger. We were taught from a very young age that wingers stay on their man no matter what, unfortunately ours both do it particularly Nightingale. Today in all of Addo Car tries he was left marking no one. It must also have an influence on the men inside him. I am not defending Aitken but it seems to be more prevalent this year than previous & it drives me mad as my neighbours certainly know !

ouryears

Bench
How do you say blue in Klingon? Euan!!
To all the guys on this forum who talked up our chances this week, and there were many inc me yes, you bloody legends!
You had the faith and prepared to put your loyalty and tipping arses on the line

To the few who said we would be shown up badly, that we had no chance, enjoy the win ...but realise you said we would not do it!

WE WON WE WON WE WON!!!

And Mary out coached the myth!!
He got our boys believing and he got them up.

Oh when the saints. Oh when the saints

Oh when the saints go marching in..

Gareth67

First Grade
Am just about speechless, what a grand performance from the boys and in front of a big Kogarah home crowd - that's what rugby league is all about ! A big gold star to Mary as he has used the players to the best of their ability and you cannot do more then that and what about Mr. Widdop's 5 star performance with that boot of his .

The sour grapes award must go to Cameron Smith for complaining to the ref about what appeared to be a perfectly legal try ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) . For pity sake man , mistakes are made by the referees as they are only human - there is no need to carry on about it , we certainly don't lol !

And Bellamy I can only advise him to take a few BEX powders during the game , that bloke will have a bluudy heart attack one of these days live on air . And finally to mickylane I have only 1 question - who are we playing in the Grand Final ?

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Oh well. If checcin really hates us and is against us like your limited beliefs lead you to see he must have had total change of heart.

He could've purposely ignored the call by the other ref in the first half to penalise the storm which would've lead to a storm try.... Just like he apparently purposely ignored the siren a few years ago.

And gee, he called quite a few line ball passes forward by the storm too...easily could've let those go if he wanted.

Big change of heart by him... Or possibly he is just a human being reffing a game and sometimes the calls go for us and against us.

But keep believing your little victim story that checchin is purposely seeking out to ruin our day. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story old fella

It appears the term "home ground advantage" has escaped your reasoning.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Agree with most of what you’ve said but didn’t think our try was a obstruction.

We had some luck with a couple of disallowed tries that could of easily gone against us but we continued to press on.

Whoever wins the comp, needs things to go their way...... ref decisions, injuries etc.

Maybe the football gods are smiling on us this year.

Either way, we must be in with a show.

mickeylane

Bench
Agree with most of what you’ve said but didn’t think our try was a obstruction.

We had some luck with a couple of disallowed tries that could of easily gone against us but we continued to press on.

Whoever wins the comp, needs things to go their way...... ref decisions, injuries etc.

Maybe the football gods are smiling on us this year.

Either way, we must be in with a show.
cant be obstruction he wasn't moving and had planted his feet as soon as the ball was plAyed.. On the other hand JAC try was a try .. Good rub of the green today but you can't deny we put 30+ on the Storm today!!

Latest posts