What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 11 vs Warriors: Live Game Day Thread - 18th May 2018

Are you getting pumped?

• Total voters

Happy MEel

First Grade
The four of them never played together this year. And of course there was something terribly wrong with our form at the start of the year, as proven by the 50 point loss to fellow bottom dwellers Manly. I think at least a couple of people have overstayed their welcome at our club, and the coach might not be one of them.

It depends who’s missing. For a team with a lot of attacking talent they can afford to lose some attacking players. The Warriors were only missing three players from their top 17. We were missing seven.
Actually, you take the two best attacking players from a spine, they should only have an average attack and still be poor defensively. Somehow, we managed to be even worse even though they only had 12 players on the field for an 1/8 of the game.

As far as cap space on the sideline, I’d say we have slightly
More than the warriors, but not by that much.

Hayne - $500
T-Rex - $120
Evans - $400
Brown - $600
Edwards - $350
Kaysa - $180
Mannah - $400

Johnson - $900
RTS - $mill
Pulu - $250

What about the sharks and panthers? They had plenty of cap space on the sidelines.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The difference between us and the warriors last night was when they had the ball attacking our line, their merkins were running hard - all of them - they had options - they were doing it as speed - their bacline movements were similar styles of play but their halves straighten up and all their players are moving and running hard

Our halves run sideways too much ... norman seems to have mostly lost the plot - he soooo often does the stiffling stop n dance ... our players are often getting the ball standing still

As they know we have no real attack in the middle. We have workers and some run hard in the middle but no one that can really break the line / offload in traffic. It reduces the room our halves / backs have.

Add Paulo and another forward (plus our injured players) and it will make a massive difference.

IFR33K

Coach
No he wasn't.
He played fullback until Gutho came back, by which time Hayne was gone the first time.
Hayne was back for the Manly game and Bevan was dropped that week.
Hayne got injured and Bevan came back in.

Bevan played round 1 and was shifting between fullback and wing iirc.

amitropo

Juniors
I like BA, I do question his team selection and tactics at times.
There are no real quality options right now to replace him.
Dymock? Not so sure. Would of been head coach at dogs if he was any good.
Maguire, no longer available.
Henry, pass.
Taylor, pass.
Only a top 3 coach can fix what we are going through right now.
Do we miss Peter Gentile that much?
Or did the club just expect things to flow on from last season effortlessly.

Win 12 in a row and we are there, then premiers :first_place::trophy::grin:

Honestly with the roster the Cowboys have they should be the ones copping it not us. They made the Grand Final without 2 Test players last, add them back and they have gone worse, they too will be struggling to make the 8.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k it. Because I have a mate on staff who has told me a number of times they don’t know why our shit performances are happening on game days

And if they did know how to fix it we would be seeing changes in the way we play. But here we are at 2 and 9.

Tell us again how losing your first 4 games is the same as losing 4 games at any time during the season. And how based on the strength of our squad we will still make the 8.
Here’s a simple question - how did we go from winning 16 games last year to winning two this year? Radradra was worth 14 wins was he? A f**king winger?

The staff are right to be confused as to the turnaround in execution. There are players who played well last year who are now playing poorly. Losing an outside back - even the best in the world - doesn’t cause that.

The best explanation is injuries, much like how the 2016 Roosters fell to shit despite few roster changes.

Noise

Coach
Here’s a simple question - how did we go from winning 16 games last year to winning two this year? Radradra was worth 14 wins was he? A f**king winger?

Poor preparation in the off season:
- No defensive coach
- No wrestling coach
- AFL guru who did not train them to the needs of first grade rugby league. You can argue that all you want but you are wrong
- Failure to adapt to changes in rule interpretations and because of that we didn't recruit the type of players we needed (And don't give me that Kane Evans 'dynamic runner' 'just what we need' bullshit)

Also players have grown too comfortable with BA and are not responding to his coaching.

*I've never said Semi was the reason so I don't know why you brought him up?

amitropo

Juniors
Radradra would go lookin for the ball, his runs also probably inspired and lifted team to go forward.
He would create momentum, something Brown does as well. Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to the plate this year.
We have no leaders.
Support play is almost not existent.
1 up plays, tackled, slow play the ball ,repeat with a dash of side running.
We don’t have a 9 that runs to the line from play the ball to test and keep opponents guessing, keep them on back foot and create an off load.
Play the ball is too slow and forwards always overrun and almost come to a stop when receiving ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We had 55% of possession and only made 2 more errors than the warriors. Conceded 4 less penalties too. Even with most of the ball and more players on the field for 10min we are still shit. The great Joey Grima and his ‘skills’ training is not translating into games.
It just shows the team played well but a couple of individual f**k ups killed us. As you’d expect when close to half the team are backups.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was in the team when everyone was fit.
When was everyone fit? He was in the team at fullback until Gutherson came back. But Gutherson, Hayne and French have never all played in the same team. French and Hayne have played together three times (the first three rounds this year) and Gutherson was unavailable for those games.

That said, I'm sure Arthur's wants French in the top 17, even on the wing if necessary. But that says more about how weak we are on the wing than anything else. I'm certain Arthur wants wingers who can help bring the ball out of our half, but he also doesn't want them to be liabilities against the kick. French at least covers this last base, plus he is a great finisher.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brown 350
Mannah 350
Hayne 500
Evans 400
Kaysa 150
T rex 150
Edwards 300
There is 2.2 million right there.... Or 30% of our cap.

To be fair they had rts and Johnson out
Agreed, and I think with both teams at full strength the Warriors probably would have win anyway. They have a better squad than we do, plus a great coach. But the Warriors also have plenty of salary cap advantages we don't have. So you'd expect them to have better stuff.

Latest posts