What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford. Why can't they sell cars?

Agree with ^^^^ most of that. Wouldn't know about AFL but Manly is hated for reasons other than that. My Father goes for Manly and I do not. Dad always had Fords though.
We did stuff in the 70s like buying players like Les Boyd who spent more time suspended than playing

Easts bought our immortal and Paul Vautin when he was captain, where's the hate for them?

Something every team does these days other than strangely enough manly as most of our talent recently has been home grown or journeymen

Currently we have Tapau and Walker as big name purchases

We did stuff in the 70s like buying players like Les Boyd who spent more time suspended than playing

Easts bought our immortal and Paul Vautin when he was captain, where's the hate for them?

Something every team does these days other than strangely enough manly as most of our talent recently has been home grown or journeymen

Currently we have Tapau and Walker as big name purchases
Everyone hates the Roosters unless they are playing Manly.
Yeah lol, All Manly ever did to deserve hate was poach Boyd lol.
The point is that Manly hate is a well deserved phenomenon that is logical to all except Manly fans and younger fans. You don't have to like it but it's the truth.

Everyone hates the Roosters unless they are playing Manly.
Yeah lol, All Manly ever did to deserve hate was poach Boyd lol.
The point is that Manly hate is a well deserved phenomenon that is logical to all except Manly fans and younger fans. You don't have to like it but it's the truth.
Like what?

Oh also I hate the Ranger, penis extending mcnugget

I love my car, 5 star safety rating and more speed than most hsvs which creates tears

Like what?

Oh also I hate the Ranger, penis extending mcnugget

I love my car, 5 star safety rating and more speed than most hsvs which creates tears
Like having Hartley in the bag, like benefiting from Arko's influence with the NSWRL, like thinking they were/are gods gift to RL and like what they did to Norths for starters. i don't want to stink up this thread with it. I'll hate them If I want and nothing can change that. Most people go for their own team and whoever is playing Manly for good reason.

Like having Hartley in the bag, like benefiting from Arko's influence with the NSWRL, like thinking they were/are gods gift to RL and like what they did to Norths for starters. i don't want to stink up this thread with it. I'll hate them If I want and nothing can change that. Most people go for their own team and whoever is playing Manly for good reason.
Because daddy told them to

Hartley lol

Arko wasn't biased compared to Greenberg

What the NRL and Norths did to Norths, Brett screwed Brett

Anyway story time

My gf was always a Holden girl like her dad, we decided the VY was just at the end of it's cycle so we go out to dealers, I suggest she test drives a falcon

Nope nope

We went for a spin in this red VE SV6, hot looking car etc. good inside and out and we try to take a grand off the sticker which would've made it $20k, they didn't and later rang trying to get the sticker price

What they didn't know was she'd by choice pulled into Ford and took an FG for a spin

We hadn't even gotten to the road and she was converted, I laughed and said 'yeah nah let's actually test it'

Not for a second did she want that commode after trying the dark side

Anyway 3 months later a f**kwit destroyed a ute behind her and her car she got another fg

Anyway story time

My gf was always a Holden girl like her dad, we decided the VY was just at the end of it's cycle so we go out to dealers, I suggest she test drives a falcon

Nope nope

We went for a spin in this red VE SV6, hot looking car etc. good inside and out and we try to take a grand off the sticker which would've made it $20k, they didn't and later rang trying to get the sticker price

What they didn't know was she'd by choice pulled into Ford and took an FG for a spin

We hadn't even gotten to the road and she was converted, I laughed and said 'yeah nah let's actually test it'

Not for a second did she want that commode after trying the dark side

Anyway 3 months later a f**kwit destroyed a ute behind her and her car she got another fg
That's a heartwarming story. I'd be more interested however in what brand of car your father bought and what footy team he went for?

He never drove

He went for manly and hates parra

I hate souffs and their f**kwitted inbred fans
I won't cast aspersions as to why your father never drove but would be interested to know why if you a) know and b) feel like sharing?
I go for Parra and absolutely hate Manly with a blinding passion. If for no other reason than it's my duty to do so.
What was it you were saying about fathers before ?

Lambretta

First Grade
I’ve never understood the Australian obsession with rebadged Vauxhalls.

Rebadged f**king Daewoos more like...

How the hell did that useless piece of shit the Cruze outsell the Focus?

Thats like saying I don't want a Samsung Galaxy, I want to pay the same money for Oppo A37.

Then there's the Captiva, the Trax etc
All outsell quality European cars at the same price.

If you're going to buy a Korean car buyva Hyundai or a Kia

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Rebadged f**king Daewoos more like...

How the hell did that useless piece of shit the Cruze outsell the Focus?

Thats like saying I don't want a Samsung Galaxy, I want to pay the same money for Oppo A37.

Then there's the Captiva, the Trax etc
All outsell quality European cars at the same price.

If you're going to buy a Korean car buyva Hyundai or a Kia
sounds like someone needs a crash-course in brand equity...

Danish

Referee
Nobody likes ford. In the US, Ford is cancelling all car sales bar the mustang, and focusing solely on SUVs and trucks.

Personally I think it’s because Ford just has a horrible brand image. It’s boring as f**k. Their interior designs for a long time we’re just a sea of cheap plastics and terrible lines that no amount of features or bright paint jobs could make up for.

Lambretta

First Grade
Danish. You are 100% right about brand image and you've probably hit the nail on the head as to why. Poor interior design and material quality for too long

They are not able to recover even when they have quality products

I get the impression Ford think they are a rival to VW and position themselves accordingly

The public believes they are just Kias with worse warranties. If you're going for a bargain basement product buy the one that backs their work with peace of mind.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Blame the Falcon for a lot of it. For decades it was Ford Australian’s flagship vehicle, then Ford decide to turn it into a butt-ugly taxi.