What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its Time To Sell The Injured Adam Reynolds

Rabbits20

Immortal
As you know I'm no great fan of AR but I do think he has shown recently that he has made some progress to regaining form.
I think too many are being far too harsh on him.

He has ran the ball a little more too!

Angus needs to help him better in defence.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths should sell Reynolds. He has been poor again this season with Gagai and Crichton only scoring 1 try between them as Reynolds cannot feed them any quality ball

However you can only sell if there are buyers. I cannot see any buyers for Reynolds based on his performances over the last 18 months. Souths are stuck with him for the next 3.5 years

Frank Facer

First Grade
Souths should sell Reynolds. He has been poor again this season with Gagai and Crichton only scoring 1 try between them as Reynolds cannot feed them any quality ball

However you can only sell if there are buyers. I cannot see any buyers for Reynolds based on his performances over the last 18 months. Souths are stuck with him for the next 3.5 years
I think you made a very good point saying Reynolds can't feed Crichton and Gagai any quality ball. It makes a lot of sense to me. Crichton was killing it last year for Souths, but has only been playing a trademans role for them this year. Gagai is also an attacking weapon who needs to receive quality ball too.

I also agree with you that Souths would have trouble selling Adam Overrated Reynolds and would have to pay a lot of his salary to offload him. What clubs would be interested in Reynolds? He is also injury prone too. He defence was atrocious the other night too.

Travitoh

First Grade
AR tackling at 78.2%
1 ta 2 lba 5 fdo 79.2% gk

AD 73.7%
1 ta 1 lba 1 fdo 60.0% gk

While AR's stats aren't flattering, AD's don't read that he is a better option and reason to dump a premiership winning NSW rep.

doyen

Bench
AR tackling at 78.2%
1 ta 2 lba 5 fdo 79.2% gk

AD 73.7%
1 ta 1 lba 1 fdo 60.0% gk

While AR's stats aren't flattering, AD's don't read that he is a better option and reason to dump a premiership winning NSW rep.

Adam's been our half since 2012[about 7 seasons].Douehii has played 3 or 4 games!

AR is on the way out & Douehii on the way up. Douehii is in the adjustment stage,establishing himself. He has performed excellently for a rookie. Hawkins & Tracey,both very good players, are waiting in line too.
I can't really see AR regaining anywhere near his previous best.His body & his confidence are shot.
He's lucky he's a champion goal-kicker!!!!!!

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Sell to who? No one would take him. Suffer in your jocks if that merkin is on your books beyond this season. Best hope otherwise is convince him to retire and hope the insurance company pays out but that'd be a long shot with his history.

Rabbits20

Immortal
AR had a disrupted pre season and early on this year too with injury.

Let's see how he goes next couple of weeks.

Yes criticism is sure warranted but I feel some in general on social media are going overboard.

I hope he smashes it and wins us the game on Friday.

Travitoh

First Grade
Adam's been our half since 2012[about 7 seasons].Douehii has played 3 or 4 games!

AR is on the way out & Douehii on the way up. Douehii is in the adjustment stage,establishing himself. He has performed excellently for a rookie. Hawkins & Tracey,both very good players, are waiting in line too.
I can't really see AR regaining anywhere near his previous best.His body & his confidence are shot.
He's lucky he's a champion goal-kicker!!!!!!

My point is that Doueihi is yet to prove that he is a better option than AR. He's started promisingly, granted, but then so did Joe Williams.
Don't behead the chicken before the egg has hatched.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If we manage to keep Hawkins from the sharks I believe he’s the succession plan to Arey. (If Tracey can’t push as well). Both players are still a year or two away from playing first grade so I think we’re stuck with Arey anyway. I don’t think Doueihi expects to be thrown in as a full time halfback. Probably better if we ease him into first grades

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we manage to keep Hawkins from the sharks I believe he’s the succession plan to Arey. (If Tracey can’t push as well). Both players are still a year or two away from playing first grade so I think we’re stuck with Arey anyway. I don’t think Doueihi expects to be thrown in as a full time halfback. Probably better if we ease him into first grades
The AR ship hasn't sailed yet.

He may find top form again.

I'm not counting him out.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think we should direct a lot of big forwards at Adam Overrated Reynolds this weekend. I don't think he wants anything to do with tackling big hard running forwards. He defence has been pathetic this year.

Latest posts