What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 11 vs Warriors: Live Game Day Thread - 18th May 2018

Are you getting pumped?

• Total voters

Noise

Coach
Joey Grima spills coach is doing a great job.

Yep outstanding. The guys over at TCT blow their load over the weird drills and tools he comes up with to improve ball handling and passing. Problem is they are not functional in a game situation.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep outstanding. The guys over at TCT blow their load over the weird drills and tools he comes up with to improve ball handling and passing. Problem is they are not functional in a game situation.
Looks like nothing they worked in the off season is functional in a game situation, i mean why change what worked for us last season???

Block play after block play, then that slow as shit play out the back that hasn't worked since Watmough broke down for good.

And why does it take five plays to set up for anything??? We are the most boring side to watch since the 08 Eels coach by Hagan. All of that is on the coach and no one else.

we saw the blueprint in the second half we started running from dummy half and offloading and it was working then the warriors scored and we reset to suck mode

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is Ma'u's form a result of moving into the middle, or something else? Seems odd to me that he's all of a sudden going on great runs after moving infield. Doesn't it maybe suggest the space out wide was restricted by other factors?

He gets the ball earlier in the middle (eg straight from the hooker), so he can use his speed/foot work) to make good metres (especially if the defensive line isn’t set probably like the 3rd or 4th tackle)

While on the edge he doesn’t get the ball early and his ability to make metres is more dependent on the attacking structure and how the ball gets to him. Manu isn’t really big enough to consistently break tackles out wide and if the attacking structure isnt set probably, he really can’t take advantage of his foot work / speed.

I thought last year Manu was getting to easy to defend against due to the above factors (not our poor form this year)

IFR33K

Coach
He never played wing. He started off the bench for the Storm where he would come into the halves with Scott Hill moving to the forwards. Kicking was always one of Cronk's strengths. It would've been the reason they turned him into a half in the first place, despite his lack of playmaking skill.

He filled in out wide. Regardless if it was off the bench. He wasn’t a genuine half.

hindy111

Post Whore
One or two signings plus the seven missing first graders from tonight. You don't think nine players would've made a difference? We have the worst wingers in the f**king competition. And when Peni Terepo's your best attacking forward you must be missing some players.

Brown 350
Mannah 350
Hayne 500
Evans 400
Kaysa 150
T rex 150
Edwards 300
There is 2.2 million right there.... Or 30% of our cap.

To be fair they had rts and Johnson out

hindy111

Post Whore
Eels need to be carefull now. If the juniors are set up to start coming throu gh we dont want to go silly and offer overs for guys tp have short term sucess and lose all these young guys who can help us long term be a steady force.

We do need a clean out. That is certain.

IFR33K

Coach
Brown 350
Mannah 350
Hayne 500
Evans 400
Kaysa 150
T rex 150
Edwards 300
There is 2.2 million right there.... Or 30% of our cap.

To be fair they had rts and Johnson out

No hindy, it’s only fair we mention our players that are out

Joely01

Bench
Just on this, with the success of Ma'u in the middle, I wonder could we use Brown at prop in an effort to really get on the front foot?

8-Alvaro
9-Plod hooker
10-Brown
11-Tep or Taka
12-Marata or Tep or Taka
13-Ma'u

14-Plod utility hooker
15-Mannah
16-Terepo
17-Evans (when fit)

I dunno...probably never happen but it's a different approach from what we're doing now.

EDIT- I forgot Gower, he should slot in there somewhere too.

I’ve been saying Brown to prop all season. It makes sense for mine.
And honestly Terepo isn’t in a fully fit 17, Gower in for sure.
I’m also ready to give Tep the punt, we have stayed with him with all this promise in the world and he has offered nothing. We need an edge forward that will bring fear to the opposing half.

strider

Post Whore
The difference between us and the warriors last night was when they had the ball attacking our line, their merkins were running hard - all of them - they had options - they were doing it as speed - their bacline movements were similar styles of play but their halves straighten up and all their players are moving and running hard

Our halves run sideways too much ... norman seems to have mostly lost the plot - he soooo often does the stiffling stop n dance ... our players are often getting the ball standing still

Eelogical

Referee
Middle of May and we're shot ducks for the finals. From here on in it's going to be very exciting.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ve been saying Brown to prop all season. It makes sense for mine.
And honestly Terepo isn’t in a fully fit 17, Gower in for sure.
I’m also ready to give Tep the punt, we have stayed with him with all this promise in the world and he has offered nothing. We need an edge forward that will bring fear to the opposing half.

Id move Terepo to 2nd row over Tepai