What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears to take manly licence ?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If manly had made northern eagles work and not killed it..

They wouldn't be in this position ..

Over time if they invested time and effort into Central coast they would have had 20000 members from cc area alone.. and would be profitable ..

Even when norths were taken out of the merger .they could have kept up a presence on Central coast

f**k them

GongPanther

Referee
That's all I have against the bears

That parasite is probably part of the reason the Northern Phoenix failed
He and the whole Norf Sydney lot have had the shits since Darryl Halligan's goal kicking effort V Panthers in the 1991 major semi-final,when he kicked 1 from 5 to lose a GF birth by 2 points. :)

jim_57

Staff member
I always wanted them back up until Florimo started trying to eat the carcass of any team that looked remotely like falling over. The Sharks, Tigers, Titans and now the "consortium" doing it to Manly.
Roll over Bears fans, they're dead.

I think a lot of people feel like this, add in Perth too. I think they've played their hand and lost on the Central Coast and the vulture mentality won't help them. Best bet would be setting up in a prime expansion location with no existing major bid and doing work in the community there and setting up a bid team for that city. Adelaide, Wellington or Christchurch would probably be their best bets.

justdave

Juniors
If manly had made northern eagles work and not killed it..

They wouldn't be in this position ..

Over time if they invested time and effort into Central coast they would have had 20000 members from cc area alone.. and would be profitable ..

Even when norths were taken out of the merger .they could have kept up a presence on Central coast

f**k them
I think you meant if North’s had made the Northern Eagles work and not killed it...

Norths were stabbing each other in the back

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So, let's just say that Manly fold - let's just pretend for a minute....

We know that the NRL have said no more bailing clubs out. So what do the NRL do? These are the options that I can see:

• Move the Sea Eagles brand to the Central Coast
  • Let the brand die or resurect itself in the NSW Cup and give the licence to Perth, Brisbane 2 or NZ2
  • Give the licence to the Bears to be the North Sydney team
  • Send the Sea Eagles brand to South Australia to begin laying the ground work for re-inclusion in 10 - 15 years time as the Adelaide Sea Eagles
Can anyone think of any other options? My preference, if this scenario were to happen would be Eagles brand to Central Coast. What do others prefer?

LineBall

Juniors

We know that the NRL have said no more bailing clubs out. So what do the NRL do? These are the options that I can see:

• Let the brand die or resurect itself in the NSW Cup and give the licence to Perth, Brisbane 2 or NZ2
  • Send the Sea Eagles brand to South Australia to begin laying the ground work for re-inclusion in 10 - 15 years time as the Adelaide Sea Eagles
Can anyone think of any other options? My preference, if this scenario were to happen would be Eagles brand to Central Coast. What do others prefer?

Manly to central coast would be best IMO. Giving the bears the licence - well they are jumping into the same boat that Manly are currently in. North Sydney Oval isn't up to scratch for NRL games, and I doubt they would want to play out of Brookvale. They could play out of Central coast - but again, why not just put the Sea Eagles there. Bears would be better coming in as a team in new NRL territory such as Perth, Adelaide, Wellington etc.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Manly to central coast would be best IMO. Giving the bears the licence - well they are jumping into the same boat that Manly are currently in. North Sydney Oval isn't up to scratch for NRL games, and I doubt they would want to play out of Brookvale. They could play out of Central coast - but again, why not just put the Sea Eagles there. Bears would be better coming in as a team in new NRL territory such as Perth, Adelaide, Wellington etc.

Agreed - I would go Sea Eagles to Central Coast and tell the Bears that if they want back in, go and set up shop in Adelaide, do the ground-work and give them the assurance that they will be the only bid called apon when the time comes in Adelaide.

adamkungl

Immortal

Sea Eagles to NSW Cup and launch a new club representing the Central Coast and Northern Sydney.
Both the Bears and Sea Eagles are obstructions to progress.

King hit

Coach
He and the whole Norf Sydney lot have had the shits since Darryl Halligan's goal kicking effort V Panthers in the 1991 major semi-final,when he kicked 1 from 5 to lose a GF birth by 2 points. :)

Or if Jason Taylor had landed a single goal in 1997 where the Bears lost by 5 and could've hit the lead in the dying minutes.

siv

First Grade

Previously when Newcastle and Cronulla were about to fold

The Bears were put on notice to be ready to step in

So you would assume they would get first option

BUT

the reality is what competition structure strategy are the NRL really targeting 14 team 26 rounds / 16 team 24 rounds / 18 team 25 rounds

No one knows

siv

First Grade

Why do people keep thinking Manly and the CC are one region ?

Theres no transport link between the two

In fact to travel by public transport you have to go into the city by bus and then back out on a country train

You have to traverse
- Norths territory
- Easts territory
- Souths territory
- former Jets territory
- Balmain territory
- Wests territory
- Parramatta territory
- Norths territory again

Then you finally arrive in CC territory

t-ba

Post Whore
Noe now there is a highly infrequent ferry between the two!

There are also shitfully bad Forest busses to Chatswood that barely run on the weekends