What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He is right. When you get humiliated 54 to blot in round 2 you have some serious, serious attitude issues. I was stupid too and thought it was an anomaly and due to the heat but the alarm bells should have been ringing with everyone at the club.
Easy to say in hindsight.

Avenger

Immortal
I think Avenger at some stage has mentioned every possible first grade coach as a replacement. Different answer every time the question is asked.

I guess that's how you look like a genius when one of your options eventually happens.
At least I answered the question. These are just options not definitive answers. The only person you guys have convinced me not to take is Hasler.

strider

Post Whore
Id like to see 4 or 5 signings.

A class centre and id be happy to splash 500k.

A class winger and hasppy to splash 400k

Hayne or Jennings goes along with Bevan which free up cash there along with Hoffman or perhaps Auvau.

Second rower

Someone who can break the line. We may need 600k to get a decent one. Beau Scotts money gives 400k. KE leaves 300k so there is room.

Prop - We have junior so lets assume we used what had under cap to get him.

1 more prop and a hooker is what id like but has to be quality. So we need to find perhaps 1.2mill.

Where we have gone wrong is not a strong enough top 17 and lots of depth. We have too many guys on Nrl contracts who are in nsw cup or not in top 17 if all fit

Auvau,Hoffman,Scott,Matagi,Vave, W.Smith.

Id say most those guys are on over 200k. People are kidding self if think Vave and Matagi where cheap. They where playing first grade week in week out and playing dam good footy. Id lean towards closer to 300k then 200k. Even I was excited when signed the pair.
Hoffman also falls into this category and then there is Beau Scott.

Auvau and W.Smith after last years success would mean there deals where closer to 200k.
King im unsure but i reckon being a 1yr deal and him playing well last season we got burnt.
There is 1.5 mill worth of talent not good enough for our top 17....
Id rather a stronger top 17 and 6 back ups on 120k. Mainly juniors.

Rather then call upon Scott you have a Niakuore
For backs GL, Akafalou.....

The key is a strong top 17 with not many injuries but if do good juniors who can do job on cheap. What weve created is no path for young guys to be blooded. They have been blocked by average nrl players. It isnt an ideal system.
I reckon we used more than what we had under the cap to get junior

strider

Post Whore
Everyone blamed Des for dogs style and signings. To people beleive Des was managing the cap and if he was gee what the hell was going on?

He isnt a terrible coach. If you went for a guy like Des and had a guy like Brian Smith or the duke (argh bed wettings back) over see signings Id like the set up.

Our squad isnt winning cause there not happy or enjoying footy anymore.
I dont think Des can work shackled ... he wouldnt have a controlling boss

emjaycee

Coach
He'd also front load, back load and side load every contract and leave you rooted for about 10 years after he left...
At least you would be 'fully loaded'

latest

Gronk

Staff member
It's not Gronk, we are are a laughing stock after being tipped by many to finish top 4. We are so bad that soon we won't even care, which is sad.

Yes it is. Your stance of heads rolling and clean out is indeed a hot- headed panic move.

Bazal

Post Whore
At least I answered the question. These are just options not definitive answers. The only person you guys have convinced me not to take is Hasler.

If the Peptides don't convince you about Flanagan, watching the Sharks play should.

No way would that work with our squad. Absolutely none. We already get penalized out of games, and his style is all about dragging the other blokes down, mucking up the game and winning a snorefest.

No thanks

Avenger

Immortal
If the Peptides don't convince you about Flanagan, watching the Sharks play should.

No way would that work with our squad. Absolutely none. We already get penalized out of games, and his style is all about dragging the other blokes down, mucking up the game and winning a snorefest.

No thanks
FFS. The Sharks are one of the toughest teams in the comp. Everyone hates playing them. Give me that any day before this crap dished out by Norman and his sidewinder block plays.

Eelementary

Post Whore
My opinion:

* We need a more reliable halves partner for Moses (Norman has regressed imo).

* We need a big-bodied prop to take the first runs of the sets, and skittle defenders; this makes it easier for other forwards to take runs afterwards.

Hooker...would be nice, but I think our current options are serviceable until blokes like Mahoney and Schneider are ready tbh.

Our number one priority would be finding a new 6, imo. I like Norman, but he's calling the shots took often, and he's failing out there.

I think it's contributing to Moses' inconsistency.

Not a popular opinion, I'm sure, but I'd go for:

6. Smith
7. Moses

Smith has some errors in him, but he always gives 100%, and he's a dangerous runner of the ball.

Plus, he wouldn't overlay his hand, and I think Moses works better as the dominant half.

Just my two cents.

Bazal

Post Whore
FFS. The Sharks are one of the toughest teams in the comp. Everyone hates playing them. Give me that any day before this crap dished out by Norman and his sidewinder block plays.

Yeah but they have recruited for Flanagans style FFS.

He loves a player like Dugan, who has all the creativity of a month old potato, but just plods away and does a job. His halves are just shovellers. Look what his style has done to Matt Moylan

He would stifle guys like Moses and Gutherson and he'd struggle to get the same results out of our squad.

Happy MEel

First Grade
My opinion:

* We need a more reliable halves partner for Moses (Norman has regressed imo).

* We need a big-bodied prop to take the first runs of the sets, and skittle defenders; this makes it easier for other forwards to take runs afterwards.

Hooker...would be nice, but I think our current options are serviceable until blokes like Mahoney and Schneider are ready tbh.

Our number one priority would be finding a new 6, imo. I like Norman, but he's calling the shots took often, and he's failing out there.

I think it's contributing to Moses' inconsistency.

Not a popular opinion, I'm sure, but I'd go for:

6. Smith
7. Moses

Smith has some errors in him, but he always gives 100%, and he's a dangerous runner of the ball.

Plus, he wouldn't overlay his hand, and I think Moses works better as the dominant half.

Just my two cents.
Hayne would be a better option at 5/8 than Smith IMO.