What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Sunday 13th May v Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

English Rose

Juniors
Feel like Murray has been hard done by here. He's a gun and should be starting at lock.

I agree Murray is a class player and future superstar but don't think he is at Sam Burgess's level just yet so Seibold has made the right decision imo.

I bet if you asked th Dragons forwards who would they rather face they would all say Murray instead of Sam. He is a player that brings fear to the opposition!

I think people underestimate just how Sam sures up the middle for Souths, as well as been a damaging runner his work rate and impact in defence is mightily important to the Bunnies!

Murray does look like a future Sam in the making though just hasn't got Sam's size!

CliveC

Juniors
I think Souths may have all the Burgii on for the first stanza,Saints pack ain't as good as they think they are.
We stick it up their forwards early and always have a Burgii out there right through the game Tats and Nicholls will do their job as usual.
Don't be surprised if our halves dominate.
Last time their halves did SFA and we have Sam back to let them know who's boss.Sims won't be late tackling Reyno again without Sams hot breath on him!

southsport

First Grade
It looks like I'm going to miss this game because they've scheduled it to be the early game on mothers day.

big hit!

Bench
I think Souths may have all the Burgii on for the first stanza,Saints pack ain't as good as they think they are.
We stick it up their forwards early and always have a Burgii out there right through the game Tats and Nicholls will do their job as usual.
Last time their halves did SFA and we have Sam back to let them know who's boss.Sims won't be late tackling Reyno again without Sams hot breath on him!
fact that the twins are holding onto the f**king pill for a change gets me excited. when they do this, they make metres, the team rolls off the back of them and this is darn good team because of it. Sam just has to play more weeks than he misses, and notice how his little bros are playing. he should be looking up to them at the moment

Dragons 09

Juniors

:):):)

Travitoh

First Grade
The problem with starting both twins imo is that once they go off after 20-25 minutes, we lose our barnstorming run. I like Tatola but he isn't at that level (though i would love for him to announce himself Sunday) and Nicholls who is an honest jobber. We could do with Fuimaono being fit.
I feel that Seibold should showing faith in Murray. He has earnt it and is yet to let us down. In fact he was voted as being second best against StGI only a few weeks ago when he started at 13 so what has changed?
I do like that it appears we are going in with 4 forwards though.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
What’s everyone’s thoughts on who makes way for Sam?
I would drop Crichton to the bench and play Sam in the 2nd row.
If I was Souths coach, I would be playing Sam lock.

That is taking nothing away from Murray. I like the look of him, he does look like a very good young footballer. With the interchange to be reduced to 6 next year, we may start to see more locks in the Murray mould? He looks like he would make a good edge forward too.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
why the hell would you play Sam on he right edge? he's one of the gun middle forwards in the NRL. he stays in the middle
I agree.

I read somewhere, maybe on this forum that Souths plan to play Sam as an edge forward next year, when Crichton goes to Easts. I think they would be better off keeping Sam at lock and playing Murray on the edge.

English Rose

Juniors
The problem with starting both twins imo is that once they go off after 20-25 minutes, we lose our barnstorming run. I like Tatola but he isn't at that level (though i would love for him to announce himself Sunday) and Nicholls who is an honest jobber. We could do with Fuimaono being fit.
I feel that Seibold should showing faith in Murray. He has earnt it and is yet to let us down. In fact he was voted as being second best against StGI only a few weeks ago when he started at 13 so what has changed?
I do like that it appears we are going in with 4 forwards though.

Nothing has changed but when you have a player of the calibre of Sam Burgess you play him! I'm sure Murrays time will come as he is a future captain of the Bunnies and he is learning off one of the best!

Travitoh

First Grade
Nothing has changed but when you have a player of the calibre of Sam Burgess you play him! I'm sure Murrays time will come as he is a future captain of the Bunnies and he is learning off one of the best!

You are right about Sam but I'm not suggesting he gets benched.
George coming from the bench not only gives us a quality ball runner at that stage of the game but also one who can (and has) turn momentum in our favour should we get off to a slow start and if we do get off to a good start he is capable of keeping that pressure on the opposition going. Nobody else outside of the 13 are capable of this from what we have seen.
A pack of St GI's quality and experience i expect would see the twins starting as a positive for them as they'd know that if they can weather the initial storm then the next 20 minutes is theirs.

Travitoh

First Grade
I agree.

I read somewhere, maybe on this forum that Souths plan to play Sam as an edge forward next year, when Crichton goes to Easts. I think they would be better off keeping Sam at lock and playing Murray on the edge.

The rumours were circulating that he was going to play an edge this season.
I agree that Sam needs to stay in the middle and if he plays prop then we have a 60 minute prop in the rotation. Hardly a bad thing.

callmack1

Staff member
The Origin of the Goanna: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/12/the-origin-of-the-goanna/

'Up for the challenge' - Seibold: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/12/up-for-the-challenge---seibold/

Updated 19 Man Squad: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/05/12/rabbitohs-tune-squad-ahead-of-dragons-clash/

Damn, so Jennings is out, Hunt comes in. That's a bit of a blow but I'm confident Hunt can do the job. Also, it seems Doueihi has come onto the bench in place of Nicholls. Not sure how I feel about that as I think we certainly need four forwards.

Is Seibs just playing mind games though??

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Latest posts