What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 11 vs Warriors: Live Game Day Thread - 18th May 2018

Are you getting pumped?

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Again we had enough ball, a favourable penalty count, against 12 men at one stage yet we still found a way to lose. It's his f**king tactics. He has no idea on how to attack. Three of our forwards made over 100m yet we still lost. Semi isn't there anymore yet we still play as if he is.
Block play after block play, then that slow as shit play out the back that hasn't worked since Watmough broke down for good.

And why does it take five plays to set up for anything??? We are the most boring side to watch since the 08 Eels coach by Hagan. All of that is on the coach and no one else.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Your talking best case scenarios. A coach needs to plan for injuries throughout the year. Several times we had 3 of the 4 playing, (I think at time the other was playing at wenty).
Hayne and Evans both got injured during the round three game, meaning they have played two full games this year, including the Brookvale game where we had no ball. So their only game where we had an even share of possession was in Penrith, where we lost on goals against the team currently sitting second, with the third best points differential.
Serious question...are we an attacking team or a defensive team?
Given we are a team without TPAs, we have been built for hard work across the board. To me that says we are a defensive team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**king genius you are, the head of footballing job is your next year if you want it........

Trust in Pou, in BA and Pou we trust.
So you reckon Arthur should blame injuries rather than the things we can fix? When I'm head of football you can be our media guy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Geez mate, I wonder how cooper cronks kicking game was off the wing.
He never played wing. He started off the bench for the Storm where he would come into the halves with Scott Hill moving to the forwards. Kicking was always one of Cronk's strengths. It would've been the reason they turned him into a half in the first place, despite his lack of playmaking skill.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you reckon Arthur should blame injuries rather than the things we can fix? When I'm head of football you can be our media guy.
I would take the job on but Max told me the job comes without pay. The club are broke and curs can't afford it.

So thats a no.

But if i did get the job it would be very exciting.

He never played wing. He started off the bench for the Storm where he would come into the halves with Scott Hill moving to the forwards. Kicking was always one of Cronk's strengths. It would've been the reason they turned him into a half in the first place, despite his lack of playmaking skill.
I think his point is that none of us know what French's kicking game is or could be like. He seems like a quick thinker to me which is important in the halves.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just don't believe that Manu has suddenly become a different player after a couple of years. I reckon his performance in the middle is showing us what we've been missing.
Anyone will look better in the middle when he gets to make heaps of runs late in the count. Most players in the middle do more tackling, with most of the runs given to the better attackers.

So for us Brown gets most of the runs. Recently Ma'u is playing that role. After Scott went off and Ma'u moved to the edge, Terepo became that guy. Also, the middle defenders they're running at tend to lack lateral movement, so an attacker with footwork - Brown, Ma'u, Edwards (ffs) - can really win the mismatch.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Again we had enough ball, a favourable penalty count, against 12 men at one stage yet we still found a way to lose. It's his f**king tactics. He has no idea on how to attack. Three of our forwards made over 100m yet we still lost. Semi isn't there anymore yet we still play as if he is.
Except our left winger last night was Bevan French, who only made three runs. Does that sound to you like we're playing as if Radradra is still there?

Anyone will look better in the middle when he gets to make heaps of runs late in the count. Most players in the middle do more tackling, with most of the runs given to the better attackers.

So for us Brown gets most of the runs. Recently Ma'u is playing that role. After Scott went off and Ma'u moved to the edge, Terepo became that guy. Also, the middle defenders they're running at tend to lack lateral movement, so an attacker with footwork - Brown, Ma'u, Edwards (ffs) - can really win the mismatch.
You're saying Ma'u looks better because he's getting to make the late runs in the middle now (or previous games anyway) compared to what he looked like on the edge? Then why did none of our middle forwards make the same kinds of runs previously? Brown is obviously good but he never did the same. His runs were more accumulation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think his point is that none of us know what French's kicking game is or could be like. He seems like a quick thinker to me which is important in the halves.
I've seen French kick from fullback and he is shit. Halves need to be able to kick and defend in the line, at a minimum. Neither of those are things suit Bevan French.

I've seen French kick from fullback and he is shit. Halves need to be able to kick and defend in the line, at a minimum. Neither of those are things suit Bevan French.
Was he supposed to be the kicker or were they botched plays? I've barely noticed him kick. As for defending, we know plenty of halves are shit. And a lot of it depends on their support. Maloney, our likely SOO half, is shit.
So he's not a winger and he's unlikely to secure the fullback spot. Where would you play him?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're saying Ma'u looks better because he's getting to make the late runs in the middle now (or previous games anyway) compared to what he looked like on the edge? Then why did none of our middle forwards make the same kinds of runs previously? Brown is obviously good but he never did the same. His runs were more accumulation.
Because Ma'u is a better runner than Brown, which is one reason he is normally an 80 minute edge forward. We have also been struggling to get the ball to our edges this year, which is one of the reasons Ma'u has been less effective.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What mistake do you think they made? And now you have the benefit of hindsight, how would they have done better?
Having a wrestling and defensive coach before round 6, not signing some AFL nuffy that worried more about running styles than collisions and wrestling. finally signing a dummy half that isn't just reserve grade standard. Strengthening our pack with actual first grade footballers, not signing reserve grade plodders to 3 year deals. -playing a style of football that isn't the worst and most boring in the league. dropping under performing players who couldn't give a shit. Not being capable of finding young talent and bringing them through the grades.

Let alone the younger blokes who have gone backwards or regressed at the rate of knots in our set up. lie, twist and move goal posts and generally BS all you like but the one stats that matters is we are dead last and 2 from 11.

This team is an absolute disgrace and there is nothing you can say to suggest to people otherwise.

Latest posts