What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs the Dragons

tripster

Juniors
Some tough decisions ahead for Griffin. Does he drop Wallace to reserve grade? Does he drop Whare, who played very well last night? You put Peachey on the bench alongside a second dummy half, it's a very light bench. Or does Peachey come on as dummy half?

Yes, very difficult decisions to make.

You'd have to say, based on how we have gone in the last two games without Wallace, that the best decision for the team is to play Wallace in reserve grade. I appreciate that's awful for a number of reasons, but we have looked excellent in the past two games without him (and haven't conceded a try in either of those games). It is similar how we looked last year when we went on that massive winning streak without Wallace for most of those games.

If Wallace stays in reserve grade, then with Blake back, presumably Katoa starts, Peach goes to the bench and Egan drops out. The only difficultly with that is there still seems to be some concern that Katoa isn't an 80 minute player, but as you say, perhaps Peach comes on as a dummy half for a brief stint (although he isn't good in that position) - a difficult problem to solve!

OldPanther

Coach
I think what Griffin will do is have Wallace start and Katoa Bench. I just can't see them dropping him even though it appears best for the team.

franklin2323

Immortal
This. Our next game is against the biggest pack in the comp. The rest will be good.

Not just next game. The line speed and aggression is hard to maintain all season. We have 4 good backrowers 5 when Peachey moves back so they have been playing full games hopefully that can stop for the rest of the year and even rest guys totally from games

TheFrog

Coach
That has SOO written all over it. Sadly probably not even going to figure in discussions.
The way for Yeo or anyone to grab the attention of rep selectors is big performances in big games, like finals and grand finals. That is how Jackson and Cordner became fixtures in the NSW side. Last night would not have done him any harm, it was played like a final.

franklin2323

Immortal
Some tough decisions ahead for Griffin. Does he drop Wallace to reserve grade? Does he drop Whare, who played very well last night? You put Peachey on the bench alongside a second dummy half, it's a very light bench. Or does Peachey come on as dummy half?

For me Blake/Whare centres

Bench of Peachey. Kikau. Leota. Tamou..

Hooker depends on how Wallace comes back after the rest but could cover a 2nd hooker on the bench and start Peachey with CHN on bench if needed

TheFrog

Coach
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 8
Crichton 7
Peachey 8
Whare 7
Phillips 6
Maloney 7
Cleary 8
Merrin 7
Katoa 7
Campbell-Gillard 7
Harawira-Naera 7
Yeo 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Egan 6
Hetherington 6
Kikau 8
Tamou 7

Referees Sutton/Sutton (7)

tripster

Juniors
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 8
Crichton 7
Peachey 8
Whare 7
Phillips 6
Maloney 7
Cleary 8
Merrin 7
Katoa 7
Campbell-Gillard 7
Harawira-Naera 7
Yeo 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Egan 6
Hetherington 6
Kikau 8
Tamou 7

Referees Sutton/Sutton (7)

That seems pretty harsh for mine - what does someone need to do earn a 10 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TheFrog

Coach
That seems pretty harsh for mine - what does someone need to do earn a 10 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Based on RLW ratings system. They gave a 10 once or twice a decade across all teams. Last to get one was Dylan Napa when he destroyed the Rabbitohs a few years ago. Even a 9 happened only a few times a year over the entire comp. I thought this was a magnificent team performance but without anyone standing out hugely, just a really good team effort. Was tempted to give Yeo and Fisher-Harris a 9 to be honest.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was dumb. Early guilty plea as no way of defending it, particularly so soon after the Cameron Smtih one, so he’ll miss the Raiders game.

Exsilium

First Grade

It’s tough to say. We will know more once the origin teams are announced.

I think Wallace certainly has value to the side but if we picked on form of individuals and continuity of the team form then maybe he gets a starting spot but with reduced minutes.

I think he knows his time is nearly up but he could extend his career in England if he wanted.

betcats

Referee
Braith spoke about Heathro during the call, he coached him in the juniors at the rorts, he basically said stay away from him(when that push and shove happened) cause he loves a fight and is tough af. Basically made him sound like a lunatic lol, good player if he can control it tho.

tripster

Juniors
Braith spoke about Heathro during the call, he coached him in the juniors at the rorts, he basically said stay away from him(when that push and shove happened) cause he loves a fight and is tough af. Basically made him sound like a lunatic lol, good player if he can control it tho.

He looks like he is full of real mongrel. Reminds me a bit of Michael Crocker in how he plays (and is already starting to get a judiciary record to match it).