What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Sunday 13th May v Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
True. I’ve got a mate doing the same thing and at times it’s hard to tell if it’s a good or bad thing
Never done it myself, been a helping hand for friends and family building houses. It's all consuming, especially working to a deadline when a Tradie is coming on a set date.

doyen

Bench
View attachment 19927
NO FEAR FELLAS....22...IT'S WRITTEN!

SAINTS are the benchmark so where does that put Sths after today's result!????

Sths are a very,very good side & we can thank SEIBS for bringing out the best in ALL[& I mean all]players!!
They all appear to be playing their natural games & are untethered,NOT like in previous years under Madge's unimaginative style!
COOK goes from strength to strength under Seibs after battling week after week for his spot under Maguire!! An amazing transformation for him.
The twins are now a tower of strength & we need to get them under lock & key if they haven't yet been re-signed.

southsport

First Grade
Well done Bunnies. Beaten by a better side today who really took it to us in a similar way to the Warriors a few rounds ago.
Enjoy the win.
Thanks mate, you're a good sport, I didn't expect the win to be honest but I was happily surprised.

callmack1

Staff member
Yea boys!! I'm so friggin happy right now!! We have just beaten the benchmark of the comp with a fantastic, gritty win, gee that feels good. Only the second team to do so this year, gee wiz I'm so pumped!!

In attack, I thought it was really good considering the conditions. We started really fast and had the Dragons on the back foot for the whole game in greasy conditions which wouldn't of been easy at all, especially not against a quality side like St George Illawarra. We scored some fantastic tries too and looked quite slick in attack. One thing I did like too is that we didn't go into our shell after taking the early lead like last week. Yes, it was a long time until our third try but we were still throwing the ball around with freeedom trying to attack rather than just the one out stuff. This was good to see. The energy was up all game, even with all the defence we had to do and the boys remained up the whole game. One thing I will say is that although it was pretty good, we still need to be a bit more clinical. We would've scored many more tries if a few passes at the death went to hand, that could be indicitive of the conditions though. I was also a little disappointed how we turned the ball over so cheaply at times, thankfully, we were good enough to hold on.

Defence was the best part of this game though. Just like Round 5, we turned them away time and time again in what was a fantastic defensive showing and I mean fantastic! They are the best attacking side in the comp and we just frustrated them on the edges, they just couldn't score. We applied pressure and forced them into making mistakes. The belief never wavered and man, it was good to watch our boys dig in like this. The two tries to Frizell were a little soft but by then the game was already gone. A big improvement on the defence today and let's hope we can keep it up.

Johnston: Was good. Wasn't as involved as last week but tbh, he didn't really need to be. He just chimed in at the right times and when he did have the ball, he was dangerous. His kick returns are getting stronger and stronger too. One other thing I noticed was that he was doing a lot of defensive organisation on our line, barking orders on where everyone should be. I know this is a fullback's role but imo, it's been an area that AJ has been lacking in but he seems to have improved big time.

Graham: Awesome performance. He looked so comfortable the whole game under the high ball and in defence and he came up with some great plays in both these areas. A very strong running game and was rewarded with a try through determination. I like this kid.

Inglis: One of his quieter games but still did a great job. Like AJ, he just chimed in when needed and did his job to perfection. Had a strong running game and I thought he outplayed Dufty today. Also, how fitting that he scores in Indigenous Round? That was a great moment.

Gagai: A great game from Gags. He just kept coming all day with his strong runs and gee, he had a really high involvement which is great to see. What's more, he was able to generate quick play-the-balls which got our sets off to a nice start. In defence, he still came up with a few poor misses but then again, had some great moments to shut down the likes of Dufty and Lafai. I think it was a much improved defensive game from Gagai, he seems to be getting better every week.

Hunt: He wasn't bad but tbh, I wasn't relly impressed. He did do a lot of work which is great but got pushed back a fair bit on a lot of runs. Thankfully, it didn't cost us but he coughed up the ball on the first tackle and one point and that is not acceptable in the NRL. A finished a nice try though and like I say, he wasn't bad, I just wasn't really impressed.

Walker: A typical game from him. Just always lurking around and created so many chances for his outside men through his running game. He was a real live wire for much of the match and asked questions every time he touched the ball like always. I was a little disappointed that he wasn't able to finish off a few set plays with his final pass going behind Hunt a few times but it was otherwise a great performance.

Reynolds: Outstanding. A nice game from him today. For the most part, an on point kicking game which pressured the back three and off the back of a good chase, we were able to trap the Dragons in their own 20 meter zone many times. I loved seeing him take on the line too, this is really great to see as it makes him a lot less one dimensional. Reyno is growing in confidence and it's really starting to show.

T.Burgess: Was good. Obviously wasn't his most explosive game but he did his job brilliantly and that's all you can ask. Punched out a couple of great stints and provided a great platform with his hard running and high work rate.

Cook: Like Tom, not his most electric game but he was still fantastic and played all over McInnes today. He picked the time to run beautifully and still troubled the defence a lot, almost broke through a few times. His service from dummy half was on point and as always, got through plenty of tackles.

G.Burgess: See comments for Tom as I feel George had a similar game. One thing I will add is that George was great in defence. I can recall a couple of times where they'd make a half break and almost be through but George came in shut it down which was great to see.

Sutton: Was great. Did his job with strong runs that always got their defence on the back foot. I love how he's starting to come back on an angle a few times and it just created that uncertainty for the Dragons. Gee I'm loving Sutto this year.

Crichton: What a performance, probably our best today. Friggin great runs off Reyno, changing the angle and he almost cut through many times. Was so busy too, I think he finished up with around 200 meters which is just awesome. In defence he looked better too as him and Reyno seemed to communicate a bit better. And then that try! that was barnstorming, what an effort from Gussy today!

S.Burgess: Man, it's great to have him back and he was his usual self. Provided so, so much. Fantastic, aggressive runs and he out-muscled the Dragons pack. What's more, his late footwork really troubled them and it added a new element to his game. Loved havig him back.

Doueihi: Didn't get on so not much to say.

Murray: Excellent in the role that he played. Came on provided an impact as he went looking for action and looked really hungry. Hope to see him return to the starting side next week.

Clark: Is becoming a great impact off the bench and this game was no different, he's all energy when he comes on. Runs hard and makes his mark on the game. I loved the recption from the crowd he got when he came on too!

Tatola: Great impact. I just love how almost every run he has is at full tit and that was no different today, a nice game. Junior seems to love ball playing too which is awesome.

Our forwards won us the game today as they got the upper hand over one of the best packs in the comp. Additionally, I think they all made over twenty tackles which is just fantastic.

Overall, what a performance. We've beat the competition leaders and man, that'll give us some confidence. I'm so friggin happy!

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Yea boys!! I'm so friggin happy right now!! We have just beaten the benchmark of the comp with a fantastic, gritty win, gee that feels good. Only the second team to do so this year, gee wiz I'm so pumped!!

In attack, I thought it was really good considering the conditions. We started really fast and had the Dragons on the back foot for the whole game in greasy conditions which wouldn't of been easy at all, especially not against a quality side like St George Illawarra. We scored some fantastic tries too and looked quite slick in attack. One thing I did like too is that we didn't go into our shell after taking the early lead like last week. Yes, it was a long time until our third try but we were still throwing the ball around with freeedom trying to attack rather than just the one out stuff. This was good to see. The energy was up all game, even with all the defence we had to do and the boys remained up the whole game. One thing I will say is that although it was pretty good, we still need to be a bit more clinical. We would've scored many more tries if a few passes at the death went to hand, that could be indicitive of the conditions though. I was also a little disappointed how we turned the ball over so cheaply at times, thankfully, we were good enough to hold on.

Defence was the best part of this game though. Just like Round 5, we turned them away time and time again in what was a fantastic defensive showing and I mean fantastic! They are the best attacking side in the comp and we just frustrated them on the edges, they just couldn't score. We applied pressure and forced them into making mistakes. The belief never wavered and man, it was good to watch our boys dig in like this. The two tries to Frizell were a little soft but by then the game was already gone. A big improvement on the defence today and let's hope we can keep it up.

Johnston: Was good. Wasn't as involved as last week but tbh, he didn't really need to be. He just chimed in at the right times and when he did have the ball, he was dangerous. His kick returns are getting stronger and stronger too. One other thing I noticed was that he was doing a lot of defensive organisation on our line, barking orders on where everyone should be. I know this is a fullback's role but imo, it's been an area that AJ has been lacking in but he seems to have improved big time.

Graham: Awesome performance. He looked so comfortable the whole game under the high ball and in defence and he came up with some great plays in both these areas. A very strong running game and was rewarded with a try through determination. I like this kid.

Inglis: One of his quieter games but still did a great job. Like AJ, he just chimed in when needed and did his job to perfection. Had a strong running game and I thought he outplayed Dufty today. Also, how fitting that he scores in Indigenous Round? That was a great moment.

Gagai: A great game from Gags. He just kept coming all day with his strong runs and gee, he had a really high involvement which is great to see. What's more, he was able to generate quick play-the-balls which got our sets off to a nice start. In defence, he still came up with a few poor misses but then again, had some great moments to shut down the likes of Dufty and Lafai. I think it was a much improved defensive game from Gagai, he seems to be getting better every week.

Hunt: He wasn't bad but tbh, I wasn't relly impressed. He did do a lot of work which is great but got pushed back a fair bit on a lot of runs. Thankfully, it didn't cost us but he coughed up the ball on the first tackle and one point and that is not acceptable in the NRL. A finished a nice try though and like I say, he wasn't bad, I just wasn't really impressed.

Walker: A typical game from him. Just always lurking around and created so many chances for his outside men through his running game. He was a real live wire for much of the match and asked questions every time he touched the ball like always. I was a little disappointed that he wasn't able to finish off a few set plays with his final pass going behind Hunt a few times but it was otherwise a great performance.

Reynolds: Outstanding. A nice game from him today. For the most part, an on point kicking game which pressured the back three and off the back of a good chase, we were able to trap the Dragons in their own 20 meter zone many times. I loved seeing him take on the line too, this is really great to see as it makes him a lot less one dimensional. Reyno is growing in confidence and it's really starting to show.

T.Burgess: Was good. Obviously wasn't his most explosive game but he did his job brilliantly and that's all you can ask. Punched out a couple of great stints and provided a great platform with his hard running and high work rate.

Cook: Like Tom, not his most electric game but he was still fantastic and played all over McInnes today. He picked the time to run beautifully and still troubled the defence a lot, almost broke through a few times. His service from dummy half was on point and as always, got through plenty of tackles.

G.Burgess: See comments for Tom as I feel George had a similar game. One thing I will add is that George was great in defence. I can recall a couple of times where they'd make a half break and almost be through but George came in shut it down which was great to see.

Sutton: Was great. Did his job with strong runs that always got their defence on the back foot. I love how he's starting to come back on an angle a few times and it just created that uncertainty for the Dragons. Gee I'm loving Sutto this year.

Crichton: What a performance, probably our best today. Friggin great runs off Reyno, changing the angle and he almost cut through many times. Was so busy too, I think he finished up with around 200 meters which is just awesome. In defence he looked better too as him and Reyno seemed to communicate a bit better. And then that try! that was barnstorming, what an effort from Gussy today!

S.Burgess: Man, it's great to have him back and he was his usual self. Provided so, so much. Fantastic, aggressive runs and he out-muscled the Dragons pack. What's more, his late footwork really troubled them and it added a new element to his game. Loved havig him back.

Doueihi: Didn't get on so not much to say.

Murray: Excellent in the role that he played. Came on provided an impact as he went looking for action and looked really hungry. Hope to see him return to the starting side next week.

Clark: Is becoming a great impact off the bench and this game was no different, he's all energy when he comes on. Runs hard and makes his mark on the game. I loved the recption from the crowd he got when he came on too!

Tatola: Great impact. I just love how almost every run he has is at full tit and that was no different today, a nice game. Junior seems to love ball playing too which is awesome.

Our forwards won us the game today as they got the upper hand over one of the best packs in the comp. Additionally, I think they all made over twenty tackles which is just fantastic.

Overall, what a performance. We've beat the competition leaders and man, that'll give us some confidence. I'm so friggin happy!
What can I say but ditto!! It's great to be a bunny!!

Pommy

Coach
So what do we think are we genuine contenders?

I know this is just one game but the only side that worries me is Melbourne, if we can make it in to the 4 it’s up to anyone.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

I know this is just one game but the only side that worries me is Melbourne, if we can make it in to the 4 it’s up to anyone.
Melb are a real bogey team for us. But the way they’ve been a bit up and down, you never know, might jag one against them

southsport

First Grade

Definite contenders at this stage and still getting better I think but obviously we have to wait and see what state all clubs are in after the origin period.

Pommy

Coach
Definite contenders at this stage and still getting better I think but obviously we have to wait and see what state all clubs are in after the origin period.

I think we’re looking good for origin. Obviously we probably lose cook but we do have Farah who is not a bad back up no matter what anyone says.
We will more than likely lose Gagai but I would rather him than plenty of others.
Do we honestly think GI is going to get a recall? Did he retire from rep footy or not?

Life's Good

Coach
Thanks mate, you're a good sport, I didn't expect the win to be honest but I was happily surprised.
We simply played a team looking to make its mark which you guys did in a similar manner to the Warriors from a few weeks ago. After our Melbourne win I expected we would struggle to lift & that proved to be the case, taking nothing away from you guys, you’re a good team.
If you have the depth then you’re as good a chance as about 6 teams to win the big one.
Enjoy it.

Curns13

Juniors
I think we’re looking good for origin. Obviously we probably lose cook but we do have Farah who is not a bad back up no matter what anyone says.
We will more than likely lose Gagai but I would rather him than plenty of others.
Do we honestly think GI is going to get a recall? Did he retire from rep footy or not?
To answer your questions:
1. Yes he will
2. No he hasnt

Kevvie said before a game was even played this season, that if fit, GI was a certain starter.

For me:
9. Farah
5. Burns
4. Jennings
3. Hunt
2. Graham

southsport

First Grade
I think GI will get a callup, he's looking strong to me.

southsport

First Grade
To answer your questions:
1. Yes he will
2. No he hasnt

Kevvie said before a game was even played this season, that if fit, GI was a certain starter.

For me:
9. Farah
5. Burns
4. Jennings
3. Hunt
2. Graham
There could be one or two smokies too.

Latest posts